QVC

QVC Employer Reviews

Productive work place with good health care and great hours.
Polly Bag Machine Operator (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: 4 ten hrs. days, all day work
Cons: didn't give raises out that often
Enjoyed it was 4 ten hrs. days. Very good health care, all day work. Learned so much about on line sales. Picking and putting away the right products, ran a polly bagger machine for bout 5 years. Polly bag machine was a belt that when you put the product on the belt it would put the right pack slip and address and would bag the product according to the size of the product. My co-workers were great we all had to work as a team. The hardest part of the job was when machine wasn't working right and took time to fix. I'm the kind of worker who likes to be productive.
Fast paced, innovative, challenging environment
Manager (Current Employee), West Chester, PAFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: great health benefits, rewards for healthy living, open to ideas
Cons: promotion path seems slower, identifying stretch assignments in other areas
QVC is the perfect place for those who thrive on opportunities to think creatively and drive changes. It is a fast paced environment that requires independence and the ability to collaborate.
Great company
Talent Coordinator (Current Employee), West Chester, PAFebruary 17, 2015
The company is great, the benefits are great. However the pay does not match the level of reasonability you in certain positions.
Productive environment
Distribution Processor (Former Employee), Florence, South CarolinaFebruary 15, 2015
Starting out getting plenty of hours then slowly diminished. It was nice to get off early sometimes once all the work was finished and work areas were clean.
Excellent place to work!
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 14, 2015
Productive and fun work place with great people!
Fast paced customer service call center environment with great Management.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 10, 2015
Can be fun at times but representatives get appreciation. Stayed busy the co-workers were great very friendly. I enjoyed speaking to different people around the world solving their problems and making their day a lot better than it was before.
Exciting Place to Work
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Florence, SCFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: discount lunch
Cons: short breaks
QVC was a exciting but serious place to work. Everyday is a challenge and you are introduce to new things on a regular basis. I enjoy my experience working at QVC.
Great work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: benefits are great
Cons: schedules change annually
I love how challenging my job is. I have the opportunity to speak with new people everyday and help others. I say that the job is challenging because every call is a new situation. But I like being able to work through a problem by listening and taking the appropriate action. If I am not sure of what to do or cannot perform an action I can always depend on a supervisor to partner with me to do what is best for the customer.
Good People, Lousy Hours
Control Room Operator (Current Employee), West Chester, PAFebruary 4, 2015
The pay is great and the folks I work with are (mostly) good people but for some reason I haven't been offered any full time work after nearly 4 years of employment.
Order Services Representative (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAFebruary 3, 2015
Cons: pay
Good Company, very flexible hours, great coworkers....pay needs to be improved. Everything else is fine. Great discounts through company, management is very helpful. Fun environment to work in if you enjoy talking to different people everyday.
Liked my job
distribution processor (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAFebruary 1, 2015
Cons: wanted more work out of employees but was shown no respect.
Liked my job . But feel employees are treated like numbers now compared to when I started 15 years ago. Co workers were mostly easy to get along with. When new management came in things changed to the point of not wanting to be there anymore.
Has great benefits
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Suffolk, VAJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: very physical work and your breaks seem very short.
This is a very physical job, but you usually have good supervisors who help with any complaint and if they are any problems in your department. The numbers are important which you have to make a quota and that can be stressful at times. They have very good benefits and like to reward employees for a job well done. If you make your quota and do everything else well , you will receive raises each year.
Needs a cultural overhaul
Sr. Analyst (Current Employee), West Chester, PAJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: employee discounts and pretty building
Cons: business practices, unprofessional leadership, unjustified layoffs & terminations
The best thing most employees will say about this company is the discount. That in itself is disturbing. Management at QVC spends a majority of its time self-promoting. If you are talented, confident, and assertive you will quickly be labeled cocky or too aggressive in this organization and your efforts will be sabotaged. Upper management has found a clever way to self-promote and remove people they don't like, it's called "reorganization". This is a chronic occurrence that always produces promotions out of the managers that initiate it. The hard working professionals and SMEs are never promoted. It's mind boggling to witness. It's also common to have managers in areas they know nothing about.

