Quiznos Employee Reviews in United States

A good first job
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAApril 1, 2016
I loved working here. The atmosphere was just so friendly, everyone was respectful to each other, they all did there part to make the business run smoothly. It was flexible hours and they worked with you if you needed certain days off. It is a good job to have if you are still in college.
Pros
Discount, great environment
Cons
no benefits, minimum wage, not a lot of hours.
Good place to work, its a friendly community to serve.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lenexs, KSFebruary 9, 2016
Good work environment, every team member contributed to the success of the store. Good quality products were served to customers in good time.
Pros
Discounts for lunch purchases, flexible work time table
Cons
No retirement, health care benefits
This restaurant has been closed since I worked there
Server / Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Low Moor, VAJanuary 12, 2016
It was a nice job. I prepared and cooked the food, along with serving it to the customers. I also opened and closed the store, along with daily jobs such as paperwork, the cash register, etc.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No benefits. The pay was also not great
Leadership was very polite and helpfull
Food Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILDecember 11, 2015
Not enough pay, lack of raises, lot of work for little pay. You rarely saw the owner and when you did he was not a very serious person, too much playing around and flirting with the staff.
Pros
I was happy to have a job
Cons
Not enough pay, lack of raises, lot of work for little pay
Fun Enviroment and free lunch
LINE COOK, SERVER (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKMay 23, 2016
I loved my job at Quiznos, it was a fun work enviroment and the regular customers were very nice. My average day consisted of prepping meats and vegetables for that day and the next, making sandwiches for customers as they go to give them the perfect sandwich for their needs. talking to many customers as they came through to make them feel more safe and relaxed at our business. the hardest part of my job would be the big families that came in and couldn't decide exactly want they wanted and changed their orders on spot but I started to get used to it and it became easier and easier and the most enjoyable part of my work day would be the conversation with our regulars talking about things such as sports day to day events and current events.
Pros
Free and delicous lunchs and a fun work enviorment
Cons
almost no substancal benifets
Calm and peaceful workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, ILJuly 15, 2016
Managed register. Cashed out customers who were dining in or out, Offered the best meal plan for them. Prepared the sandwiches at customers liking. Mostly managed food prep. Made sure everything was cut up, prepared and stocked up. Got rid of what ever was over their due date and prepared new ones. Management here was helpful as well and very calm when it came to my training. Always made sure I was doing my job correctly. The hardest part was when someone was out throwing away garbage or in the freezer and couldn't hear me call out to them when a customer had a question I had no answer to.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no cons here
Interesting and unusual workplace with fun people!
Sandwich Artist and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Riverhead, NYMarch 29, 2016
An overall enjoyable experience as a job. My boss happened to get along with my co-workers and I very well, considering how different we were as people. Like any other job, the mid-day rush was stressful but the rest of the day was rather lax until closing time. They were never short with me and always willing to work together and answer questions. The only issue I had was some of the customers, but even at that I felt I was part of something rather bigger than me, and when my morale dropped I could always rely on a co-worker to cheer me back up, which you never see anymore. I've seen some terribly run Quiznos in my day, this was the only one I'd ever bother to eat at, let alone work.
Very productive and fun workplace
Sandwich maker (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLJuly 27, 2015
I personally Loved to work at Quizno's. The work crew was always awesome. The manager there worked in a orderly fashion and treated and trained the guests(new founded Quizno Store Owners) with great respect, we all did. The hardest part of the job was walking away from it, most enjoyable part was everyone behind and in front of the counter.
Pros
Being able to use and maintain the experience of a meat slicer
Cons
Great benifits, short breaks throughout the shift
Flexible hours but low compensation
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 13, 2015
Was a fun place to work. The food was great and easy to make. People were nice and fun to work with. The hours were flexible.
Pros
Free lunch, Flexible
Cons
No benefits. low pay
fun work place with a lot of things to keep you busy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXFebruary 22, 2016
Quiznos is a job that allows you to explore all the menu options that are offered, and the drive to make sure that everything is in perfect working condition each and every day of your shift. Everything from making sure the ovens and heaters work, to refilling any low products that need attention.

