R+L Carriers Employee Reviews in United States

A disaster waiting to hsppen
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Fife, WAAugust 27, 2016
Been working here for years the slower you go the more hours you get and overtime. All management cares about is his bonus. OSHA would love this place there are violations every where you look on the premise.
Pros
No supervision no production goals move slower make more money
Cons
Tm is rude and director is too good to talk to
RL Carriers
Supervisor and Office Support (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 21, 2016
The company has a large shipping network. Freight procedures are quite safe. The environment is fast-paced. The equipment is assigned based on seniority. Some equipment is nice, others not so much.
Pros
Fast paced, time goes quickly
Cons
Limited opportunities for advancement.
Poster-child for dysfunctionality
Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTAugust 18, 2016
My job was simple and I enjoyed it. The company overall is a mess. Preferential treatment starts from the very top. HR is staffed by bible-thumpers, at a central location that serves the whole county. Pay and benefits aren't great. PT dock workers actually take an hourly pay cut if they go FT! Locally, day and night shifts can't seem to work together for the common good. Supervisory presence is definitely lacking on the PM shift.

All that said, I had a lot of fun working at R+L! Lack of supervision isn't always a bad thing.
Pros
Hoblets, donuts on Friday, relaxed environment, weekly pay
Cons
Rumors + Lies, Denver Broncos
good company good benefits
operation manager (Former Employee) –  Milton, FLAugust 17, 2016
very demanding w/long hours is a typical day . I learned that a good listener and sense of organization and cool demeanor are key to being a manager. I became a manager because I accept responsibility and see the business as a whole . I accept employees are not perfect but daily reinforcement of company policy and consistency are essential to daily success. The hardest part of this particular job was the outside factors such as equipment failure and unexpected time failures that tend to back your operation up .the most enjoyable part of the job was knowing with a plan in place and willingness to adjust for the sake of your customers that you could clock out every day knowing you did your best .
Pros
job security
Cons
long hours and pay
Loved the Atmosphere
Customer Service/Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAAugust 11, 2016
I loved working with public and helping customers and drivers get information needed. I liked figuring out problems for customers and mutli-tasking.. I would rather work in a fast pace environment.
ok place to work
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 10, 2016
not really the best managers some were young and not really the best people to work with but good thing is the hour lunch you rcieve and two fifteen minutes
Not a good place
Shop Foreman/lead mechanic (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 30, 2016
As a mechanic, the hours are bad, management is worse than ever, the will tell you one thing the lie to cover them self. The supervised will stab you in the back, talk nice to your face but then send e-mail to your boss to get you in trouble. The stealing that goes on there is another thing, then if it is reported, the people that stole from the company, get to keep there job,. Their employees resorts are a joke, if you have a family you can't afford to go to one of them. The Terminal Manager tells drivers to get truck out of the shop that have been downed for safety. No overtime pay, Safety and OSHA are ignored. No one is on your side from Central down. You work for years on end and all you are is a number. Owner don't listen to you, and if you get a review to come back to work, they will find anybody that is against you to be on the review board.
Great place to work!
Commercial Truck Driver - Class A CDL (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHJuly 28, 2016
Everyone will have their own experiences in which to base their personal opinions of the company they work for. I had a very good experience with R&L and I worked with a GREAT bunch of drivers, dock workers, mechanics, and Supervisors. Oh sure there were ups and downs, but the company stood behind me when I went through some bad ones. I drove Line-Haul at night and LOVED IT! The hardest part of the job was dealing with the ever increasing number of idiot drivers that are populating our roads today. There wasn't one day I went by that I didn't encounter one(OR MORE) in the 15 years I worked for R&L. The best part of the job was being part of a huge company....and of course the paychecks I brought home. Sure it was a lot of miles on the butt, but much better pay than any I've worked for. You can work a little or you can work a lot.....It's what you want to make of it....Like anything. Hope this helps.
Pros
Quiet time in the Drrivers Seat.....
Cons
Sore Butt driving so much and hard to find time to exercise.
Needs Structure
Pickup/Delivery Freight Driver (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCJuly 24, 2016
Good company to work for but needs improvement in most areas compared to other companies I have worked for. Trucks need maintenance and/or replaced, routing needs more detail, need better communication
very busy place
Gate Guard (Former Employee) –  Sauget, ILJuly 23, 2016
Not alot to say. We just logged trucks in and did patrols. The truck drivers were all good guys. Job could be boring at times.
Pros
you can get your fill of wildlife in surrounding area.
Cons
No set lunch time. Just when you get a chance.
great coworkers i just need to advance further
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAJuly 23, 2016
It's funny how jobs can sometimes give the most responsibility to the strongest worker. I have always been one to embrace the challenge.
Pros
great pay wage
Cons
i need benefits
Not a place for a good mechanic
Diesel Truck Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 22, 2016
Management will tell yu one thing and turn around and tell there boss something else to make you look bad.. Coworks are backstabbing if you dont fit in with there clicks they have set up already.Not a place to work if you looking to have a career with. An the terminal is a mess.
Cons
Everything about this place
Old fashion company
N/A (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 21, 2016
Ellenwood terminal not a good place to work only if you consider yourself to be a follower not a leader the pay is very low for African Americans great if you are Caucasian you will get more.
Old fashioned place to work no computers there is no teamwork you will be left to do everything by yourself
Cons
No sick days or personal day
Exitoso
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJuly 19, 2016
Buena Cía. Muy reconocida por su constancia y muy eficaz al momento de cumplir sus metas, objetivos de los que fueron planificados para la obtención de resultados óptimos.
Pros
Sabroso
Cons
Exquisito
line haul driving doubles
Truck Driver/Box Trailers, and Doubles (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 14, 2016
this was a good job. drove from denver to wamsutter, wy and back every night. pay was good winter was not. trucks were new and equipment was good
Pros
consistant work
Cons
wyoming winters
not place to work unless you need experience
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TNJuly 7, 2016
I worked there a while ago, but i took day off and got fired. The other new guys missed 2 days a week , but nothing. Oh yea they were family friends with managers. They do not give you enough hours so they don't have to give you benefits. It is a easy job any one can do any job in there, simple for beginners. They were not very helpful, no one wanted to do anything for any one else.
Pros
easy
Cons
no hours and nepotism
overworked and underpay
Billing / Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJuly 4, 2016
Busy fast pace environment, no room for growth and increases hard to come. Management need people skills, the best part of the job, helping the customer and answer questions to their issues/ problem.
Run like Forest Gump from this place!
Pre Clerk and Appointment Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAJune 25, 2016
I worked for this company as a pre-clerk and an appointment clerk. The worst job I've ever had. The terminal manager is CRAZY! He's very disrespectful and unprofessional. I would not refer anyone to work for this particular terminal. The pay was very low, the place is dirty, and all the computers are very outdated.
Pros
Location was close to my house.
Cons
Dirty workspace, outdated computers, and very low pay.
None (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 23, 2016
I was considering driving for R&L but after reading these reviews and talking to a few more of the employees who work there, I wouldn't drive for this company with someone else CDL. My license and record is flawless. Of course, by the grace of God. So I'm not risking it for R&L. Thanks but no thanks.
Pros
I don't know.
Cons
Bad reputation.
driver
p&d / linehaul (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJune 21, 2016
good work, decent equipment, good insurance, what's bad is in winter time when your low rank is work is slow,
has work for P& D and line haul
Pros
good insurance
Cons
winter time, slow work, low ranking

2.9