R+L Carriers Employee Reviews

Very Fun and laid back place to work at,
Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 26, 2016
Great Job, with a great group of co-workers i work with. Great supervision team. We help eachother when one another needs help. this is not a HARD job AT ALL. The most enjoyable thing is to be around employees with great humor that make you feel good as you work. I believe good character and laughter, not horse play, but laughter is what every job needs.
Pros
we can win jackets, walmart cards, great pay, fun people to work around, off on weekends
Cons
No benefits for part time employees
Good part time job
Freight Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WINovember 17, 2016
An outbound LTL Freight Handler basically handles freight of all kinds (Skids, crates, loose boxes, tanker totes, drums, etc.). Shipping orders are removed from the pickup/delivery trailers and reloaded onto outbound trailers to be moved to the next terminal, en route to it's delivery It's pretty fast paced work and it is only part time, but the pay is pretty top notch for 20-25 hours a week.
Pros
Pay
Mandatory 50 hrs a week with no overtime pay at all
Diesel Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 7, 2016
typical day as a trailer mechanic consisted on doing what first shift didn't want to do or finish
the direct supervisor for trailer side mechanic did not know how to be supervisor, only help his friends out and family that worked there.
Pros
always get 50 hours for sure, nothing else
Cons
no overtime pay, pay is lower than similar jobs, trailer side supervisor
good company good benefits
operation manager (Former Employee) –  Milton, FLAugust 17, 2016
very demanding w/long hours is a typical day . I learned that a good listener and sense of organization and cool demeanor are key to being a manager. I became a manager because I accept responsibility and see the business as a whole . I accept employees are not perfect but daily reinforcement of company policy and consistency are essential to daily success. The hardest part of this particular job was the outside factors such as equipment failure and unexpected time failures that tend to back your operation up .the most enjoyable part of the job was knowing with a plan in place and willingness to adjust for the sake of your customers that you could clock out every day knowing you did your best .
Pros
job security
Cons
long hours and pay
not a place I would recommend working at
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJOctober 4, 2016
Vvery busy company not very good job training learned a lot of my duties on my own the management is terrible my co workers and I worked well together the other shifts and workers were incapable of doing their jobs. Over worked and under paid for the duties they require of you.
A disaster waiting to hsppen
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Fife, WAAugust 27, 2016
Been working here for years the slower you go the more hours you get and overtime. All management cares about is his bonus. OSHA would love this place there are violations every where you look on the premise.
Pros
No supervision no production goals move slower make more money
Cons
Tm is rude and director is too good to talk to
Not a good place
Shop Foreman/lead mechanic (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 30, 2016
As a mechanic, the hours are bad, management is worse than ever, the will tell you one thing the lie to cover them self. The supervised will stab you in the back, talk nice to your face but then send e-mail to your boss to get you in trouble. The stealing that goes on there is another thing, then if it is reported, the people that stole from the company, get to keep there job,. Their employees resorts are a joke, if you have a family you can't afford to go to one of them. The Terminal Manager tells drivers to get truck out of the shop that have been downed for safety. No overtime pay, Safety and OSHA are ignored. No one is on your side from Central down. You work for years on end and all you are is a number. Owner don't listen to you, and if you get a review to come back to work, they will find anybody that is against you to be on the review board.
not place to work unless you need experience
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TNJuly 7, 2016
I worked there a while ago, but i took day off and got fired. The other new guys missed 2 days a week , but nothing. Oh yea they were family friends with managers. They do not give you enough hours so they don't have to give you benefits. It is a easy job any one can do any job in there, simple for beginners. They were not very helpful, no one wanted to do anything for any one else.
Pros
easy
Cons
no hours and nepotism
Great company to work for, local supervisor is a little hard, but over all good
Driver/Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 26, 2016
Most days I would start work at 830 am, clock in, work feight on the dock and load freight on trucks, get my feight bills and do my pre trip truck inspection. driver my assigned route and deliver freight.
