QuintilesIMS Employee Reviews

okay workplace
Professional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMarch 31, 2017
Overall seems like management kinda doesn't know what is going on. Managers were micromanagers and didn't know what was really happening. Overall I loved my job including the day to day activities.
Sales
Professional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 30, 2017
They will place you in another position if there is one available. The contracts can end abruptly. Great start to get into pharma sales. I would recommend this path to others who want to get into pharam sales.
Pros
good company
Cons
Contract
Poor Training - Site Management, CTA
Clinical Trials Associate (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCMarch 22, 2017
The pay is not equivalent with industry standard. Turnover rate within Clinical Operations is tremendous and not due to promotions. Management in Clinical Operations come off as unfriendly and micro manage day to day activities. Only training is etraining.
Pros
Great location
Cons
Inadequate Training and compensation
Great Benefits
RN CLINICAL EDUCATOR (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMarch 22, 2017
Loved the job but we worked remotely as contractors so not much comradeship or chance for advancement. I did fall in love with being a Road Warrior! The Sales Executives were very nice and easy to work with for the most part.
Pros
Health insurance, Salary
Cons
Manager had favorites.
good learning job
Specialty Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAMarch 22, 2017
gain good experience, work in as a pro pharma rep, get good educational experiences. Learn from managers and interact with contractors. good benefits.
Pros
experiences
Cons
no stability
Growth by acquisition challenges
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMarch 16, 2017
A solid Data company transitioning to an Enterprise Solution company. Company will continue to lack corporate cohesiveness and an integrated solution offerings for some time. Selling big ideas - and struggling to deliver to the clients.

All of which is understandable, however it should not be done at the expense of their long-term clients.

Potential to be an outstanding company - but it will take a number of years before their a solid organization and solution provider.
QuintilesIMS Hardware Facility is a fun place to work for
Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAMarch 8, 2017
It's always a pleasure to go to work and find a place where you know everyone for more than 15 years. It's kinda of hard to find places like that now.
Pros
Fun, nearby and happy
Cons
Not enough growth
A productive positive and wonderful place to work
Cook/Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Overland Park KansasMarch 3, 2017
You work with a variety of people the people at this job location are very nice your coworkers are very helpful is plenty of all around the whole building
Clean, employee oriented environment geared towards making work days enjoyable
Archive Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 27, 2017
A typical work day consisted of making sure that all Medical records were handled properly. Filing, recording and accounting for all documents were top priority.
I was able to move up quickly through the ladder due to my ability to easily adapt to any issues that arose daily. Learning to trust my ability to fix and rely on myself to get the job finished correctly gave me great confidence to be able to want to go further.
Management was very helpful in employee training and rewarding.
Workplace culture was very employee-orientated. Keep the employee happy and work production will be exceptional.
Hardest part was that there was no hard part.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that employee rewards for a job well done was acknowledged always. It felt like the company really always cared for each employee. In house teaching and updating on courses of learning was always available and highly recommended.
Pros
in house kitchens, employee rewards for work well done.
Cons
Nothing I can really say, just a good company to work for.
Relaxed Atmosphere with Helpful Managers
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hopewell, NJFebruary 22, 2017
My job was contract based, so I worked with a small group of people. Everyone was very helpful and friendly, the work was a lot of fun for me (I personally love analyzing data and using Excel), and they were very accommodating to working remotely when needed.
Pros
Friendly staff, nonstop Excel, evolving project so it never got boring
Cons
Contract job so once we finished the project I was unemployed
Company culture is good
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 21, 2017
I have worked on couple Quintiles contracts and they were good. The pay is decent and benefits o.k. You seem to be treated like an employee of the vendor.
Excellent company to assist pharmaceutucal industry to meet requirements to meet drug application requirements
Senior Director, Project Management (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCFebruary 16, 2017
Management assigned research project on a global basis to assure all requirement met by team.
Communication skills greatly enhanced.
Management accessible and motivating.
Culture promoted "can do" attitude.
As projects were global, it was challenging to be accessible during the times available from country to country.
Managing and interacting with team members from multiple countries
Overall Great company to work for.
Client Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 16, 2017
Balance work and home life. Able to move around in the company. Has great management. Training available for all jobs and training available if you are looking to move up
Pros
balance work and home life
Work hard play hard
Regional Manager of Training/ Dermatology Sales (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJFebruary 11, 2017
I was able to gain great experience in fields with limited opportunities and had access to thought leaders. The environment is very supportive and hey provide opportunities to advance your career and provide very good compensation
Pros
management opportunity
Cons
contract
Not what it once was
Worker (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJanuary 25, 2017
Post merger with IMS the culture has changed dramatically. All focus on data and metrics, reduced benefits and very little focus on people
Pros
Pockets of positive culture still left
Cons
Comp and benefits not competitive with pharma
A lot of experience gained.
Senior Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 24, 2017
A typical day at work involved responding to a lot of emails and putting out fires. In many ways, Quintiles is your typical corporate job, where there are multiple departments that are supposed to form a cohesive unit to produce a polished product for our customers. With the line of business that Quintiles is in, I have learned a lot by working closely with multiple departments in order to complete my tasks. I have gained valuable experience as a Quintiles employee and I am certain that the lessons that I have learned will be beneficial to me throughout my career.
THe Best Place To Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 20, 2017
QuintilesIMS delivers integrated information and technology solutions to drive healthcare forward. Around the world healthcare stakeholders are working to improve real-world patient outcomes through treatment innovations, care provision ...
N/a
East Texas - Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 19, 2017
I am a very motivated professional, a dynamic go-getter, responsible, people-oriented, and possess good analytical and organizational skills. I have an ability to deal flexibly with different personalities. I am seeking to develop a long-term working relationship with a solid, stable company that will give me the opportunity to render exceptional service to its clients as well as allow me to perform at my maximum potential. I will work earnestly to make you proud of my performance.
Great opportunity! Flexible Schedule.
Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJanuary 13, 2017
The hardest part of the job was achieving work life balance. However, if you are not a perfectionist, this will not be a problem for you. Overall, I loved the opportunity to work with patients and different HCP offices on a daily basis.
Fast work place
Sr. Contract Negotiator (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 10, 2017
The contracts work group is face paced, with lots of work. Little chance of advancement past Sr Contract Analyst unless you transition into the Account Management.
Pros
Work from home, even office based
Cons
Not great work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QuintilesIMS. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval