R+L Carriers Employee Reviews

Good Job.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  wilmington ohJanuary 18, 2018
R and L is an amazing company to work for and I would highly recommend it to anyone, i have zero complaints for this company. The managers are very involved.
Always something new!
Pre-clerk (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 14, 2018
I like working at R&L. I love being busy throughout my shift and you never know what "issue" might come your way on any given day! The days are most fast paced and I am still learning "how to's" on the AS400 screen. Office girls can be chatty, that is the hardest part for me.
Pros
wonderful Xmas expierence
Cons
can not go to full time and have yet to receive my raise
Fun Work Environment
Paperwork (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJanuary 6, 2018
I love my job and the people I work with, I work in a fast paced environment which can be stressful at times but, it makes the work day go by faster. Wish I didn't have to leave.
Good for drivers bad for managers
TERMINAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJanuary 5, 2018
R+L took very good care of their drivers. can't say the same for support for managers. High stress no willingness to listen to input from managers. Slow to act to correct identified issues.
Dock Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHJanuary 4, 2018
I found working at R&L Carriers to be enjoyable, most employees were willing to assist when needed. The pace is pretty fast, but easily manageable. Supervisors were overall knowledgeable and helpful.
ok place to work
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, OHJanuary 3, 2018
okay place to work, decent trucks, bosses were cool, the drives were good, just did not pay very well for a new driver, you had chances to work weekends
Nice place, not enough hours
Outbound shipping clerk (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 3, 2018
Nice place to work but not enough hours to live on. Some weeks plenty hours some not enough hours. Nice people to work with. Hours are excellent. Pay is good.
Pros
Good place
Cons
lack of hours
Did not challenge me enough for my knowledge and qualifications.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, IN 46001January 2, 2018
I would recommend for my position there, that they give that person more responsibility, and chances for advancement. The company had a lot of giveaways, holiday extras, and fun pitch ins. but needed more physical work for that position.
Pros
lots of fun pitch ins, Good Coworkers, and General Management.
Cons
not enough to stay busy, low pay, poor benefits.
Good company culture
Corporate Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, OHJanuary 2, 2018
Company was good to work for overall. Some jobs were paid very well, while others were not. Only complaint about benefits were a minimal amount of paid vacation days.
Save your self the misery
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Cinnaminson, NJDecember 30, 2017
Started out class a mechanic with all the credentials,was promised a raise after 90 day's,no such luck, but promised the sky,found a real job paying 5 more per hour, 30 years experience,with a young boss 22 years old who thought he was gods gift to mechanics,a good butcher in my eyes, baffled the higher ups with bullsh, Great place to learn for a beginner, driver's were nice
Pros
Great for beginner or hack's
Cons
All straight time
The was a good part-time data entry position.
Pre-Clerk - Part-Time (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 27, 2017
This was a good company to work for on a part-time basis. It was fairly slow paced and not stressful. It is all data entry for delivery drivers waybills for pick ups and drop offs. However, they do have to be entered as quickly as received to keep the flow of the process going.
It is a good starting point into the working enviroment and good for anyone who can self teach quickly. Their computer system is user friendly for anyone not used to computers.
I would recommend it for anyone starting out in the work environment. It is a good beginner position.
Pros
Relaxed but busy setting.
Cons
I wanted full-time work, this was only part-time
Not a bad place to work at all
P+D Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, PADecember 23, 2017
As a driver, I made 27.27 an hour currently. Great money, very easy job as well. Unfortunately, you have to cover yourself over every little thing there, because if there is no one else to blame for something, and you're in the proximity; its on you.
Pros
great money, easy job
Cons
No advancement, stale culture
Great atmosphere to work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 22, 2017
A typical day at work is to remain observant and courteous to the customers. Working at this company is always great. That's why I have been there for a long time.
Good company to drive for/ Very disorganized
Linehaul Driver (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHDecember 19, 2017
Drove for them for almost 3 years before parting ways with them. They treat their drivers very well and compensate them extremely well. Equipment is by far below standards. They are on the move with updating their fleet, but their poor maintenance practices and use of the cheapest parts possible makes a year old truck drive worse than a 10 year old truck. There are no assigned trucks among day cab drivers and they do not enforce appearance standards or hold drivers accountable for cleaning up after themselves and there for most trucks are trashed inside.

The same goes for their sleeper trucks, as I have driven in all departments for them (City,Linehaul, solo OTR,and Team OTR). When I was assigned a sleeper truck it was left in sad shape from previous driver causing me to have to clean it myself unpaid. They would not provide cleaning supplies requiring me to purchase my own.

Their freight management is far behind the Times and a lot of it is still paper driven. The E-Log system that they use is home made and more frustrating and time consuming than it should be.

At the end of my tenure with them I was running linehaul and making very good money. The frustrations listed above are what they are but if you show the dispatchers here that you want to run they will get you plenty of miles and line your pockets in the process.
Pros
Excellent pay, Most management is laid back, They love their drivers
Cons
Equipment, Maintenance, scheduling, most upper management is either misplaced
Positive culture
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 18, 2017
Industry leader in the freight/logistics world. Good management, strong support team. R+L treats their people fairly from my experience. Growing company overall.
not a real live bunch of workers everyone seemed distant from each other
Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 18, 2017
just could not keep a terminal manager and office personnel was different daily it seemed could never get out on time daily i learned how to pull three trailers when was there and i did have some good pay from there
Pros
good pay
Cons
unstable work place
Nice place to work.
Outbound Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 12, 2017
Easy going. Friendly workers. Good working hours. Bonus at Christmas. Free resorts to employees. Company cares about the employees and offer many incentives to help them.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Cold on the dock in winter hot in summer.
All Employees were enjoyable to work with
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 12, 2017
I enjoyed working at R & L. Most employees were easy to work with and I enjoyed working the shifts that i worked. The job was rather easy and paid decent.
Awesome
LTL Driver (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIDecember 11, 2017
Great Company to work for. Everyone is friendly. Management is understanding. The pay is not great starting off but you quickly get raises. I would work there again,
enjoy working with co-workers and immediate supervisors
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 11, 2017
Loading and unloading freight safely and efficiently by using various heavy machinery such as forklifts, pallet jacks, and other operating equipment.
Evaluating inbound and outgoing product shipments to ensure quality control and accuracy.
Demonstrating interpersonal, organization, and time management abilities.
Pros
hours great/ wage increase
Cons
lack of training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at R+L Carriers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9