QuintilesIMS Employee Reviews

Great opportunity! Flexible Schedule.
Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJanuary 13, 2017
The hardest part of the job was achieving work life balance. However, if you are not a perfectionist, this will not be a problem for you. Overall, I loved the opportunity to work with patients and different HCP offices on a daily basis.
Fast work place
Sr. Contract Negotiator (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 10, 2017
The contracts work group is face paced, with lots of work. Little chance of advancement past Sr Contract Analyst unless you transition into the Account Management.
Pros
Work from home, even office based
Cons
Not great work life balance
Great place to work and learn data in the healthcare community.
Market Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJanuary 3, 2017
Learned many new skills and gained new knowledge regarding the pharmaceutical industry. Lots of fun people to work with and learn from.
QuintilesIMS
Senior Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJDecember 21, 2016
QuintilesIMS has been very good to me and my family. I have been constantly challenged and I am NEVER bored! My leadership values my opinion and has implemented ideas that have driven business success and also met the need of patients.
The most difficult part of the job is that we are on contracts and the contracts end after a certain period of time. Its difficult to work so hard on a project and then have it end after a set period of time.
The people make this role amazing! We encourage each other on our hard days and celebrate our successes. Its a wonderful company and I am enjoying my time with them.
Pros
The leadership, challenges, positive environment
Cons
Salary & starting vacation is less than market
Awesome experience
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJDecember 19, 2016
They gave me the opportunity to enter the pharmaceutical sales world. If not for the experience I gained at this company I would not have the career I have today.
Very poorly managed technology organization
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 16, 2016
This company has no idea what it is doing with its money. They have purchased several smaller companies to be able to offer some new tool or service to customers, but in several cases those products are losing tons of money. They are trying to compete in the realm of SAAS, but they don't have the first clue about enterprise software development.

In my opinion, they should either get out of the SAAS business entirely and just profit from selling data, or they should fully commit to becoming an engineering-focused company by hiring a technical leadership team that is experienced with running a software company.
Pros
Unlimited vacation and sick leave
Productive and fun to work at this place.
Project Lead/Report Architect (Former Employee) –  ExcellentDecember 15, 2016
Excellent and good organization to work. Supporting people and encourage in each level. Learned so many new things in the Org.
Pros
supporting people
Cons
nothing.
Quintiles
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 11, 2016
Good company. They align internal reviews with the goals of the client. The managers are pretty hands off as well. The company has good benefits as well.
Friendly and caring environment where the company genuinely cares about you
Vendor Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 6, 2016
My internship duties mainly involved correcting data in the new ERP system and supporting the Vendor Management global team. I learned how to use an enterprise resource planning system, gained new Excel skills and gained first-hand experience in working on a global team. Management was very down to Earth and we typically only used first names. Everyone was friendly and always willing to talk, there were multiple times that I had good conversations with strangers on the elevator. The hallways had good music playing all day, it ranged from the little river band to fifties classics. The most enjoyable part of the job were the little gifts for employees. Every quarter there was something special like free lunch, a make your own trail mix station or an ice cream social. You could walk in some mornings and find little gifts like a Quintiles poster for your desk or a rubik's cube with IT safety facts on it. It was nice knowing that the company thought about me and wanted to make me happy.
Pros
Good food in the cafeteria, friendly environment, good 401k
Great place to be employed
Data Entry Clerk (Temporary) (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WIDecember 2, 2016
Its like home, like a family you never want to leave. I am only a temporary associate who works on the Medicaid team. I am stationed at my own desk, with very little micro managing. Self starter and goal oriented, to get the job done.
Productive and fun environment
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westmont, ILNovember 28, 2016
Keeping up with tested slides and properly storing them. Organizing and keeping up with lab equipment was very important as well as carrying many medical files and placing them in alphabetical order. Great environment to work in, hardest part was carefully placing the slides in their storage area having to be extremely careful. Easiest job I would say keeping up with the records and maintaining the lab equipment and assisting others.
Great Company with an Amazing Culture
Medical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 24, 2016
Working at Quintiles was a great experience. They take care of their employees and help them further their careers by offering opportunities to grow and advancement.
great family life balance
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJNovember 7, 2016
They are slow to promote but very understanding with life events and giving a good balance of work to family life. Depending on your role you work at your own pace to produce results.
Operations (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 24, 2016
Pros: Work/life balance, benefits, vacation, and compensation.
Cons: High turn over rate within engineering department. Uncertainty with senior level management.
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
High turn over rate
Healthy friendly culture
Nurse Educator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 20, 2016
A company with lots of opportunity to do different work projects, however it does not afford those opportunities to those lacking experience in specific jobs, therefore not a great place for growth.
Pros
Friendly management
Cons
Lack of growth opportunity to those lacking specific experience
Productive great place to learn
Clinical Trial Assistant (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 18, 2016
Good company to work for. There are several opportunities to learn and grow. The staff is very knowledgeable and willing to help. There are many opportunities for your hard work to be recognized.
Quintiles is a great place to work.
IT Program Manager and SR Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCOctober 17, 2016
Very good company to work for. The employees work very well together in getting the projects done on time with a very hard working teaming atmosphere.
Pros
Flexible work from home program
An ok place to work
Lab Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 21, 2016
A typical work day was pretty med range as far as stress levels go and the work loads are not to bad. You go in, wait for a delivery truck to drop off your work load and then you began your work which takes about 2 1/2 - 4 hours and you are on your feet the whole time.
I learned better time management and to speak up if I had an ideal that may better the business. Nothing good to say about the Management team so I won't speak on it. Co-workers are like family. The hardest part of the job was trying to remember all of the protocols to are continently being changed every few weeks. Second half of the work day which was light and some of the positive people I worked with was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Long lunch breaks and Many PTO Hours
Cons
Advancement in the company is not so easy
good place to work
Account Service Representative (Client Services) (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PASeptember 7, 2016
technology. work flexible.(telecommute). Client visits. Vendor services.Great name in information industry, new tools and products.
largest vendor industry.
Pros
work flexible.(telecommute). Great name in information industry
Great people
Exec Asst to the Head, Strategic Proj Mgmt Office (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 7, 2016
The job I was hired for didn't have long to really take off. After a few weeks, my boss learned that his new boss was transferring the project we were working on, over seas and the whole team would need to look elsewhere for a position - either within Quintiles or outside of Quintiles.
Pros
People
Cons
Job ended after 90 days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QuintilesIMS. Our community is ready to answer.