QVC Employee Reviews

Not as good as it used to be...
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PASeptember 19, 2016
Great place to work for many years, but going through a rough patch with new global realignment. Struggling to maintain a relevant business model so sales are slipping resulting in major layoffs. Good people and talent to be found there though.
Qvc, inc.
Senior Construction (Facilities) Project Manager (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PASeptember 16, 2016
QVC, Inc.has great benefits and is an open and transparent company. The associate are treated fairly and with respect.
Productive work place
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCSeptember 15, 2016
I loved my time being at QVC, if I had another chance there I'll melt. I had no issues with that company. People knew how to do their work without causing any issues! We even had a little work out before work and each break! Because of the heavy objects they didn't want any of the employees getting hurt. Which is very understanding, QVC is an outstanding job for anyone to be apart of !!
Good Place To Work
Transportation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCSeptember 12, 2016
I have worked at QVC going on nine years now. It can be a fun place, to work and I would recommend it to someone for their first job. The work at times can be taxing, but on other days due to volume very laid back and easy going.
Myself started as a part-time associate and moved up steadily over the years. However, once a certain level is reached, upward mobility pretty much comes to a halt. Other than that like any other place how enjoyable it is, depends largely on the individual.
Pros
45 minutes lunches, very good benefits.
Cons
Communication between employees and managment
Qvc is a very positive place to work for
Manual Packer (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCSeptember 7, 2016
The most enjoyable part about this job is working with others. This job is an positive environment with growth opportunities. QVC was great place to work. Friendly people, nice atmosphere, and excellent benefits.
Pros
ability to grow, and learn about the company
Great
Fraud Analyst (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PASeptember 7, 2016
QVC is a great company to work for, and they really take care of their employees. Management is good and they let you grow and learn. A typical day starts at 8, and you are busy with work that comes flowing in all day.
easy, productive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 5, 2016
typical day you would receive about 90 calls maybe more depending on how busy it is.

management or rather supervisors are really nice and if you have any questions they are happy to help.

hardest part of the job is trying to answer as many calls as possible
Qvc
Operations Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  St Lucie West, FLSeptember 5, 2016
Their was flexibility. Competitive pay. Learned quite a few programs while working there. Great people to work with. Day to day ran smoothly.
Order Services Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 31, 2016
I enjoyed working there except I didn't like my schedule I chose. I wanted to move but wasn't able to move for 90 days. The people and facility were nice and clean.
fun in the workplace
Department Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCAugust 30, 2016
QVC provide their employees with the opportunity of having fun while working and interacting with competitive strategies to make the work place safe and rewarding. This culture allows employees to learn how important internal and external customers are to the success of the organization as a whole.

Want to know more about QVC?

Ask a question
Jewelry Picker
Material Packer (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCAugust 24, 2016
Pick Jewelry so other co workers can pack and ship out to the customers. Its an easy job just wish I can get more hours. And wish we can have every other weekend off instead of working every weekend
It was a good place to work
Order Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAAugust 23, 2016
It was repetitious work. My co-workers were the life of the shift. Loved talking with the customers. My management team was fantastic and helpful at all times of need. The busy season was great as it kept you focused and competitive.
Fun workplace
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCAugust 15, 2016
Fun place to work , I've learned how to prep food, I would say the management there is slightly above average, my co-workers were fun to be around they always made sure i did something right, the hardest part of the job was putting frozen goods in the right place, the most enjoyable part was my co-workers and I having lots of fun.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Healthcare
Not customer friendly
Customer/Order Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAAugust 11, 2016
QVC is not the place to work if you enjoy helping customers or if you're looking for long term employment. When a company is consistently hiring more than any other call center in their area, that is pretty much a red flag.

They don't have the typical metric system found in most call centers. That's what attracted me to this company.

However, the things they don't tell you in orientation or in training: talk time=3 min or less (unheard of at any call center). It takes most customers 3 min. to tell you their problem. Due to the short talk time, a majority of the customer's you get on your line are repeat callers , they are angry, they have attitudes because the last Rep either disconnected the line, gave them misinformation, or they felt rushed and just wanted to double check to make sure their issues were handled properly (a lot of the time they weren't). QVC definetly don't put emphasis on customer service, and because of that, you MUST have thick skin to work here. Basically, your just there to say hello and goodbye, anything more would affect you talk time.

Also, they operate on a yearly point system, 10 pts. is the max. 1 pt. for being 1 min or more late from breaks or using more than the alotted 30 min for given per day breaks. 1 pt. if you clock in/out more than 3 min early/late form lunch. 1pt. for clocking in 3 min early/late for start of shift. 2 pts. for scheduled time off if you do not have vacation/personal time to use, 2 pts. for calling off no matter the reason. 4 pts. if you don't call at all. Very easy to make 10 pts. When you reach your point limit
  more... security will come to your seat and escort you to the door, you will not receive warning, instant termination very embarrassing.

Lastly, the co-workers are the best thing about the company. Some of the Supervisors are cool, if you can find them. They tend to disappear and your left relying on the help of other employees who may have started only a month or two before you did. Fortunately, the fact that you can never find a supervisor when you need one don't matter, most of the Supervisors don't know what they're talking about most of the time anyway, they just tell you to look up the answer youself. Once you leave training your pretty much screwed if you don't get to know and surround yourself with the more seasoned employees, they know more about the policies than most of the supervisors, and they're available and willing to help.

Basically, this job has a lot of unnecessary stress and a lot of people doing a lot of unethical things to keep their talk time and points down so they can keep their jobs, and a company that don't care, they basically foster that type of behavior.
Pros
Great Co-workers.
Cons
Low pay, high benefits, short breaks
Excellent
Order Services Representative (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 10, 2016
This was a great company to work for. Very respectful of employees. Listen to employees and improved working conditions. Was very supportive of customers and employees. Flexibility in working schedules. Great benefits.

The hardest part was the repetition of the process which was tedious and the volume of calls where often high without a slowing down.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Consistently high call volumes
I think Qvc is a great place to work but to many hours a day to work 10 to long .
Inventory Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCAugust 2, 2016
Long 10 hour days and learn management is someone you can talk to co workers great. The hardest part of the jobs is long hours on concret. . I like the part we have 3 days of but to many hours .
Pros
great insurance
Cons
no bonus
Laid off for cheaper workers in the south
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAJuly 28, 2016
This use to be a fun and great place to work.
Unfortunately they decided to send our jobs to a southern state.
I can't say anything bad about working here if you are in a clicque then you are good, if you have friends in higher places you will get a job or two super fast.
Very nice place to work
Shipping Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAJuly 27, 2016
I worked in shipping during the holidays. We loaded packages onto the trucks so that they could be shipped to customers. The hardest part about working there is that it's very physical and the breaks are short. There is opportunity to grow and advance.
Pros
Nice break area, nice people, awesome supervisors and leads
Cons
short breaks, very physical
No Longer A Good Place to Work
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAJuly 26, 2016
The culture has changed considerably in the last 5 years. Upper Management (VP and above) in particular, are clueless and do adhere to or uphold the core principles of the company. Self promoters are more recognized than hard workers. Employees are not valued and do not have clear career paths.
Pros
Few. Benefits are fine.
Cons
This is not a very generous company. Inadequate leaders and a very stressful environment.
easy fast pace work
picker (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 23, 2016
it starts out slow and tiring until you get into work at full speed then it gets interesting and becomes a good workout. I learned how to be a better person by deal with all type of people