R+L Carriers Employee Reviews

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 27, 2017
great workplace. love freight and that's what this business is all about. enjoyed the office staff and the drivers. wish pay was a little higher. would have helped me stay
Pros
great
Cons
great
Joke of a work place.
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 26, 2017
Run down little company that isn't a working team. Joke of a warehouse environment. The company dosnt take care of there employees in a manner where you wanna work and represent them. Not well managed at all. They are all over the place and there is no drive or care from the employees.
good learning experience
Driver/ Tow Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  205 elbow lane burlington njJuly 17, 2017
Good job security, no over time no matter if you go over 40 hours theres no time and half, good benefits there are better paying companies but this one is pretty good in pay just not enough hours.
shipping and recieving
dock worker (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILJuly 17, 2017
it was an easy workplace. could have been managed better. They promised promoting within but that was never the case. The pay was good as well as the benifits
Good pay, freindly people.
Diesel Mechanic/Traveling Mechanic/Heavy Duty (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 13, 2017
My job is good , and pretty routine. Some things could be improved on, but all in all its a good place to work. The training needs to Be more job specific. And more frequent. Upper management also needs to Be more responsive to improvement suggestions by the employees.
Unorganized and unprofesional work envirorment.
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Sauget, ILJuly 11, 2017
Unorganized on top of being under paid and over worked, unexperienced supervisors with no trucking work background.Terminal Manager with poor communication skills.
Line haul driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 5, 2017
I worked as a linehaul driver. I'd show up to the yard and go in the office to pick up my paperwork. I'd hook the trailers and after a p.t.i. I'd head off to my meet point. At the meet I would swap trailors and do another inspection then head back. Once back to the yard I would post trip then dock the trailors and fuel and clean the truck then head home.

Pros-
The runs available were good. The equipment was satisfactory, The pay was nice. Once you are hired on it is almost impossible to get fired so job security is a bonus. Drivers have had wrecks and more and still never got fired.

Cons-
Communication there is horrible. Scheduling vacation or anytime off is a hassle also. They always want to tell you that they dont have anyone to cover for you even if you schedule the time weeks in advance.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
There is little communication between management and workers.
Fun environment
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 2, 2017
I love working here this place is amazing and the atmosphere is just so lovable this business is going to new heights to blow the competition out of the water
Transported freight from trucks to other trucks
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHJune 25, 2017
It was a good job for me sense I was in college but I wouldn't want to make that job into a career. The coworkers were the reason why I stayed for so long.
Pros
Good pay, set start time
Cons
Every night stayed past scheduled time regardless of school night
Very good place to be
Night Shift Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, VAJune 23, 2017
Great well rounded location and com[any. Always willing to help and get you the training you might need to do the best you can. Everyone is always nice and friendly.
Pros
Great company
Cons
None I found

Want to know more about R+L Carriers?

Ask a question
Great place to work for Part Time
Fork Lift Operator/Dock worker (Former Employee) –  Gallipolis Ferry, WVJune 21, 2017
Great Part time job. Hours are low and the pay is high so it equals out to around a minimum wage job. Supervisors will help you out in anyway they can. R&L also has a great vacation locations to choose from free to the employees. I stayed at Pigeon Forge for a week with my family through this program.
Worst interview of my life
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Sauget, ILJune 16, 2017
I never worked for them but I interviewed for the job as a forklift Operator. Was offered the job and never heard from them again. I was actually insulted by the operations manager but he played it off like a joke. Prolly could've sued if I recorded it bc it was defamation of character. By far the most unprofessional interview I have ever had.
Good Place to Work
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbiana, OHJune 12, 2017
This Company is Safety Minded from Start to Finish, when I was there on the Docks, they were Transitioning to a paperless format for Freight Transfer and Shipping Procedures. This Company I Would go back to Work For Simply Because the People Made the Job what it is, the Company just Expanded on that Idea, simple Math Really, Good People + Safety First Always Commitment = Rewarding Place to Work.
Pros
Good Pay, People, Challenging Work.
Cons
Tempers at times, hours.
Any time
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Yemassee, SCJune 9, 2017
No comments at this time nice company but some strange rules and they will fire you extremely fast but they have great benefits and exceptional insurance
Great benefits but not much room for advancement
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Pearl, MSJune 8, 2017
I was employed at R & L for over 9 years and enjoyed the benefits such as vacation time, great insurance options and extra benefits. However, there was not much advancement for my position financial wise.
Good pay, Bad management
Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, INJune 8, 2017
Pay was good for the job being done. Forklift driving all day unloading and loading freight. Checking manifests to accurately place freight. Management was poor and seemed uncaring, so long as the job was done.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Few hours
Very fun helpdesk position
Helpdesk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, OHJune 8, 2017
A typical day of work is taking up to 50 calls a day while working in our ticketing system.
The management Is amazing and understanding. The hardest part of the job would be when there are power outages at different terminals
Forklift Operator
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  East Saint Louis, ILJune 2, 2017
Face paced forklift operating but safe. Supervisors are great to work with while training. Great family/work life. No weekends, great benefits. Must start PT but great starting pay as well.
Wonderful Company
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAMay 31, 2017
I've been a truck driver for R+L for over 12 years. It's the best company I've ever worked for. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a job in the trucking industry.
good place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHMay 29, 2017
good place to work, great people and pay is decent. good benefits, and relaxed environment to work in. some management needs to be replaced but the majority is good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at R+L Carriers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9