QVC Employee Reviews in United States

Fast Pace Work Environment
Order Services (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLDecember 5, 2015
QVC has a fast environment and work atmosphere. The team is very supportive and everyone is willing to help you improve your skills. The salary was decent and there were many opportunities to grow in the company if you showed interest and determination. Internal and external customer service always was handled positively and professionally.
Pros
Great Work Environment, Great Pay, Great Hours
Cons
Closing down the Port Saint Lucie Facility, Call-On Position, Cubicles
benefits good
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 11, 2016
benefits are great but managers are ok, they are making alot of changes that alot of employees are not happy with, and it appears the company is having alot of "system issues".
Pros
healthcare
Cons
short breaks, 10 point system for one year, no fault policy, no exceptions of emergencies.
QVC Call Center
Customer Service Team Lead (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 8, 2015
normally arrive ahead of time to review daily news updates from our corporate office. Login to my computer and phone in order to provide exceptional customer service regarding their account.
Pros
business culture
Cons
limited advancement oppertunities
Work with great people
Outbound Supervisor Automation (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VAFebruary 16, 2016
My typical day is meeting with my coounter parts from 1st shift review outstanding aged orders. I gather my daily paperwork partner with other supervisor in outbound if help is needed in Automation. Review daily model to determine how many units that Automation needs to complete that day. Then meet with staff and have a start up meeting reviewing Corp and site information and answer questions. I have learned a lot of WMS system and both inbound and outbound departments. My shift manger will meet each day at 8pm to review day progress. I work closely with my peers on my shift from shipping superviosr to picking supervisor. The hardest part of my job is having enought time to get all admin items done. The most enjoyable part of my job is the employees they have been on site a=on average more then 15 years and they know what to do whcih my job easier.
My favorite job I've had in 29 years of working!
OE/CS (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLFebruary 7, 2016
I loved working for QVC! I think any job is what you make of it. It can be a good or bad experience. It's all attitude! Sitting for long periods of time and taking hundreds of calls can be monotonous, but I would make a game of it to see if I could take more calls than the day before and trying to lower my AHT without rushing people off the phones. Also, it was good to get up and stretch.
I treated customers the way I wanted to be treated and mostly they were nice back. I enjoyed getting out and meeting people. The employee store and the employee discount is great...a little too great. I don't think I made money at QVC when I worked there! I miss it, but we moved from Port Saint Lucie to South Florida and it was too far.
But I now live in San Antonio and they have a call center here... :)
Pros
Schedule Flexibility, nice people, nice, clean building, cafeteria
Cons
N/A
Good work schedules to choose from hours very flexible
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 20, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is when I can help someone who is disabled and cant get around. I learned even more skills for helping people and the power of listening. The hardest part of the job is trying to help someone who has called three times before and no one will listen or help them, but the best part is turning a negative experience into a customer who is laughing and thanking you for being the one to take charge and truly resolve a bad situation that earns their respect back.
Pros
very relaxed environment
Cons
having a call time goal
Really bad work/life balance
Customer Service/order entry Rep (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAApril 13, 2016
I worked at Qvc for about 8 months and I loved it up until they came up with a new policy. The new policy was put in effect in January and you can only miss up to 10 points in a whole year, like how realistic is that. You get a point for everything! Unfortunately those points can add up very fast between doc appts, the weather, and other unforeseen things I am no longer with the company. I would not recommend this job to anyone because it is not very stable, there is so many things that could happen in one year.
Benefits
Cons
Reliability points, no real vacation time
I worked as a Surgical Tech in Labor & Delivery in this Hospital. It was a very rewarding experience.
Order Entry Representative (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FL 34986March 31, 2016
I loved the long time History of this Hospital. Working in Labor & Delivery, I got to see another side of the Operating Room from where I had been at Lawnwood Regional Medical Center. I learned about Babies, and how their treatments and Medical Care is very different from the regular sites in Main Operating Room. I will hold Dear the experiences that I learned in the Birthing Rooms on into the Nursery. Babies changed me forever, and I couldn't be more In Love with Children as a result.
great learning expierence
Distribution Operator supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJanuary 22, 2016
A typical night at work would consist of making sure that my employees complete that number of orders that needed to be shipped out for that night. As a supervisor i believe that the hardest part of my job was making sure that accountability was enforced even if the standards were a little harsh to my co-workers. I believe that a workplace should be filled with motivated individuals and great morale. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the smiles on my employee face after i give them a great one on one counselling and letting them know that they are doing a great job.
Pros
breaks are lengthy, laid back enviroment
Cons
not enough motivated workers
Packing
Packer (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJanuary 24, 2016
I enjoyed working at QVC I have no complaints. The management was awesome as well as all of my co workers. I love that it was a very passed paced environment. Wonderful place to work.
Pros
Cons
That it was a temp job
Okay for the short term
member of Finance Team (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAFebruary 6, 2016
Good place to get experience but there are limited opportunities for advancement. Talent development strategy is non-existent. Most team members are a pleasure to work with.
Qvc
Order Entry Representative (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 26, 2015
This job is fairly easy and there is no complications at all when it comes to do what youre supposed to do. All you do is read off the computer screen and take customers order. The management is alright sometimes their not ther when you need them. The coworkers at the job are the best they help you get through your day.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks
A good place to work. Great benefits.
Outbound Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCMarch 23, 2015
A regular day at work consists of getting merchandise unloaded, logged in, put away, picked, delivered to a pack station, packed, loaded, manifested, and loaded for shipment to customer.
I learned that sometimes it doesn't pay to be a good worker (sadly).
