R+L Carriers Employee Reviews

Great people to work with!
Freight Handler (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLApril 26, 2017
Culture and enviroment is fun and highly energetic! Management can use a bit of straightening up though: where they stand out in communication and support they lack in understanding what the worker desires and needs.
great workplace
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CAApril 25, 2017
R+l is a great freight company with great staff always friendly and nice. I love working here I plan to work here as long as I can. I do plan on moving forward maybe finding another job in a different work place
Pros
free r+l gear
Cons
short breaks
Great Place to work
Corporate Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, OHApril 24, 2017
A typical day is securing the company and monitoring cameras and making sure people are in a safe working enviroment. The company has good and bad management depends on the department you are in diverse work place. Alot of phones calls good and bad. Most enjoyable part of the job is the people.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Communcation
ok
Technician Class C (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, PAApril 21, 2017
Good place to start. The company really pays well 10 hours. They work you hard there was never time for training. But overall enjoyed the work and the management.
Excellent job to sell out some time and make some money.
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIApril 20, 2017
Excellent job to sell out some time and make some money. Best money I have ever made in my life. Only downside was that it took literally all of my time away from me.
Pros
excellent money
Cons
work a lot of hours
Productive and Effective
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TNApril 15, 2017
Being employed at RL Carriers was a great job as far as the hours and the work ethic, however production got slow toward a difficult time so the hours worked weren't efficiently covering the amount I needed for my family and I to survive.
Pros
AM shift, good benefits
Cons
slow production, decrease of hours
Decent place to work.
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Kearny, NJApril 15, 2017
The location of the worksite and the shift worked poses issues from a traffic standpoint that would affect anyone working there.People were friendly and helpful but safety was a must and being late would eventually lead to you being replaced.
Pros
Plenty of coffee and safety gear.
Cons
Tardiness is monitored closely and inexcusable.
Good
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NJApril 13, 2017
Exciting, challenging. It's a busy company that keeps me motivated. Although it's a part time job the pay is excellent. I offload trailers during my shift and handle merchandise and stage it at its final destination or dock door.. I've learned that each and every single merchandise has it's own dock door and what state it's going to be ship to. My supervisors are friendly never had no issues with any of them. The hardest part of my job is when I have to offload, long steel beams. The best thing about my job, is getting the work done in a timely matter and all my trailers are offloaded and staged or loaded in it's correct staging door.
Not reccommended
Credit/Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHApril 13, 2017
Great place to work if you are a driver. All other support staff, poorly paid, little to no opportunity for advancement. This is the headquarters location but has facilities nationwide.
Pros
Great opportunity for drivers
Cons
No opportunity for any position other than driver
Managment needs improvement
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 10, 2017
Was terminated because I failed to check the rear ends of a 2016 tractor that had less than 50,000 miles on it.this was an unreasonable termination. Management changes policies on a daily basis. The health care basic. mandatory 50 hour work weeks, no time and a half overtime
Pros
new shop
Cons
working in the middle of nowhere
met a lot of people
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXApril 4, 2017
Sale of transportation services. Have to visit between 10 to 15 customers every day, offer the services and quote freights. Have very little supervision.
good job
Outbound Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 1, 2017
only thing i wish is that the pay was higher
this was a pretty good job you come in do your job nobody really mess with you when you work they taught me pretty good just the pay wasn't taking care of the bills
Pros
good insurance
Cons
pay
Terrible
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHMarch 28, 2017
Hours were very little the environment was very hectic and not organized a lot of freight was being mishandled I definitely would not choose to ship thru this company. Hours were short and pay very little and a lot of the higher ups where rude
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Little pay
Stressful environment
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAMarch 26, 2017
The work life balance was stressful. No benefits. No advancement. Salary was unacceptable. Management had poor communication. The work was decent, however, it was labored without a decent salary.
A normal day at R+L Carriers
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAMarch 23, 2017
- Unloading inbound shipments safely and move freight to storage locations. Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate areas. - Making sure inbound and outbound freight is secure and free of damage before putting it in is appropriate areas. - Pull and prepare product for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped. Perform picking duties in an efficient manner that meets customer service. - Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area for OSHA standards
Miss load driver's truck
Linehaul / Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLMarch 20, 2017
Run driver's ragged . Hard to take a day off (Even when you have over 3 weeks of vacation time). Lot of favoritism for certain drivers. Dispatcher get upset if you call with an issue.
Great Family owned company
Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 9, 2017
This company is constantly trying to over come business operations, sometimes for the better of employees, sometimes not. Overall I would recommend anyone to the company
benefits
Cons
lack of advancement
Would not recommend customer service if considering R&L
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHMarch 2, 2017
This place was a nightmare, people drop like flies out of this department, they can't keep it fully staffed even though they are constantly training new hires...the job isn't hard, you deal with a lot of mean people but they aren't half as bad as the management, management is under qualified and over all under educated. Upon telling my boss we could really fix the stigma in there and people would want to stay (as the job really is EASY) to which he replied "there is no astigmatism in this office" and implied that it was rude to use big words. They prefer their staff scared... and because of the STIGMA, other departments don't want to hire from customer service. There is little to no growth at this position, and on top of ALL of that, the hours are terrible and the pay is even worse. (Benefits + insurance aren't great)
Pros
Cafeteria, friendly coworkers
Cons
Management, benefits, work environment
Scary
Unloader/Loader (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, PAMarch 1, 2017
Was there only three days after seeing how things worked on the dock and how stupid some of the people are it's no wonder freight gets damaged. Forklifts flying around everywhere very little horn use and osha would have a ball with this place.
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
Very poor managment, lack of trained personal.
Just to stay afloat
Driver (Former Employee) –  San Lorenzo, CAFebruary 28, 2017
This is a company to just stay afloat. No OT pay, 401k after 1 year, medical benefits very expensive, you share your truck with the line driver almost every day and trucks keep braking down. Awful management but great dispatcher.
Pros
Start pay 28.07
Cons
No OT pay, 401k

Ask a question about working or interviewing at R+L Carriers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9