QuintilesIMS Employee Reviews

Friendly and caring environment where the company genuinely cares about you
Vendor Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 6, 2016
My internship duties mainly involved correcting data in the new ERP system and supporting the Vendor Management global team. I learned how to use an enterprise resource planning system, gained new Excel skills and gained first-hand experience in working on a global team. Management was very down to Earth and we typically only used first names. Everyone was friendly and always willing to talk, there were multiple times that I had good conversations with strangers on the elevator. The hallways had good music playing all day, it ranged from the little river band to fifties classics. The most enjoyable part of the job were the little gifts for employees. Every quarter there was something special like free lunch, a make your own trail mix station or an ice cream social. You could walk in some mornings and find little gifts like a Quintiles poster for your desk or a rubik's cube with IT safety facts on it. It was nice knowing that the company thought about me and wanted to make me happy.
Pros
Good food in the cafeteria, friendly environment, good 401k
Great place to be employed
Data Entry Clerk (Temporary) (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WIDecember 2, 2016
Its like home, like a family you never want to leave. I am only a temporary associate who works on the Medicaid team. I am stationed at my own desk, with very little micro managing. Self starter and goal oriented, to get the job done.
Productive and fun environment
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westmont, ILNovember 28, 2016
Keeping up with tested slides and properly storing them. Organizing and keeping up with lab equipment was very important as well as carrying many medical files and placing them in alphabetical order. Great environment to work in, hardest part was carefully placing the slides in their storage area having to be extremely careful. Easiest job I would say keeping up with the records and maintaining the lab equipment and assisting others.
Great Company with an Amazing Culture
Medical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 24, 2016
Working at Quintiles was a great experience. They take care of their employees and help them further their careers by offering opportunities to grow and advancement.
great family life balance
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJNovember 7, 2016
They are slow to promote but very understanding with life events and giving a good balance of work to family life. Depending on your role you work at your own pace to produce results.
Operations (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 24, 2016
Pros: Work/life balance, benefits, vacation, and compensation.
Cons: High turn over rate within engineering department. Uncertainty with senior level management.
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
High turn over rate
Healthy friendly culture
Nurse Educator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 20, 2016
A company with lots of opportunity to do different work projects, however it does not afford those opportunities to those lacking experience in specific jobs, therefore not a great place for growth.
Pros
Friendly management
Cons
Lack of growth opportunity to those lacking specific experience
Productive great place to learn
Clinical Trial Assistant (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 18, 2016
Good company to work for. There are several opportunities to learn and grow. The staff is very knowledgeable and willing to help. There are many opportunities for your hard work to be recognized.
Quintiles is a great place to work.
IT Program Manager and SR Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCOctober 17, 2016
Very good company to work for. The employees work very well together in getting the projects done on time with a very hard working teaming atmosphere.
Pros
Flexible work from home program
An ok place to work
Lab Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 21, 2016
A typical work day was pretty med range as far as stress levels go and the work loads are not to bad. You go in, wait for a delivery truck to drop off your work load and then you began your work which takes about 2 1/2 - 4 hours and you are on your feet the whole time.
I learned better time management and to speak up if I had an ideal that may better the business. Nothing good to say about the Management team so I won't speak on it. Co-workers are like family. The hardest part of the job was trying to remember all of the protocols to are continently being changed every few weeks. Second half of the work day which was light and some of the positive people I worked with was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Long lunch breaks and Many PTO Hours
Cons
Advancement in the company is not so easy
good place to work
Account Service Representative (Client Services) (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PASeptember 7, 2016
technology. work flexible.(telecommute). Client visits. Vendor services.Great name in information industry, new tools and products.
largest vendor industry.
Pros
work flexible.(telecommute). Great name in information industry
Great people
Exec Asst to the Head, Strategic Proj Mgmt Office (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 7, 2016
The job I was hired for didn't have long to really take off. After a few weeks, my boss learned that his new boss was transferring the project we were working on, over seas and the whole team would need to look elsewhere for a position - either within Quintiles or outside of Quintiles.
Pros
People
Cons
Job ended after 90 days
Family Environment
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INSeptember 6, 2016
Management treated employees with respect and listened to ideas from the field. They truly cared about the individual as well as the companies bottom line.
Pros
Listened to Employees ideas and concerns
Cons
Contract work therefore risk of layoff.
Productive fun place to work
Lab Support Senior Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 2, 2016
I loved working with Quintiles. A very diverse place to work with good benefits. Salary was good, and the employee gym. Everyone was excited to work for this company
Pros
Great working group of people
Cons
Traffic
Productive Place
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 23, 2016
Good Company, good co-workers environment was fast paced . Quntiles was employee oriented and had very good field managers.
Pros
Good Environment
Pioneering the Pharmaceutical Industry
Cardiovascular Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 31, 2016
Quintiles is a great place to work.
Competitive wages.
Competitive insurance.
Many opportunities for upward mobility.
Quintiles provides a stable environment within an evolving and changing market.
Pros
Flexible Daily Schedule
Cons
Salary may vary from contract to contract; small vacation day initially
Conducive environment to work
Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 26, 2016
Develop recruitment strategies and an enrollment plan with the investigator and site staff to meet recruitment goals in coordination with the Global Monitoring Plan project recruitment plan and conducts evaluation, initiation, routine monitoring and close out visits at each assigned study site, as outlined in the Global Monitoring Plan.
Great place to help jumpstart a career.
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 25, 2016
I have enjoyed my time here. I like the people I work with and am grateful Quintiles gave me my first job. Management decisions have led to the closing of many jobs.
Pharmaceutical Company
Documentation Manager and Special Projects Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJuly 23, 2016
I was working on Special Projects that would bring a new product to the marketplace based on the results. 1000 people were involved in this study.
Pros
Fun people to work with.
Cons
No benefits at time.
this was a good company to work for
Clinical Data Assistant (Contract Employee) (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 11, 2016
what I did at this company was data entry. I data entry all of there clinical study data in the system. I learn how to work serval study at one time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QuintilesIMS. Our community is ready to answer.