Making sure the customer is greeted at the door, gets whatever menu item that seems reasonable to them, and either leaving happy or dining is, is the only that that really matters. The job itself presents a opportunity to not only test the culinary field, but also allows the chance to help people and make others happy each day.
Pros
half off on food, and energetic and fun coworkers.
Cons
rude customers, having a boss that didn't care if he got customer complaints or not.
Bad boss but easy work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TX 75081March 10, 2016
The boss sucks. He tends to say some really offensive and controversial thing offhandedly. It's best to just ignore him and work. But the job itself isn't bad. There's not much to do most of the time, and the pay is low, but it's pretty easy to just sit back and collect a check with minimal work (not that that's a good thing). There's a pretty short turn-over rate, so I can't say much about the employees specifically, but he tends to employ 16-20 year olds with little experience.
It was a great starting job to learn customer service
Cashier/food handler (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJuly 15, 2016
This was somewhere I learned all about customer service. I would arrive at work, excited to see my employers and start my shift. After I clock in, I immediately began making sandwiches for customers who kept walking threw the door. Ended my night with food prepping for the next day.
Pros
Loved my co-workers and a free sandwhich during my shift
Cons
Not too much training, learned as i went
Unsatisfied workplace.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Holladay, UTJuly 2, 2016
A typical day at Quiznos Sub was being thrown onto the line without any training. I learned that my employer expected way too much out of the employees. Management was completely improper. My coworker was my roommate. The hardest part of my job was messing up at every turn. There was nothing enjoyable about working at Quiznos Sub!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Ok Place
Sanwhich maker (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIFebruary 2, 2016
The manager suddenly closed the store, without notice. He often would give out bad paychecks. The checks would be returned for insufficient funds. He was hardly at the store and left managerial duties to the hourly workers without a way to contact him when emergencies would arise. The food was kept up to code by the workers, though, as was the dishes washed, store cleaned, and the supplies kept up with in stock. I took great pride in this position, and learned a lot about how to maintain a store, basically without managerial influence.
Pros
Learned to work independently, Great tasting food.
Cons
Poor manager
Steady paced job and lots of customer interaction.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  South Burlington, VTJuly 19, 2016
My typical day was spent as the cashier of the site, receiving and dispensing cash for customer transactions. I occasionally prepared the order for our customer. My team here was great, we always had an understanding of what needed to be done, to get through the business day.
Pros
Great team work.
Cons
Unpaid.
Very easy
Cashier/Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 27, 2016
I would deal with customers on a daily basis, slicing meat and cheese fresh to use on sandwiches. The store manager was a good guy, however the owner was not very in touch with his employees, some of the co workers were tolerable once they got the hang of things but it's like a lot of fast food jobs
Pros
discounts on lunches
Cons
no advancement
Not a bad place to work
Line Server/Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXAugust 3, 2015
It's fast paced, but the money you can make is well worth it. Fertita offers many benefits for working for his companies. You can advance fairly easy if you do the job right.
Pros
50% off at Fertita establishments
Cons
Crazy hours/days
Working at Quiznos
Team Member (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAFebruary 1, 2015
A typical day at work included going to work after school, cleaning and taking care of customers until the store was closed and made sure everything was ready for the next day. Quiznos was my first job and taught me a lot including people skills, better communication skills and more responsibility. Management wasn't the best, in my opinion the owner wasn't always fair and reasonable at times. My co-workers were great and am still friends with them even though I left. The hardest part of the job was managing school and work and the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and getting work experience.
Pros
experience
Cons
no benefits, no breaks, no free food
Clean and friendly restaurant
Co-owner/Manager (Former Employee) –  Parkland, FLOctober 13, 2015
I owned two Quiznos' Subs restaurants. I ran the two of then with the same passion and dedication because I consider my strong capacity is the customer service and keep all my clients and co-workers happy... if they are happy I'm happy and motivated. Basically my review is the same as United Golfers LLC because they were my two restaurants and I had to treat them exactly the same, keeping a nice, organized and clean restaurant, serving good subs and giving very good customer service. I never stopped working in a restaurant because always there is something to do, to control, to supervise, etc. etc.
Pros
By one Sub get one free
Cons
Long Hours
Positive learning experience and enjoyable work enviornment
Shift Lead/ Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Tehachapi, CAApril 27, 2015
Learned customer service skills, job-related responsibilities, and gained management experience. Created connections with customers and employees generating a positive work environment.
Pros
flexible around school schedule
Cons
No benefits, raises, reviews, or advancement opportunities.

2.9