Quixey is The Search Engine for Apps. Imagine a world where you can find the perfect app that does exactly what you want, when you want it – we’re building that world. Quixey’s proprietary Functional SearchTM is intuitive; users describe what they want to do, and Quixey finds apps that do it. Quixey powers app search for major manufacturers, carriers, search engines and web-sites across the globe. We’re well funded, backed by world-class investors and are on track to power a billion queries per month. We’re looking for passionate people who can make big things happen and have fun doing it. If you are that person, then we want to meet you!
As a key member of our highly passionate and keenly smart Engineering Team, we are looking for a result oriented and hands-on Senior Back-end Software Engineer, Ads. In this new and exciting role as a member of the Quixey Ads Team, you will work across various internal teams at Quixey to develop the next generation of Quixey’s platform, services and user-interfaces that will power Quixey’s ad revenue growth. As a member of the Ads team, you will build and scale our Ads platform including serving, targeting, optimization, demand-side and supply-side services, integration with 3rd party ad networks and more to ensure high-quality targeting for multi-language queries from all over the world.
In Engineering, we practice Agile/Scrum methodology and most of our code stack is built with Java and Python. Our infrastructure is based on AWS and our stack includes open source software such as Linux, nginx, Hadoop, SQL-lite and Kafka.
As part of the Quixey Team, you will have the perfect opportunity to grow, develop and enhance your career as we continue to build a great company. We are looking for all levels of Engineers Senior to Architect.
As the Software Engineer, Ads Platform, you will:
- Understand business requirements as described by your Product Team counterpart(s)
- Design and implement core back-end software components that meet customer needs using a combination of 3rd party, open source, and internally developed components for areas such as:
- Ad serving
- Integration with ad networks
- Ad Targeting
- Bid Optimization
- Campaign Management
- Supply-side and Demand-side tools
- Participate in peer design and code reviews, interviewing for new team members, and other activities to ensure Quixey engineering is world-class
As the Software Engineer, Ads Platform, you should have:
- BS/MS in Computer Science
- 7+ years of experience in building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed commercial software systems
- Comfortable operating within modern Software Development Lifecycle, experience with scrum and agile methodologies a plus
- Proficiency in object oriented design and development
- Web UI experience is a plus
- Familiarity with advertising business is highly desirable; prior experience building advertising systems is ideal
- Thrives in a high-productivity, customer-oriented environment
- Agility to contribute to multiple projects / demands simultaneously
- Ability to understand business problems and apply creative solutions and remedies.
- The ability to learn new concepts, ideas and technology quickly and be a strong team player
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- A detail-orientation with strong documentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and with ability to lead and manage technical meetings, design sessions etc.
We do everything we can to help you do your best work:
- Three healthy catered meals a day, including vegetarian and Kosher meals
- The best equipment, e.g. MacBook Air and Thunderbolt display
- Fridges stocked with high-quality food and drinks
- Paid gym membership
- 100% paid high-end medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and life insurance
- Company sponsored internal hackathons during normal business hours
To Apply please go to URL: http://hire.jobvite.com/CompanyJobs/Careers.aspx?k=Job&c=qwb9Vfwv&j=oi3hXfwj
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Please Note: Principals only please. Agency resumes are not accepted unless assigned by the Director Talent Acquisition at Quixey and will be considered unsolicited resumes that are not subject to placement fees.
Keywords: Mobile, Android, Java, Apps, IOS