QuintilesIMS Employee Reviews

Great work life and home blance
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 18, 2017
Great company to work for you have the option to work from home or go into the office. Everyday is a learning experience. My management team was amazing. They included me in everything.
Fast growing company, great benefits.
Senior Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Home based in Alexandria, VAJuly 17, 2017
Great company, but things changing so fast with not enough time given for training. Work is overwhelming and no work life balance. Love the people. To much travel.
Pros
Per diem travel reimbursemsnt
Cons
Too much to do in to little time.
Very interesting and throttling experiences within the workplace. This job always keeps you on your toes and you are always learning.
Palm Springs, Ca- Associate Sales (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJuly 5, 2017
A typical day at work is making sure that your trays and instruments are at the right hospital for any future surgery to take place. As well as knowing what cases are scheduled everyday and to be well informed analytically along with instrument sequences during procedures. You learn a lot about fractures, screw, plates and instruments. Very unstructured lifestyle because you are on call 24/7 so it is very unpredictable on what everyday work life is like.
Pros
good benefits and throttling work experiences
Cons
lifestyle is limited
steady place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJuly 3, 2017
successfully weathered the recession with steady employment but advancement opportunities are limited. big company with a lot of different business segments.
It's all about the people
Early Talent Recruiter, Global Talent Acquisition (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 29, 2017
I love all the people at QuintilesIMS that I work with. That is why I continue to go to work every day. They have some great flexibility and benefits.
Proactive Business Development Team
District Manager - Indiana/Michigan District (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 26, 2017
QuintilesIMS is actively looking to partner with biopharma and manufacturers to provide quality services and partnerships. I enjoyed my 3+ years at Quintiles so far. I've found the individuals who work her to be exceptionally talented. Although contract sales may have a negative rep in the pharma world, I find the folks that work at Quintiles to be of the strongest skill sets I've seen in pharma sales and management.
Face Paced
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 22, 2017
Relaxed environment. Learned new processes daily. Customer service driven. Reasonable distance to travel to and from work. Great benefits, majority of holidays off.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Office Morale
Good start but tough finish
Sr. Clinical Research Associate III (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJune 20, 2017
Learned a lot during my time at the company. I did not like their SWAT requirements and my FM started very nice but became difficult to work with and she finally left the company. Work/life balance was off, minimal down time.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Not a lot of support from manageent
Everyday overview
Customer Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 27, 2017
Great Company, very steady work weeks with very little micromanagement. As long as you are doing what you are asked to do there will be little to no problems. Great work staff and co-workers. Pay is not to bad for me.
Great company.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMay 25, 2017
Great company to work for. Fair and equitable compensation can be expected. Frequent, clarifying, and encouraging performance reviews are given. I would work here indefinitely.
No fun
Developer (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMay 23, 2017
This company wants to be a tech leader but cant let go of old habits. Business pressure delivers incomplete or wrong solutions, building upon decades technical debt. Individual experience depends upon your immediate manager. Some managers are good, know how to motivate , and provide opportunities for their people, but a bad manager makes it a living h - e - l - l.
Pros
People are nice
Cons
meetings meetings meetings processes, procedures, bureaucracy
cra
Sr. Clinical Research Associate-III (Former Employee) –  Md City, MDMay 21, 2017
management is great and benefits are amazing. Great health care benefits and employee work life balance. However the project team was unorganized and not very well set up.
Benefits
Cons
Project
Used to have an excellent work environment and management but cant find it much now
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 15, 2017
Kindly consider the talent and growth of employees by taking the feedback from the direct managers rather than the top management deciding for them.
Favor employees interests in career growth.
Quintiles used to have a good working environment and good management. But I don't see it much anymore, especially the IT departments. Avoid internal managerial politics.
Pros
Working environment. Flexibility for employees. Good work/life balance
Cons
Bad Management, Lot of Internal politics and favoring recommendations in hiring, Not favoring employee interests but pretends well, No good appreciation/recognition for work and less growth.
Job Surrounding
Clinical Trials Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMay 8, 2017
Quintiles is a hit/miss type job. You can make money working here if you're working a contract. It's very had to get on permanent and even if you know other employees and have worked there before, it's still difficult to work there permanent.
Pros
Good Pay on Contracts
Cons
Hard to get Permanent Position
Recent merger has drastically changed this company
Sr. Clinical Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 4, 2017
Typical workday includes:
-flexibility to work remotely
-ongoing projects
What you learned:
-since Quintiles has merged with IMS Health, there have been many changes- not all are positive
-frustration among colleagues, lack of communication, decrease feeling of stability
-the merger has changed the overall work culture
Hardest part of the job:
-Lack of training in my particular role (I had to figure everything out by myself with no support)
-Being able to connect with my colleagues, since in this role everyone works from home- there is not a lot of "team unity" which makes it difficult to complete projects especially with all of the changes (I have personally had two supervisor changes due to the merger in this current role)
-Being dependent on others in order to complete a project
Most enjoyable part of the job:
-the feeling when finally everyone is on the same page and I am able to complete a project
Consistent employer
Professional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 2, 2017
This company consistently does what it says and fully supports its employees. Always felt valued and that my manager listened and understood me. Great employer.
Okay
Project Manager / Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAApril 30, 2017
Not a bad place to work at!

Focus on the company and your individual experience while employed there
Provide details about why you liked or disliked working at the company
Ensure any facts you include in your review are true and accurate
All submitted reviews are subject to the terms set forth in our Terms of Service
very productive and casual workplace
Sr Specimen Management Associate, Biorepository (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 30, 2017
Q2 solutions is a very productive research lab that take pride in what they do and there employees. Management takes pride in their employees and try to be very mindful of their workers. I enjoyed working there because of the coworkers and how everyone was team players. There really wasn't nothing hard about the job
Pros
they look at their employees as family
Cons
somethings were unorganized
Great opportunity for broad pharma work but little reward for high-caliber talent
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2017
Overall great opportunity for pharma work but not much reward for good work. A lot of focus on market access projects which can get very repetitive and less strategic in nature.
Amazing Culture and a great place to work in.
Associate Manager, Risk Based Monitoring (Former Employee) –  Prestige Tech Park, MarathalliApril 19, 2017
I have been with this organization for over 8 years and there has not been a moment of regret. Absolutely love the culture and the work life balance is outstanding!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QuintilesIMS. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval