Quixey "The Search Engine for Apps" just secured $50 million in funding Led by Alibaba Group; we’re well funded, backed by world-class investors and are on track to power a billion queries per month. Our team is led by our innovative CEO, Tomer Kagan, who was named to Forbes list " 30 (CEO's) under 30: Technology".
Android Technical Lead – Mountain View, CA - Quixey
Are you an experienced Android Developer who is ready to be part of the next generation of Mobile Apps and Search? Then we want to talk with you!
We are looking to hire an Android Developer Technical Lead who can work on key products for Quixey and help built out our company. You will work on leading edge technology, solve challenging engineering problems and have a voice in the development of next generation mobile apps and search. This engineering role is the perfect opportunity to grow, develop, and enhance your career, at a fast paced and growing pre-IPO company.
As the Android Developer, you should have:
- Solid programming skills beyond Java
- Focus on user experience and usability
- BSCS or MSCS
- Minimum of 5+ years solid experience in Software Development with strong Java or C++ background
- Launched one or more mobile apps into the Google Play or iTunes App Store
- Familiarity with Android Automation and Unit Testing Frameworks
- Ability to lead and mentor Developers, scope Development work, be able to assess technical and architectural challenges
- Mobile device specific knowledge such as memory management, performance turning and resource optimizations
- 1-2 years of Android Development experience specifically building mobile and internationalized apps
- Solid experience working with Android SDK
Other particularly valuable skills include:
- Comfortable operating within modern Software Development Lifecycle, experience with Agile and Scrum methodologies a plus
- Proficiency in Object Oriented Design and development
*Previous work in a Search Engine company a plus
In Engineering, we practice Agile/Scrum methodology and most of our code stack is built with Java and Python. Our infrastructure is based on AWS and our stack includes open source software such as Linux, nginx, Hadoop, SQL-lite and Kafka.
We do everything we can to help you do your best work:
- Top of the line hardware and systems for both Engineering and Business Teams
- Three healthy catered meals a day, including Vegetarian and Kosher meals
- Fridges stocked with high-quality food and drinks
- Onsite Yoga, Meditation and Personal Trainers
- Company paid Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits for Employees and eligible dependents
- A fun, creative and inspiring work environment
TO APPLY: http://hire.jobvite.com/CompanyJobs/Careers.aspx?k=Job&c=qwb9Vfwv&j=oRwQXfwU
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Please Note: Principals only please. Agency resumes are not accepted unless assigned by the Director People Operations and Talent Acquisition at Quixey and will be considered unsolicited resumes that are not subject to placement fees.