Pros
great company, really good benifits and pay
Cons
long days and sometimes hard to make plans for time off
Run like Forest Gump from this place!
Pre Clerk and Appointment Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAJune 25, 2016
I worked for this company as a pre-clerk and an appointment clerk. The worst job I've ever had. The terminal manager is CRAZY! He's very disrespectful and unprofessional. I would not refer anyone to work for this particular terminal. The pay was very low, the place is dirty, and all the computers are very outdated.
Pros
Location was close to my house.
Cons
Dirty workspace, outdated computers, and very low pay.
Great place to work.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Sauget, ILNovember 8, 2016
It's pretty cool place to work. The work experience is excellent. Everyone that works there works as team. Everybody is friendly and very helpful. You can grow with this company. It's most definitely not a "dead-end' job!
Pros
pay and experience
Cons
work hours, shift times
Not a place for a good mechanic
Diesel Truck Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 22, 2016
Management will tell yu one thing and turn around and tell there boss something else to make you look bad.. Coworks are backstabbing if you dont fit in with there clicks they have set up already.Not a place to work if you looking to have a career with. An the terminal is a mess.
Cons
Everything about this place
Old fashion company
N/A (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 21, 2016
Ellenwood terminal not a good place to work only if you consider yourself to be a follower not a leader the pay is very low for African Americans great if you are Caucasian you will get more.
Old fashioned place to work no computers there is no teamwork you will be left to do everything by yourself
Cons
No sick days or personal day
RL Carriers
Supervisor and Office Support (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 21, 2016
The company has a large shipping network. Freight procedures are quite safe. The environment is fast-paced. The equipment is assigned based on seniority. Some equipment is nice, others not so much.
Pros
Fast paced, time goes quickly
Cons
Limited opportunities for advancement.
Great employees!
Route Sales Driver (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAJune 4, 2016
Fellow drivers and dock staff work very hard to help each other out in order to deliver on the promise to customers. Just need to have the company replace the local West Sacramento Terminal Manager. Sadly lacks social skills with employee base and has anger issues.
Other management is outstanding!!
Bob Zimmerman is a man of character and taking this company to greater heights....
I would strongly recommend RL Carriers to those in the industry.
Pros
Hard working employees
Cons
Local TM
Good place to work, very family oriented.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 24, 2016
I worked there for twelve and a half years. Only left because I needed to relocate my 16 year old son. I tried to get a transfer, but was unable to to get it.
Pros
Lots of benefits, good pay, they care about there people.
Cons
Did not pay over time
Good temp job
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 30, 2016
Work is not consistent. Trucks are very old basic. Some have NO A/C in Houston in 2016. So expect to do a lot of sweating. Dispatch is random and typically has to call you on your personal phone in order to conduct company business through out your entire shift.
R & L Carrier
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJ 08016October 30, 2016
R & L was a part time job and I needed benefits that comes with a full time job or a salary high enough to compensate for no benefits. I keep in touch many of my coworker from R&L.
Pros
Great group of people
Cons
Part time do not receive benefits
no comment
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 9, 2016
had to travel way to much and my territory was to much for one Manager to control in the right way. Poor customer service at the terminal levels. Company car was unsafe and would not fix or repair when needed.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no home life
Stay away from this company
Line Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 4, 2016
If you have a job u better stay there don't even think about it to work for this company I stared as a line haul driver staring at 9pm to 10 am sometimes 11am good hours after a couple of months the guy on charge I won't say manager that's to much title for that alcoholic guy, well he moved me to p&d working on the dock for 3 to 4 hours I was doing between 13 to 17 deliveries and doing 5 to 9 pickups everyday as a p&d driver u only gonna get 34 to 40 hours if u have luck makes 42 hours pay hourly is 26.33,benefits are expensive, trucks are fair I was luck driving one of the new ones , oh another big thing there's only like 4 drivers that have over one year working there everybody is quitting everybody is complaining drivers start 10am to 11am then u has to be rushing all day long without taking ur brakes
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Poor Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at R+L Carriers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9