If you choose to work at this company take heed to the reviews. Particularly those of the Studio Park and Founders Park locations. Save yourself much aggravation and frustration of looking for a new job a year later. This is not an empowering environment for an up and coming talent. They dishonestly claim to appreciate your abilities while sabotaging your growth. The environment is like one big high school looking to haze the new kid.

The worker bees that have been with the company for a while are scared to speak up about the atrocities that upper management pose on them and others. I've seen and heard racial comments, watched people be denied the opportunity to interview for promotions, people have their direct reports and authority stripped because another manager desired that opportunity, employees not allowed to speak or participate in meetings, and seniored employees (20+ years) – more... released on the spot because of a manager's personal feelings.

Layoffs is a constant occurrence at the West Chester facilities. It is common for management to eliminate the position of individuals they do like, or reorg. the individual into another group or schedule. It is also common to refill the employee's position once they have been eliminated. HR offers no support and serves as nothing more than a prop only available to serve management.

I can't stress enough to do your research before working here. This company has well documented issues of discrimination, exclusion, and segregation'; both published and non-published. It is an issue of which executive management is well aware but have made no effort to address. There are no minorities in executive leadership. Minorities tend to have no voice or source of advocacy in this company. This should also be kept in mind when pursuing employment.

With a cultural overhaul, QVC could be a great place to work for ALL employees, not just those of a certain ethnic decent or clique. – less
Great Work environment with fun employees
Web Designer (Former Employee), west chester, paJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: great work/life balance, casual dresscode, fun environment
Cons: the multiple levels of people, slow response of management
QVC is a great company to work for. There is alot of opportunity for advancement. My role would be to complete graphics for web banners, internal website updates, and sometimes re-branding of older pages. I learned alot about working in an environment with multiple levels of professionalism. Management would good, but overused. My co-workers were a blast, and i do miss working there. The hardest part of my job was that due to many layers of manangement, it was hard to move quickly. Plus, my work ethic was held back at times due to the many layers of the dept. The most enjoyable part was interacting with fun people that made the day go that much better
Simple work load
Software QA Tester (Former Employee), San Mateo, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Mundane work load. Not much new in development of test cases.
Productive and fun workplace
Order Services/ Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAJanuary 23, 2015
Friendly staff and employees with lots of perks offered. Enjoyed the fast paced environment.
Great Coworkers
Store Host (Former Employee), Mebane, NCJanuary 17, 2015
My experience with QVC was enjoyable. On a daily basis, I was able to interact with customers and management in a way that resulted in positive sales, with positive customer opinion.
Excellent work opportunity and ensured employment
Product Quality Technician (Former Employee), West Chester, PennsylvaniaJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: excellent work conditions.
Very prosperous and provided excellent opportunity for advancement.
clean safe area, Inventory Contral backbone of QVC Rocky Mount,NC
IC Data Enter Administrator (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCJanuary 13, 2015
Worked for company almost 14 years. Worked in Inventory Control for 12 years in Data entry. Did billing for ship orders and research for lost product. I was on Safety Team and Community Affairs. I loved my job until the company changed the mainframe to new program. Data Entry was not properly trained. Supervisor did not want any mistakes but could not do program his self. Management was not fair and let some associates go. QVC has great benefits.
Enjoyable place to work
Area Manager (Current Employee), Florence ScJanuary 11, 2015
Even though it seems the company never stops (operational 364 days a year), it is a safe, family like atmosphere to work at. The compensation and benefits are above average and the satisfaction of servicing our customers and employees keeps me going.

1 2 3 4 5

About QVC

QVC was founded in 1986 by Joseph Segel, an entrepreneur who saw an opportunity to create a new and engaging shopping experience – Read more