Quintiles Transnational Employee Reviews in United States

Great Colleagues
CLINICAL TEAM LEAD/PROJECT MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 21, 2015
Culture has changed since the company has gone public. Too many clinical redesigns.
productive workplace
Project Leader (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYJanuary 17, 2015
work will keep you busy but you will never have to take it home, leave work at work. you will have peaks of busy time where you might have to spend a few additional hours during the week to get thins done or prep for the next day
Great company to work for.
Clinical Trials Assistant (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 2, 2015
Great company to work for. Great hours, good resources for career advancement. There are many training engagements that help with potential growth within the company.
Knowledgeable Management and Professional Environment.
Clinical Nurse Educator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 25, 2014
The hardest part of this Job was the extensive training and testing for the first three months. The most enjoyable part was to travel all over the US to different Hospital Sites to train and learn the product. Management was very knowledgeable and fair. Teamwork was strongly encouraged. The most important learning curve was to adapt to the extensive amount of Administrative duties involved in this position.
Pros
benefits of being with a nationally ranked company, tremendous exposure to the industry. autonomy.
Cons
extensive overninght travel 90-95%
laboratory techncian
Clinical Inventory Control Associate (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GADecember 24, 2014
Overall, it was wealthy in learning the different field as laboratory technician. In addition, it was a life time experience to be educate on different field .
Working in that company was a life time experience . In all aspect of the field it was an excelling experience.

Working at Quintiles was the opportunity to learn the other side of the medical tools. As a typical day set in, I was called to identify a medical appliance that was new in the company, it was very challenging , it took medical mind, it took me days before I was able to differentiate the tools.

I have learnt to be detailed oriented.
At the time I was working in that company time management was the best thing I learnt in that company. I was very consistency in whatever I do by getting my work done.
Team work was my goal .
Time demanding but managed to work within a reasonable time.
Being to identified all the medical tools and differentiate.

I became well equipped and educated in the medical fields. I have learn to work with the medical tools as well managing them .It was an excellent company to work with.
Pros
medical assembler
Cons
no breaks.
Great stepping stone into the world of Pharma
Sales professional (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 16, 2014
Great company to work for to build experience and grow networking circle.
View employees as independent professionals
Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, CODecember 15, 2014
Free to operate business without tight micro-management but hold employees accountable for performance. Offer nice compensation packages and keep employees feeling connected as part of a team. Company helps employees feel that we are making a difference bringing better healthcare opportunities to physicians and their patients.
Pros
friendly and respectful to employees
Cons
very short-term employment opportunity
Good culture
Diabetes Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNNovember 23, 2014
The typical day is fun and fast paced. I learned selling skills and disease state knowledge. The management team is realistic and relaxed. The co-workers and the culture is great. The job is difficult at times but I most enjoy the interaction between me and the customer knowing that we both are seeking a better quality of life for the patients.
Loved the company and the job
Medical Specialty Representative - Women's Health (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 20, 2014
Quintiles was the contract organization to implement a new product by Ther-Rx Specialty Corp for women's health product calling on OB/GYN and Maternal Fetal Medicine physicians. I covered Rhode Island, Connecticut, and Massachusetts. Tremendous focus on this job with lots of autonomy. The initial launch of the product was a struggle but I was so passionate about this product and what it did for women that I was determined to win the battle one physician at a time. Being very successful in this position and creating a highly successful territory with no market presence was very rewarding. I know I impacted patient lives, their babies, and their families.
I enjoy working in Neurology so I like the field.
Central Nervous System Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJNovember 4, 2014
The position started out good and then overnight became overly micromanaged due to company's disappointing national sales goals.
Help Desk Technician / Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJOctober 29, 2014
Great place to work. great benefits and a good work life balance.
Best place to work. Hard work with lots of incentives and moral building
Site Start-Up Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 18, 2014
I have not found a position like the one I had with Quintiles. The set the bar very high. There were long hours and sometimes 7 days a work. I sometimes worked till 3am on projects. This position required focus, multitasking, knowing everything there is to know about all of the studies you were working on in case there was a conference.

This position was through Kelly Scientific and Quintiles hired me on.
Pros
colleagues - the absolute best ever!!!!
Cons
not a single con
Quintiles allowed me to us my leadership and people skills.
Human Resources HRPSC Specialist (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 11, 2014
Quintiles is a great company to work for. I have gained experienced working as a project lead on several system projects that launched on time and successfully.

I worked closely with teams from around the world and supported line managers and other HR partners from around the world.
High paced environment with opportunities for growth and development
Senior Director, Global Learning (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCSeptember 30, 2014
High paced environment with opportunities for growth and development
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Home office locationSeptember 19, 2014
Work hard and get recognized for your hard work. Fast paced, many therapeutic areas that we can work with.
Pros
autonomous work; eager to listen to employees
Cons
recently cutting costs, providing jobs to lower cost countries.
Educational
Pharmacovigilance Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  RTP, NCSeptember 18, 2014
A great learning experience.
Enjoyed the co-workers
Respected the management staff
A nice place for a temp assignment, interesting work, nice people.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MASeptember 17, 2014
I enjoyed the temporary project I worked on and the extra assignments I was given during down time. Everyone was nice to work with. The supervisors, managers and co-workers were nice.
Pros
overall, the company does interesting work
Cons
the project itself would have been too repetitive if it had been full time, yet it was nice as a temp. project
I loved the people i worked with.
Sr. Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCSeptember 15, 2014
My job was very challenging and I loved the people.
I needed a career change.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
questionable work ethics
nice culture great people, no stability
Sr. Global IT Infrastructure Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas CitySeptember 13, 2014
nice culture great people, no stability, outsourcing to other countries,
This is where your soul goes to die
Regulatory & Start Up (Former Employee) –  66211August 19, 2014
Things overhead at the Q:

"If you met your goal, obviously it wasn't challenging enough so we are increasing the target"

"I was up until 2:00 am and I still have barely made a dent in my to-do list!"

"I had to call IT to get my email storage increased. Again. I am getting over 100 emails a day and I can't keep up."

"Your job is safe. We just aren't going to be back-filling any positions in the US anymore."

"How nice that you get to each lunch. I haven't taken a lunch in 2 months."

(while crying) "I can't do this job anymore . . . I tried applying to a total of 5 other jobs within the Q in the last 8 months and I always hear that I either have too much, or not enough experience."

"I'm calling out sick just so I can work offline and get caught up on work without having to worry about replying to emails or answering the phone."
Pros
great benefits
Cons
everything else