QuintilesIMS Employee Reviews

QuintilesIMS
Senior Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJDecember 21, 2016
QuintilesIMS has been very good to me and my family. I have been constantly challenged and I am NEVER bored! My leadership values my opinion and has implemented ideas that have driven business success and also met the need of patients.
The most difficult part of the job is that we are on contracts and the contracts end after a certain period of time. Its difficult to work so hard on a project and then have it end after a set period of time.
The people make this role amazing! We encourage each other on our hard days and celebrate our successes. Its a wonderful company and I am enjoying my time with them.
Pros
The leadership, challenges, positive environment
Cons
Salary & starting vacation is less than market
Friendly and caring environment where the company genuinely cares about you
Vendor Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 6, 2016
My internship duties mainly involved correcting data in the new ERP system and supporting the Vendor Management global team. I learned how to use an enterprise resource planning system, gained new Excel skills and gained first-hand experience in working on a global team. Management was very down to Earth and we typically only used first names. Everyone was friendly and always willing to talk, there were multiple times that I had good conversations with strangers on the elevator. The hallways had good music playing all day, it ranged from the little river band to fifties classics. The most enjoyable part of the job were the little gifts for employees. Every quarter there was something special like free lunch, a make your own trail mix station or an ice cream social. You could walk in some mornings and find little gifts like a Quintiles poster for your desk or a rubik's cube with IT safety facts on it. It was nice knowing that the company thought about me and wanted to make me happy.
Pros
Good food in the cafeteria, friendly environment, good 401k
Operations (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 24, 2016
Pros: Work/life balance, benefits, vacation, and compensation.
Cons: High turn over rate within engineering department. Uncertainty with senior level management.
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
High turn over rate
Pioneering the Pharmaceutical Industry
Cardiovascular Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 31, 2016
Quintiles is a great place to work.
Competitive wages.
Competitive insurance.
Many opportunities for upward mobility.
Quintiles provides a stable environment within an evolving and changing market.
Pros
Flexible Daily Schedule
Cons
Salary may vary from contract to contract; small vacation day initially
Quintiles
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 11, 2016
Good company. They align internal reviews with the goals of the client. The managers are pretty hands off as well. The company has good benefits as well.
Productive fun place to work
Lab Support Senior Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 2, 2016
I loved working with Quintiles. A very diverse place to work with good benefits. Salary was good, and the employee gym. Everyone was excited to work for this company
Pros
Great working group of people
Cons
Traffic
Great company with added benefits, team spirit and encouragement
Certified Diabetes Educator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 3, 2016
Quintiles is a great company to work for ten years. Excellent
salary with benefits including gas card, car allowance as the
job requires travelling to physician offices in Greater Philadelphia.
Team spirit and positive environment. Leadership encouraged.
Pros
good benefits and opportunity for growth
Cons
longer hours and travelling for this job
An ok place to work
Lab Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 21, 2016
A typical work day was pretty med range as far as stress levels go and the work loads are not to bad. You go in, wait for a delivery truck to drop off your work load and then you began your work which takes about 2 1/2 - 4 hours and you are on your feet the whole time.
I learned better time management and to speak up if I had an ideal that may better the business. Nothing good to say about the Management team so I won't speak on it. Co-workers are like family. The hardest part of the job was trying to remember all of the protocols to are continently being changed every few weeks. Second half of the work day which was light and some of the positive people I worked with was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Long lunch breaks and Many PTO Hours
Cons
Advancement in the company is not so easy
Pharmaceutical Company
Documentation Manager and Special Projects Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJuly 23, 2016
I was working on Special Projects that would bring a new product to the marketplace based on the results. 1000 people were involved in this study.
Pros
Fun people to work with.
Cons
No benefits at time.
Fast work place
Sr. Contract Negotiator (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 10, 2017
The contracts work group is face paced, with lots of work. Little chance of advancement past Sr Contract Analyst unless you transition into the Account Management.
Pros
Work from home, even office based
Cons
Not great work life balance
An excellent place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAApril 8, 2016
An excellent opportunity for perspective representatives seeking to gain insight and experience in the industry & for tenured pharmaceutical representatives to continue in the pharmaceutical industry as it has evolved
Pros
FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME & ENHANCING HUMAN HEALTH, TENURED PHARMACEUTICAL REPRESENTATIVES MAY CONTINUE IN THE PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRY AS IT HAS EVOLVED
Cons
(FOR ANYONE) CAN BE VERY UNSTABLE (FOR THE MORE TENURED) EXPECT LOWER BASES/BONUS POTENTIALS, SLIGHTLY FEWER BENEFITS AND LARGER TERRITORIES
Wonderful
Account Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJuly 5, 2016
Great compensation and wonderful working environment - I only left this company because of my commute. I still have friends there who will retire from the company
Good salary and benefits, not much vacation time
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 17, 2016
Good salary for contract pharmaceutical rep, 2 weeks vacation, fantastic district managers, upper management seem to be disconnected.
Pros
Salary, benefits, training, lower management
Cons
Vacation time, upper management, stability
My review summary is provided below. It is not favorable nor should it be. Worst place I've ever had the unfortunate "privilege" to work at.
Senior Discovery Scientist (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYFebruary 1, 2016
Horrible out of touch management. Benefits are substandard. Poor communication and lack of reward for hard work. No one within this corporation has any idea of scientific principles in bioanalytical or GLP for that matter. Poor employee retention. Serious disconnect between "managers" and the ones actually doing the work. NO communication between lower segments of the company and the mother company. Terrible IT/server connect. Almost like working in the government.
Pros
Ithaca was a nice location
Cons
Can't say enough
Dont bother.
Customer Service Representative 2 (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 22, 2016
Job security is a plus if you make it to permanent employee, but temps are hired and fired with reckless abandon.

Very little mobility in the company that isn't predetermined. Management is toxic and underhanded, with almost no transparency and a lot of "because I said so" reasoning that has no place in the work environment.

If one makes permanent employee, be prepared to have drastically increased responsibilities over time with little to no increase in pay as a result. Low starting pay, and doesn't even increase to stay competitive with inflation.
Q
Clinical project Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 15, 2016
Great people, management is not always aware of how processes, transition, and the clinical model and career pathway work
Pros
people, working from home, support
Cons
benefits, career growth
Very poorly managed technology organization
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 16, 2016
This company has no idea what it is doing with its money. They have purchased several smaller companies to be able to offer some new tool or service to customers, but in several cases those products are losing tons of money. They are trying to compete in the realm of SAAS, but they don't have the first clue about enterprise software development.

In my opinion, they should either get out of the SAAS business entirely and just profit from selling data, or they should fully commit to becoming an engineering-focused company by hiring a technical leadership team that is experienced with running a software company.
Pros
Unlimited vacation and sick leave
Great opportunity! Flexible Schedule.
Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJanuary 13, 2017
The hardest part of the job was achieving work life balance. However, if you are not a perfectionist, this will not be a problem for you. Overall, I loved the opportunity to work with patients and different HCP offices on a daily basis.
Healthy friendly culture
Nurse Educator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 20, 2016
A company with lots of opportunity to do different work projects, however it does not afford those opportunities to those lacking experience in specific jobs, therefore not a great place for growth.
Pros
Friendly management
Cons
Lack of growth opportunity to those lacking specific experience
multiple level of incompetent management
Developer (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 5, 2016
Too much of micromanagement leading to disaster, favoritism, unfair to talented employee whose view conflict with their self interest. Nice group of co-worker. benefits cost are high, no salary raises and below market compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QuintilesIMS. Our community is ready to answer.