QuintilesIMS Employee Reviews

Results-Driven and Focused
Site Management Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 20, 2016
very engaging company with great work/life balance. Company strives to provide a healthier world. Focused, results driven and thrives on leaving a strong global footprint
Pros
work-life balance
Cons
heavy workloads
Great in the beginning; lousy at end
Senor Clinical Trials Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 22, 2014
Great environment when started; benefits okay, pay wasn't competitive. No opportunity for advancement and management unresponsive. Over worked and line manager knew it. Would not provide help. Could not wait to get out.
Pros
Individual project teams I worked with
Cons
Management unresponsive and no career advancement
this was a good company to work for
Clinical Data Assistant (Contract Employee) (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 11, 2016
what I did at this company was data entry. I data entry all of there clinical study data in the system. I learn how to work serval study at one time.
Good company, growth issues, but those are good issues to have
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 3, 2016
Good company, compensation is fair. Not all processes are determined so there is flexibility to get things done. Occasionally, lack of process can cause confusion between internal clients.
Pros
Growing company
Cons
Lack of process can occasionally lead to confusion between internal organizations
Knowledgeable Management and Professional Environment.
Clinical Nurse Educator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 25, 2014
The hardest part of this Job was the extensive training and testing for the first three months. The most enjoyable part was to travel all over the US to different Hospital Sites to train and learn the product. Management was very knowledgeable and fair. Teamwork was strongly encouraged. The most important learning curve was to adapt to the extensive amount of Administrative duties involved in this position.
Pros
Benefits of being with a Nationally ranked company, tremendous exposure to the industry. Autonomy.
Cons
Extensive Overninght Travel 90-95%
Efficient company with a healthy culture
Senior Clinical Trials Assistant (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 26, 2012
Quintiles promotes a very healthy environment for its employees. They have great benefits and encourage a work/life balance. We have flex hours and I am able to work from home. Also, my position is stable and I feel that my manager is concerned with my career growth. The most enjoyable part of the job is diving into my research projects.
Good company depending on department
HR Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJuly 23, 2012
Overall Quintiles is a great company and it feels good knowing you are doing ethical work worth doing. However, day to day and job satisfaction are very much dependent upon the department. There is little opportunity for decision making outside of senior leadership.
Pros
comfortable place to work with coffee, tea, milk, bagels. opportunity to build a lot of relationships and good experience.
Cons
growth limited to certain departments and roles, a lot of politics (like most organizations), constant increase of responsibilities with little, if any, recognition or promotions
my review
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 25, 2016
A typical day at work starts at 7:30 am and it is full of energy from then until 3:30pm... Granted there aren't any fires to put out (some literal and some not) my day is pretty busy... I also maintain budgets for 15 - 20 purchase orders. These purchase orders are for various vendors that we come into contact/contract with on a daily basis. I walk a 201k square foot building holding 600-650 employees... I also work closely with the security team daily.

The best part of this position is that I get to interact with my co-workers/customers internal and external on a daily basis... The hardest part of the job is when there is a situation that creates downtown in a particular department.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Project Services Department
Set-Up Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 24, 2013
Great place to work. Friendly staff. Will train you to work on their software. Full restaurant.Gym in building. Free coffee, tea and hot chocolate all day in break room with refrigerator to store lunch. one hour lunch. Lots of other benefits. Free or discounted weight watches membership. Whenever they have fire and safety drills and we had to go outside they provide free ice cream bar and cold drinks while we weight.

Be prepare to sit for long hours. Lots of deadlines. They have some of the biggest pharmaceutical companies on their client list. They have numerous clients as well. Lots of paper and database work.
A Great Place to Work
QA Auditor, Investigator Review (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 17, 2016
I was employed by Quintles twice and enjoyed a 25 year career here! I was silly enough to leave for another company for 18 months, but smart enough to return!
Field Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 23, 2015
Great positive work environnment with a benefits package that is top knotch. They are all about creating a positve work culture and performance driven.
benefits
Cons
Quintiles is hard to review
Contract Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 26, 2015
Quintiles is hard to review because they have so many contracts with so many different companies. Your best bet is to look into the company you'll be contracted with.
Pros
good management, website easy to use, HR and payroll is good
Cons
low base salary for some contracts
Professional staff, good work life balance
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 3, 2016
Fantastic global company that a allows flexibility to employees. Co workers are great to work with, benefits are substantial, non stressful environment.
Great Benefits, poor management.
Risk Specialist  (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 1, 2013
Was hired for new position.
Manager had vague idea of what my position would entail.
When given assignements, they were not clear and manager failed to fully explain what she wanted done.
Actually repremanded for doing too much due to lack of communication.
Told things moved fast with company but not provided with proper expectations.
Pros
Benefits are very good
Cons
Management can't vocus on what they want done, They were moving too fast and overlooking the obvious.
Great job to gain pharma experience
Client Service Analyst, Sales Force Effectiveness (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJOctober 8, 2013
Great job for work/life balance, management is great and very understanding. Compensation won't compare to other jobs in pharma field but that is the trade off when you have a better work life balance.
Outbound Call Center
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 9, 2015
My past job was a laid back office environment as long as quotas and goals were met by the individual. Management was split as this was a long-term temp position. I greatly enjoyed the interaction that I had with my fellow co-workers but also knew that there was some sense of urgency to get my work done to meet my deadlines. I worked closely with my on site manager to complete many different projects.
Pros
Management and fellow co-workers
Cons
Company was aquired and branch was closed
Great Company
Reconciliation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAMay 25, 2016
Enjoyed the work I did as an analyst. Team was awesome to work with. Good job for independent work load and responsibilities.
Pros
Teams
Cons
Short breaks
View employees as independent professionals
Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, CODecember 15, 2014
Free to operate business without tight micro-management but hold employees accountable for performance. Offer nice compensation packages and keep employees feeling connected as part of a team. Company helps employees feel that we are making a difference bringing better healthcare opportunities to physicians and their patients.
Pros
Friendly and Respectful to Employees
Cons
Very short-term employment opportunity
Good working enviorment
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAFebruary 17, 2016
It was a good way for me to learn Master Data Management Systems. It was also a good way for me to develop from a technical stand point.
Very stable Company with excellent benefits.
Executive Assistant & Meeting Planner (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCFebruary 8, 2015
Very experienced Executive Assistant with dynamic organizational skills and energy. I have a tremendous ability to maintain poise and confidence in working with high level staff and meetings. I enjoy the everyday challenges of making successful meetings happen for our management teams.
Pros
Working with high level Executives.
Cons
Long hours and little flexibility.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QuintilesIMS. Our community is ready to answer.