QVC Employee Reviews in United States

No Longer A Good Place to Work
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAJuly 26, 2016
The culture has changed considerably in the last 5 years. Upper Management (VP and above) in particular, are clueless and do adhere to or uphold the core principles of the company. Self promoters are more recognized than hard workers. Employees are not valued and do not have clear career paths.
Pros
Few. Benefits are fine.
Cons
This is not a very generous company. Inadequate leaders and a very stressful environment.
Excellent
Order Services Representative (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 10, 2016
This was a great company to work for. Very respectful of employees. Listen to employees and improved working conditions. Was very supportive of customers and employees. Flexibility in working schedules. Great benefits.

The hardest part was the repetition of the process which was tedious and the volume of calls where often high without a slowing down.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Consistently high call volumes
Mechanic 2
Mechanic 2 (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAJune 25, 2016
That after 10 years of service it will take a 10 to get extra weeks vac. That Mechanic 2 position 2013 big changes came about many season employees left, operation side chaos day to day. If operation planning wrong they want maintenance to be equipment operators.
Benefit packages slowly going down to nothing, raises well the cut that to degree as well. A lot promises that they did not keep. Also new good old boy group. The pressure put on everyone bad. Then favoritism in department.
Pros
insurance fair benefits.
Cons
Paid, cost of living raise forget it. operation basically 32, flip flop when over time is so you end up with no over time.
Excellent place to work with lots of advancement
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJuly 1, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of me counting inventory, pulling products that needed to be re-shipped to customers due to the fact that they may have received the wrong product or a damaged product. My job consisted of making sure that the customer was always satisfied. Management was okay. We just couldn't seem to keep a supervisor or manager long. They kept leaving to go other places. My coworkers were awesome. Everyone enjoyed l
giving a helping hand when needed. Get used to new supervisors & new managers was the hardest part of my job. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I was a machine operator. I really enjoyed making the customers happy by delivering a promise in every box.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Not enough overtime
independent workplace
Orders Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 8, 2016
This job teaches me how to work independently at a fast pace, also being able to multitask. The challenges that come with this job are scheduling because I am a full time student, which requires constant flexibility. However, I do enjoy working with QVC and being in my own environment getting the job done as effective as possible .
Pros
Independent working
Cons
Sitting for long periods of time without any work and the lack of socialization
Productive yet laid back work environment
Social Media Intern (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAJune 2, 2016
QVC was a great place to work as a graduate student pursuing an M.B.A because not only do you learn a lot, you also have the potential to gain a hands on experience at a corporate level in a unique laid back work environment. Everyone you meet at QVC, no matter what level, are always friendly and willing to give you career advice as a college graduate. Most likely your coworkers will become life long friends. Overall my experience at QVC was one that taught me a lot, and helped me improve skills that I will utilize in my future career path.
Pros
Laid back work environment, coworkers, great learning experience
Cons
Commute from Philadelphia
Its a horrible place to work i advise to stay away run if you can
Returns Processor (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 30, 2016
Bad management
Bad supervisors
Bad trainers
mean co-workers
dirty
smells bad
your just a number
and your not welcomed there if your not in a click
Pros
cafe great selections, accounts for your meals at the cafe, bathrooms, breaks and meal times, easy to follow place maps
Cons
supervisors, managers, trainers, workers who gossip and being called a liar to your face over the things you see at QVC
Great work environment!
guest services coordinator (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAJuly 14, 2016
Although it is difficult to advance within the company, I think of QVC is a great place to work. The job culture is fun and comfortable. My most enjoyable parts of the day are getting to interact with the customers and hear why they love to shop QVC. I am a trained tour guide so I have the opportunity to speak with lots of people who come through the facility.
SHIPPING (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCMay 21, 2016
High aptitude in adapting to other machines, having been grounded on machine technologies Ability to work under pressure of targets and still maintain quality output Exceptional ability in filing progress reports for supervisors Remarkable ability to work with very minimal supervision A knack for machine repairs which always come handy from time to time Strong ability to carry others along and share vital knowledge to the team In-depth knowledge of safety procedures working with machines
Java developer
Java/J2EE Developer (Current Employee) –  Westchester, PAMay 20, 2016
• 8+ years of experience in implementing Java/J2EE projects, working through Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Implementation in Client/Server and web based n-tier architecture systems.
