QVC, Inc.

QVC, Inc. Employer Reviews

Productive and a diversified culture.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 21, 2014
Cons: short breaks, 30 min lunches.
Productive workplace with a diversity culture. Inbound calls begin at 3:30PM. Shift ends at 12:00 Midnight.... 30 min lunch. 15 min. breaks. No social activities...the enjoyable part of the job is resolving problems for our customers.
Fun place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: great incentives.
Cons: not enough training.
The staff are wonderful and helpful. The staff is very patient and caring toward the customers.
It was nice in 2005, 06 & 07, after that....no so much!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Port Saint Lucie, FLJuly 12, 2014
A typical day was listening to people complain and trying to settle it and make them happy. I learned that I never want to work in another call center again. My supervisor was a great guy, I never really had one that was bad, above them......again, not so much. Some were on a power hungry trip that was kind of interesting to watch whom was going to – more... get something over on whom. The down side of the entire job was that the customer was always right. The customer could lie, fib, cheat, whatever and the rep was still in trouble. Something QVC doesn't tell it's employees.....THEY RECORD ALL THE PHONE CALLS IN WEST CHESTER. How do I know this? One of the IT guys told me this and he got laid off 4 weeks after I said something to the higher ups about listening to the phone calls before writing up the employees. The good thing about the job was the benefits, their medical insurance was fantastic. Although, you did have to have mandatory testing or you paid more. Also, the pay isn't that great. You would work for 5-6 years and the new hires would be making $1.00 less than you, that wasn't very nice. It's privately owned so all the money goes to about 7 guys who own it. I used to say that I hated working to pay for their Porsches. – less
productive and a great place to work
Security Coordinator (Current Employee), Rocky Mount, NCJune 25, 2014
I love working with qvc I love the staff and the culture everyone is helpful.
Great Seasonal Job
Order Entry/ Call Center (Former Employee), Chesapeake,VAJune 25, 2014
Awesome place to work all the way around... I hope they'll be hiring for the Christmas season again this year.
It was Ok
Equipment Specialist (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCJune 3, 2014
i did enjoy the Job but the security of the job was a little shaky!
PACKING/UNPACKING MERCHANDISE,LOADING
SHIPPING DEPARTMENT (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAJune 3, 2014
Pros: lifting stuff
Cons: dust
HARDEST PART OF JOB-STANDING IN ONE SPOT FOR 10 HOURS
ENJOYABLE PART OF JOB-STAYING BUSY
Fun place to work
Order Entry Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 2, 2014
Pros: scheduleing, discount store, nice work enviorment
Cons: prank calls. ridiculos people callers
I was hired as a seasonal position for the holidays. I met some really nice people who made the time go by when it was slow. I had a supervisor who told me in one of my call reviews that I needed to speed through the calls which I did, then I had my Leader/Supervisor tell me I needed to take my time and make a connection with the caller and to not go – more... through the call quick. So when it was the end of the season they told me they wouldn't keep me past the end of the season do to my call times were to long. I didn't bring this to their attention just because I didn't want to seem I was making excuses, but I was really disappointed with the situation because I really liked it there. I worked overnight and there is a differential pay when you work overnight. The hardest part of the job was getting caught in a conversations with older people who seemed like they call just to talk to someone. – less
most of the employees were awesome
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAMay 21, 2014
Cons: hr
The HR team was horrible... I was sexually harassed/ assaulted and they made it sound like I did something wrong, when I did not do anything wrong at all. This is the 2nd time the lancaster warehouse has had this happen. Of course both times the employee who did wrong kept their job and the female ended up quitting. The HR team was lied to numerous – more... times by the male who did wrong to me and they STILL took his side!! Everyone is the warehouse was disgusted by the whole situation and felt bad for me, because AGAIN i didnt do anything wrong at all. I just did my job. So I DO NOT recommend QVC to anyone. Especially if you was a female. – less
Wonderful culture
Financial Operations Manager (Current Employee), Port Saint Lucie, FLMay 21, 2014
Pros: work life balance
Cons: reduction in phone order volume
QVC has a wonderful culture. Change to operations is embraced by all levels of managment.
Fun and great place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 15, 2014
Pros: learned quite a bit about call center management
Cons: not enough room for promotion
I worked for QVC for 14 years and learned quite a bit about call center management and staffing.
Great place to work.
Order Entry Representative (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAMay 12, 2014
Pros: freedom in scheduling
Cons: short breaks
The work at QVC is redundant; however, the culture there is great. The training is paid, there are family oriented activities. QVC is overall a great place to work.
Excellent
Studio Coordinator (Current Employee), West Chester, PAMay 11, 2014
Making sure the daily programming at QVC goes as planned. Make sure the host has the products and information necessary to effectively execute the show.
Best Job Ever
Packing and Shipping (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCMay 7, 2014
Pros: freedom to work at my own pace as long as i got it done
Cons: no cons
I loved working for storelink.I had no one to answer too and long as I did my job.My DM's would show up once a month if even that to check on everything.I felt like part of the family working in these stores.Once a year we would have a meeting in Ga to learn about new products.
Seasonal assignment for call center
Order service Representative/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Port Saint Lucie, FLMay 3, 2014
Pros: 4 day work week
Cons: 3rd shift
A typical incomming call center. Responsibilities included processing incomming sales calls. Workd 3rd Shift/ 4 dy aweek. Extensive customer service,
QVC stressed having fun along the way
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee), West Chester, PAMay 1, 2014
A typical work day included a wide variety of tasks. Coaching employees to meet and exceed standards. Collaborating with both peers and superiors to increase productivity. Finding ways to make the work fun. Hardest part of the job was expecting perfection, and the most enjoyable part was knowing at the end of the day, we accomplished our goals.
Fun work
Order Entry Representative (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAApril 29, 2014
At Qvc you answer calls from customers calling in who are watching the QVC programming. You speak with many different people which keeps it fun. The people that work there are nice and friendly and make you feel welcome. The hardest part is that you have to watch the time you are on each call.
VERY GOOD WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAApril 27, 2014
THIS WAS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK. MANY EVENTS ON A MONTHLY BASIS. GREAT HOURS.
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee), Florence, SCApril 24, 2014
At QVC we had to package orders that customers ordered online. I learned how the QVC company worked as a whole. I really enjoyed working with this company and I think working here made me a better and harder working employee. The hardest part of the job was standing all day. But I did what was required of me as a QVC employee. The most enjoyable part – more... of the job other employees and management. Management was great – less
good place to work
Distribution (Former Employee), Florence, SCApril 22, 2014
Pros: schedules
Cons: long hours
A good company to work for with good benefits. Not a place for retirement but a good place to work. Some good co-workers and some god management, but it could use some advancements.

About QVC, Inc.

The phones are ringing off the hook at television home shopping company QVC. QVC (its name stands for "quality, value, and convenience") – Read more