QuintilesIMS Employee Reviews

Productive & Fun Workplace
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJSeptember 19, 2017
I love the fact that there is not a typical day. The medical professional that you interacted with were refreshing and challenging. The contracted positions I had with Quintiles help to prepare me for taking care of my Elderly parent because of the vast number of medical products and services I promoted.
Pros
Compensation, Benefits, Family Time
Cons
Your duration of employments varied with each client.
Team Lead
Project Lead (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2017
good to work with, great benefits. Supports H1 and greencard.

MAny acquisitions in the last few years, no proper structure. Products quality can improve
Great CRO to work for
Sr. Clinical Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 14, 2017
Promote work-life balance and career advancement; work place culture is great. Fast-paced environment. No day is the same and there was the opportunity to new challenges every day.
Pros
Onsite cafeteria
Cons
Training
Good , pay, and benefits horrible work life balance!
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 14, 2017
I have been employed at Quintiles for nearly 10 years and have seen the work environment get progressively worse. Sr. Management is not supportive at all and will ultimately do anything to add another nickel to the bottom line.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Work -life balance, high stress
Intense pace of work but friendly and fun
Contract Sr. Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 13, 2017
Complete understanding and support from study teams management (2 sponsors, 5 protocols) that support to meat important milestones simultaneously fast simultaneously regarding projects.
Benefits
Cons
quintiles is a good option for contract work but not long term employment
Cardiovascular and Metabolic sales representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 8, 2017
The company professes to value their employees but in reality its not about the employee it's about pleasing the contract company. Unfortunately they do not stand behind their employees and do not rehire or roll over into other contracts as promised.
Pros
hire great people who have alot to offer the company
Cons
management is only interested in pleasing the contract.
Constant change....
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 29, 2017
Constant change since going public. I had a great position and worked with a great team... until they did another one of their many layoffs. Almost the entire department was let go and replaced by employees in India, as well as work being outsourced. Those of us who were over 50, worked at the Q for 15+ years, and were paid decent salaries were the first to be let go. We were all replaced with cheaper labor. Bitter? You bet! You are just a number to this company.
Pros
Benefits; PTO; work/life balance
Cons
Constant layoffs and outsourcing; poor upper management
Very nice place to work
Strategic Operations Director (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 29, 2017
great company to work for. Very loyal to its employees. Work load can be stressful sometimes. Line Managers are great in helping if help is requested. Overall a great place to work and for career growth
Competitive sale environment
Business Development and Operations (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 28, 2017
Very fast paced work environment; very political; limited support and resources in the field. Base salaries are good; bonus is light but fair.
Brand recognition is among the best in the USA.
Pros
Excellent brand recognition
Cons
Political
Great Experience
Metabolic Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 27, 2017
Great place to start over after spending several years working in Big Pharma. It allowed me to sell something I believed in and make a difference without a constant change in products
Loved it
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 25, 2017
Quintiles was a great place to work. Lots of room for job advancement and opportunities to expand your career. Wonderful people that really cared about you and your career.
Pros
Competive and room for advancement
Great place too work
Process and Efficiency Analyst (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 21, 2017
Great place to work for a young individual in the Raleigh Durham area. You will have to have a good work ethic, and the ability to learn quickly to stay up to speed.
Several mergers and acquisitions in recent years
Sr. Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJAugust 17, 2017
Global company. Management is doing an admirable job of merging several companies and creating programs for exploring other opportunities within the organization. Company largely focuses on CSOs, CROs, and data. So, better opportunities for career growth if familiar with the core businesses.
Monotonous
Lead Clinical Trails Assistant / Co-monitor (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 9, 2017
Do you like to sit in a cubical all day? Do you enjoy doing the same mind numbing tasks over and over again? If you responded yes to these questions then a job at QuintilesIMS is for you!
the hardest part of being a CRA
Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 2, 2017
The hardest part of being a CRA is the traveling every week and working the 60-70 plus hours a week. If you love to work then this job is for you but it just isn't for me.
Pros
Airfare miles, hotel points, car rental points, etc.
Cons
Long hours, travel weekly
Good Place
Senior Sr QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 2, 2017
Very good place to work and work environment is very good. People are helpful and collabrative things. Manager are very good and give a time to settle down
Good entry into CRO
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteAugust 1, 2017
Quintiles is the world's largest CRO and i like it, but there is hardly room for upward mobility. you've really got to ask for what you want, and after 5 years there, they are not willing to make a position available to me, or provide an adequate raise. the Real World Late Phase dept is a revolving door for this reason. Very low compensation for the work I do, and considering Q is the largest... strange. otherwise company is good. reputable .
Pros
good atmosphere, can work from home, decent management
Cons
low salary, very hard to move up
Great Place to work
Specialty Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYC metro area, westchester countyJuly 31, 2017
Had an amazing manager and had a great team!! Small contract so it had the small pharma feel. Cons: I had a massive territory and Rhodes restructured 5 months after I started so I was downsized quickly. However they have been in contact about new opportunities on the horizon.
Dynamic CRO Company
Executive Assistant/Meeting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 28, 2017
Leadership and staff a pleasure to work with for twenty years. A lot of growth and learning opportunities. Salary and work life balance were always evident. A good cultural balance. Best position I ever held.
Excellent company, motivating environment, superior management
Sr. Clinical Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 27, 2017
While at Quintiles, I was always challenged to perform at my best. This company's management was consistently fair, honest, and just the best I have ever seen. If you complete your job responsibilities and are willing to move forward, the company will honor that.
Pros
Organized, great management
Cons
Lot of changes in industry

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QuintilesIMS. Our community is ready to answer.