• Expertise in development and deployment of multi-tiered web based enterprise applications using J2EE technologies like Servlets 2.3/2.4, JSP 1.1/2.0, Struts 2.0, JMS, Hibernate 3.0/4.0, Spring 3.0/4.0, JDBC, JNDI, IBM MQ Series, JSF, angular JS, MyBatis,Java Beans and Web services (REST, SOAP).
Very nice place to work
Shipping Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAJuly 27, 2016
I worked in shipping during the holidays. We loaded packages onto the trucks so that they could be shipped to customers. The hardest part about working there is that it's very physical and the breaks are short. There is opportunity to grow and advance.
Pros
Nice break area, nice people, awesome supervisors and leads
Cons
short breaks, very physical
great benefits, bad management
Returns Processor (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 18, 2016
Management is very strict on making numbers by any means, effecting over all quality and personnel pride. A lot of favoritism, and turning the other cheek, if you make over and above your numbers. The health benefits can't be beat very reasonable. Generally all new supervisors are very understanding and provide good feedback.
Pros
resonable health Insurance
Cons
Lack of quality and personnel pride.
Fun workplace
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCAugust 15, 2016
Fun place to work , I've learned how to prep food, I would say the management there is slightly above average, my co-workers were fun to be around they always made sure i did something right, the hardest part of the job was putting frozen goods in the right place, the most enjoyable part was my co-workers and I having lots of fun.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Healthcare
Productive around the holidays after that it's pretty slow.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJune 8, 2016
Work day started at 8:00am and ended around 4:45pm. Packed out customers orders kind of like the Home Shopping Network. The managers were very good and friendly. My coworkers worked alone most of the time. The hardest job was when we had rug orders. I enjoyed the hours most of all.
Pros
There is an employee discount store.
Cons
no health insurance.
QVC TV shopping extravaganza
Inventory Analyst Manager (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAMay 2, 2016
So this job was a little behind the scenes. I basically packaged all the jewelry, clothes, and other products bought by the consumer. The job was pretty easy at times and sometimes a lot of product would need to be packaged and a lot of it was heavy at times. Learned how to drive a fork lift and work numerous equipment with the process of also packaging. Good learning experience for future jobs involving packaging or other customer service duties.
Standard Distribution Processing Center
Distribution Processor (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCApril 28, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of around 20,000 units of merchandise being sorted to 14 separate dock doors where we would load that merchandise onto a Semi-trailer via a extendable conveyor belt. I learned how to work under strenuous movement and also learned how to effectively operate with others when on a busy day. Most of the coworkers were friendly and reliable. The hardest part of being a Distribution Processor was keeping up on an extremely busy day while operating on a fast-paced dock door. The most enjoyable part was learning valuable skills to help me later in life.
Pros
decently long lunch breaks, access to computers and internet during breaks
Cons
Had to operate multiple doors if an employee didn't show up or left early
Good work schedules to choose from hours very flexible
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 20, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is when I can help someone who is disabled and cant get around. I learned even more skills for helping people and the power of listening. The hardest part of the job is trying to help someone who has called three times before and no one will listen or help them, but the best part is turning a negative experience into a customer who is laughing and thanking you for being the one to take charge and truly resolve a bad situation that earns their respect back.
Pros
very relaxed environment
Cons
having a call time goal
Fair Job
Variable Labor/Jewelry Packer (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCMay 6, 2016
They have plenty of spots to throw you at but this is a fairly easy job to maintain if your hired,Management is laid back depending on your location but you will get hours.if your full time definitely but if your part time,or variable labor you have to pick your hours or they will give you a set schedule which means that you mostly will be there temporarily but the money is good.
Great place to be gainfully employed
Stock picker (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCApril 26, 2016
This job at QVC has been quite a learning experience. I work primarily 10 hours per day. The most enjoyable part of the job has been working safely. We have 130 safety days and counting at present. Management has been helpful and my co-workers exceedingly supportive. The instruction on the SP, TSP, PE, and forklift have been most helpful.
Pros
Smoke-free campus, Excellent cafeteria menu
Cons
Short breaks
Really bad work/life balance
Customer Service/order entry Rep (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAApril 13, 2016
I worked at Qvc for about 8 months and I loved it up until they came up with a new policy. The new policy was put in effect in January and you can only miss up to 10 points in a whole year, like how realistic is that. You get a point for everything! Unfortunately those points can add up very fast between doc appts, the weather, and other unforeseen things I am no longer with the company. I would not recommend this job to anyone because it is not very stable, there is so many things that could happen in one year.
Benefits
Cons
Reliability points, no real vacation time