Management NEEDS MORE TURNOVER. The workers are let go when management doesn't produce. That is wrong.
I loved 98% of my co-workers. Most people can't say that about their workplace.
Covering someone else's mistakes then see them get rewarded for it in ceremonies and pay raises.
98% of the people there were GREAT.
Pros
they try to keep workers informed. great benefits.
Cons
short breaks. pressure situations cause tension sometimes.
Fun because of fellow co-workers, but becomes boring very quickly.
Order Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 2, 2015
A typical day at work includes logging in one time, logging in to the computer, taking the orders of the customers, responding to complaints and praises, transferring to the right departments, being patient with every single customer no matter what, and using the right aux codes.
I learned that the point system is very stressful and annoying. QVC does not matter what the situation is about that causes you to be absent or late, If either one of these happens, points will be given. When an employee accumulates to many points, they are eventually terminated.
Talk time with a customer must be below a certain time limit even though many customers talk on and on. You are not allowed to be rude or hang up or became inpatient no matter what. If your talk time is high, that's a bad thing. However the fact that the supervisors sometime work with you is a plus.
Employee are monitored and scored. If talk time is high, everything in the scripts are not read properly, you don't take the time to look for items or help the customers (even though that is Customer Services job), then your score will be low.
All the monitoring reports, aux codes used, attendance, punctuality, customer satisfaction recorded is then used for your yearly report. If it is negative, than termination is possible if there is no improvement.
Disability doesn't matter. Accommodations are not provided for the non-physically disabled. It doesn't matter to them. If you are in a wheel chair they might accommodate you. If you are depressed, bi-polar, have Attention Deficit Disorder, non of these things mater to them.
  more... All that matter is you need to show up to work regardless because if not, you will receive points.
Having the encouragement of your team-members is one of the most positive qualities their at QVC.
The hardest part of the job is sitting on your butt the entire time and speaking to thousands of customers over and over. It becomes quite repetitious. Another part, is remembering to use the correct aux codes at all times. Also, the monitoring of your calls are never known. Another thing is not becoming easily bored and to remember to stretch as often as possible.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when customers thank you for being nice, respectful and helpful to them. Another plus are the breaks and lunch-time that is much needed. Also, other employees encouragements are really nice, especially when the supervisors do not do it, and all they worry about is our talk-time, and our aux code usage.
Pros
health benefits, full-time employment, encouragement from co-workers, easiness of the job
Cons
Cafeteria not open during third shift, no communication between the supervisor and employee, unless the emplyee initiates it, it's their way or no way, management does not listen to the employee, just the supervisors, there are no second chances if you make a mistake, becomes a boring job very quickly
money
Order Entry Representative (Former Employee) –  port saint lucieAugust 26, 2015
money was great but no room for career advancement. It was very hard to climb the work ladder. But I really enjoyed my co workers and made really great friends there along the way.
Pros
paycheck and benefits
Cons
no room for career advancement
SHIPPING (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCMay 21, 2016
High aptitude in adapting to other machines, having been grounded on machine technologies Ability to work under pressure of targets and still maintain quality output Exceptional ability in filing progress reports for supervisors Remarkable ability to work with very minimal supervision A knack for machine repairs which always come handy from time to time Strong ability to carry others along and share vital knowledge to the team In-depth knowledge of safety procedures working with machines
Fun Workplace
Executive Assistant to SVP (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PASeptember 8, 2015
QVC is the quintessential place to work if you are into fashion and retail products and like to see the occasional celebrity. You work hard but you play hard here too. It is a fun but busy/deadline environment.
Pros
celebrities, cafeteria, employee benefits
QVC TV shopping extravaganza
Inventory Analyst Manager (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAMay 2, 2016
So this job was a little behind the scenes. I basically packaged all the jewelry, clothes, and other products bought by the consumer. The job was pretty easy at times and sometimes a lot of product would need to be packaged and a lot of it was heavy at times. Learned how to drive a fork lift and work numerous equipment with the process of also packaging. Good learning experience for future jobs involving packaging or other customer service duties.
Java developer
Java/J2EE Developer (Current Employee) –  Westchester, PAMay 20, 2016
• 8+ years of experience in implementing Java/J2EE projects, working through Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Implementation in Client/Server and web based n-tier architecture systems.
• Expertise in development and deployment of multi-tiered web based enterprise applications using J2EE technologies like Servlets 2.3/2.4, JSP 1.1/2.0, Struts 2.0, JMS, Hibernate 3.0/4.0, Spring 3.0/4.0, JDBC, JNDI, IBM MQ Series, JSF, angular JS, MyBatis,Java Beans and Web services (REST, SOAP).
Very fun place to work, great management
Order Entry Representitive/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLOctober 8, 2015
QVC was, unfortunately only a seasonal job, but one of my all time favorite jobs. On a typical day I would walk in, find a free work station, log in and get started on the phones right away. There is something exciting, for most women, anyways, about helping other women (most of the clientele) shop. It was a great feeling to help someone purchase something they really wanted, to help them figure out what color, size, texture, etc that would work best for them. I loved talking to each and everyone of them, and I loved each and everyone on the management team. Management made the job exciting, and were always encouraging.
I learned how to balance time management and accuracy with compassion and customer engagement. I learned about the different types of customers, and how to change or enhance how I handled their QVC shopping experience according to the type of shopper they are. Most important, I learned how to move through the website, customer account and orders with accuracy and speed, while engaging the customer and remaining pleasant, but professional.
Pros
Helping people, great management, great work environment