QuintilesIMS Employee Reviews

Poor Training - Site Management, CTA
Clinical Trials Associate (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCMarch 22, 2017
The pay is not equivalent with industry standard. Turnover rate within Clinical Operations is tremendous and not due to promotions. Management in Clinical Operations come off as unfriendly and micro manage day to day activities. Only training is etraining.
Pros
Great location
Cons
Inadequate Training and compensation
Great Benefits
RN CLINICAL EDUCATOR (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMarch 22, 2017
Loved the job but we worked remotely as contractors so not much comradeship or chance for advancement. I did fall in love with being a Road Warrior! The Sales Executives were very nice and easy to work with for the most part.
Pros
Health insurance, Salary
Cons
Manager had favorites.
Growth by acquisition challenges
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMarch 16, 2017
A solid Data company transitioning to an Enterprise Solution company. Company will continue to lack corporate cohesiveness and an integrated solution offerings for some time. Selling big ideas - and struggling to deliver to the clients.

All of which is understandable, however it should not be done at the expense of their long-term clients.

Potential to be an outstanding company - but it will take a number of years before their a solid organization and solution provider.
QuintilesIMS Hardware Facility is a fun place to work for
Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAMarch 8, 2017
It's always a pleasure to go to work and find a place where you know everyone for more than 15 years. It's kinda of hard to find places like that now.
Pros
Fun, nearby and happy
Cons
Not enough growth
Flexible and Rewarding
Consultant/Call Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 7, 2017
Flexible scheduling, to coordinate remote call center. Outstanding technical support to ensure all employee to be the most productive, Supervisors and managers and employees all work as a team member.
Clean, employee oriented environment geared towards making work days enjoyable
Archive Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 27, 2017
A typical work day consisted of making sure that all Medical records were handled properly. Filing, recording and accounting for all documents were top priority.
I was able to move up quickly through the ladder due to my ability to easily adapt to any issues that arose daily. Learning to trust my ability to fix and rely on myself to get the job finished correctly gave me great confidence to be able to want to go further.
Management was very helpful in employee training and rewarding.
Workplace culture was very employee-orientated. Keep the employee happy and work production will be exceptional.
Hardest part was that there was no hard part.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that employee rewards for a job well done was acknowledged always. It felt like the company really always cared for each employee. In house teaching and updating on courses of learning was always available and highly recommended.
Pros
in house kitchens, employee rewards for work well done.
Cons
Nothing I can really say, just a good company to work for.
Relaxed Atmosphere with Helpful Managers
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hopewell, NJFebruary 22, 2017
My job was contract based, so I worked with a small group of people. Everyone was very helpful and friendly, the work was a lot of fun for me (I personally love analyzing data and using Excel), and they were very accommodating to working remotely when needed.
Pros
Friendly staff, nonstop Excel, evolving project so it never got boring
Cons
Contract job so once we finished the project I was unemployed
Company culture is good
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 21, 2017
I have worked on couple Quintiles contracts and they were good. The pay is decent and benefits o.k. You seem to be treated like an employee of the vendor.
Excellent company to assist pharmaceutucal industry to meet requirements to meet drug application requirements
Senior Director, Project Management (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCFebruary 16, 2017
Management assigned research project on a global basis to assure all requirement met by team.
Communication skills greatly enhanced.
Management accessible and motivating.
Culture promoted "can do" attitude.
As projects were global, it was challenging to be accessible during the times available from country to country.
Managing and interacting with team members from multiple countries
Work hard play hard
Regional Manager of Training/ Dermatology Sales (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJFebruary 11, 2017
I was able to gain great experience in fields with limited opportunities and had access to thought leaders. The environment is very supportive and hey provide opportunities to advance your career and provide very good compensation
Pros
management opportunity
Cons
contract
THe Best Place To Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 20, 2017
QuintilesIMS delivers integrated information and technology solutions to drive healthcare forward. Around the world healthcare stakeholders are working to improve real-world patient outcomes through treatment innovations, care provision ...
Great opportunity! Flexible Schedule.
Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJanuary 13, 2017
The hardest part of the job was achieving work life balance. However, if you are not a perfectionist, this will not be a problem for you. Overall, I loved the opportunity to work with patients and different HCP offices on a daily basis.
Fast work place
Sr. Contract Negotiator (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 10, 2017
The contracts work group is face paced, with lots of work. Little chance of advancement past Sr Contract Analyst unless you transition into the Account Management.
Pros
Work from home, even office based
Cons
Not great work life balance
Great place to work and learn data in the healthcare community.
Market Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJanuary 3, 2017
Learned many new skills and gained new knowledge regarding the pharmaceutical industry. Lots of fun people to work with and learn from.
QuintilesIMS
Senior Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJDecember 21, 2016
QuintilesIMS has been very good to me and my family. I have been constantly challenged and I am NEVER bored! My leadership values my opinion and has implemented ideas that have driven business success and also met the need of patients.
The most difficult part of the job is that we are on contracts and the contracts end after a certain period of time. Its difficult to work so hard on a project and then have it end after a set period of time.
The people make this role amazing! We encourage each other on our hard days and celebrate our successes. Its a wonderful company and I am enjoying my time with them.
Pros
The leadership, challenges, positive environment
Cons
Salary & starting vacation is less than market
Awesome experience
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJDecember 19, 2016
They gave me the opportunity to enter the pharmaceutical sales world. If not for the experience I gained at this company I would not have the career I have today.
Very poorly managed technology organization
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 16, 2016
This company has no idea what it is doing with its money. They have purchased several smaller companies to be able to offer some new tool or service to customers, but in several cases those products are losing tons of money. They are trying to compete in the realm of SAAS, but they don't have the first clue about enterprise software development.

In my opinion, they should either get out of the SAAS business entirely and just profit from selling data, or they should fully commit to becoming an engineering-focused company by hiring a technical leadership team that is experienced with running a software company.
Pros
Unlimited vacation and sick leave
Productive and fun to work at this place.
Project Lead/Report Architect (Former Employee) –  ExcellentDecember 15, 2016
Excellent and good organization to work. Supporting people and encourage in each level. Learned so many new things in the Org.
Pros
supporting people
Cons
nothing.
Quintiles
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 11, 2016
Good company. They align internal reviews with the goals of the client. The managers are pretty hands off as well. The company has good benefits as well.
Friendly and caring environment where the company genuinely cares about you
Vendor Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 6, 2016
My internship duties mainly involved correcting data in the new ERP system and supporting the Vendor Management global team. I learned how to use an enterprise resource planning system, gained new Excel skills and gained first-hand experience in working on a global team. Management was very down to Earth and we typically only used first names. Everyone was friendly and always willing to talk, there were multiple times that I had good conversations with strangers on the elevator. The hallways had good music playing all day, it ranged from the little river band to fifties classics. The most enjoyable part of the job were the little gifts for employees. Every quarter there was something special like free lunch, a make your own trail mix station or an ice cream social. You could walk in some mornings and find little gifts like a Quintiles poster for your desk or a rubik's cube with IT safety facts on it. It was nice knowing that the company thought about me and wanted to make me happy.
Pros
Good food in the cafeteria, friendly environment, good 401k

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QuintilesIMS. Our community is ready to answer.