R+L Carriers Employee Reviews

excellent place to work
Help Desk Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLAugust 17, 2017
the job is in a very secure and nice professional environment. The opportunity to advance is available but you may have to relocate. the most enjoyable part of the job is the sharing of information between team mates.
Cons
30 minute lunch
Productive work place
cashier/pre-clerk (Current Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAAugust 17, 2017
A high paced work environment, great for people that like to stay busy, great opportunities within the company, possibility to move up in the company once you prove you can and will work and are a fast learner
Pros
Great opportunities
Cons
Management shows favoritism
not a place to work at the are rude and some what racist
Dock worker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 17, 2017
not good at all they don't help there employees they have favortism and dis liked mexicans i wouldn't recommend other people to work there i was called a wet back by a fellow employee and that employee still works there were in other places he will be fired on the spot
Pros
good pay
Cons
under appreciated
Great Community Image
HR Admin Assistant / Corp Recruiting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHAugust 15, 2017
R+L is very active in the community. They sponsor kids from low income families for Christmas every year and participate in the local parades yearly. They do a lot for community relief in areas hit with natural disasters and take very good care of their Drivers.

The office staff is very knowledgeable, but are not always well paid. Sometime the office politics can get in the way of good people progressing and allow those that don't deserve it to get promoted.
Pros
on site cook-to-order cafeteria, mostly friendly environment, free employee resorts.
Cons
low pay
My opinion
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAAugust 14, 2017
It was an easy day, I felt like the supervisor was a little biased and she did not know her job. I worked as a data clerk, there was a lot of gossip without a lot being done. On the job, relationships were common so it was uneasy at some times.
Great Service
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 10, 2017
Great work-life balance. There is not much opportunity for growth as no one leaves the organization and there are rarely open positions. This is due to the consistency of the service offering
Pros
work-life balance
Cons
opportunity for growth
A place as means temporary quick cash
Remaining anynomious (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHAugust 4, 2017
Management sucks. There is no teamwork involved anywhere. Have to know people just to keep your job. If they like you they cooperate with you. If they don't they will work with others but never you. They leave you hanging a lot. Answers to get things done takes days. Once promoted you are not only tasked to do your current job but the last position you did as well. Refuse to help out and expects you to do it yourself. But willing to work with other co workers just to get work done fast. Other employees explores Facebook and YouTube half the time. Stays lazy not looking for work. Won't help others out when their tasks are done.
Pros
Flex able to an extent
Cons
Poor management, lack of teamwork, have to know someone to keep your job
Fair
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCAugust 2, 2017
The managers dont give a care about the employees, but the company is a good company. Its very cutthroat and always rushed to do more. When your already doing all you can do.
Very mind numbing and repticious
Switch Board Operator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHAugust 2, 2017
I answered up to 1000 calls a day and connected extensions to other lines.
The company wasn't a very great company to be with, and the pay wasn't livable.
Would not recommend.
Regional Operations (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 31, 2017
Would not recommend, pay is not to industry standards, very little job security, I saw people fired simply because VP of Ops did not like them. Tread lightly.
Good people to work with
Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIJuly 27, 2017
Greatest job I've ever had! The coworker relationships and even friendships you make are great. Being able to work part time in the evening is great too.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 27, 2017
great workplace. love freight and that's what this business is all about. enjoyed the office staff and the drivers. wish pay was a little higher. would have helped me stay
Pros
great
Cons
great
Joke of a work place.
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 26, 2017
Run down little company that isn't a working team. Joke of a warehouse environment. The company dosnt take care of there employees in a manner where you wanna work and represent them. Not well managed at all. They are all over the place and there is no drive or care from the employees.
good learning experience
Driver/ Tow Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  205 elbow lane burlington njJuly 17, 2017
Good job security, no over time no matter if you go over 40 hours theres no time and half, good benefits there are better paying companies but this one is pretty good in pay just not enough hours.
shipping and recieving
dock worker (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILJuly 17, 2017
it was an easy workplace. could have been managed better. They promised promoting within but that was never the case. The pay was good as well as the benifits
Good pay, freindly people.
Diesel Mechanic/Traveling Mechanic/Heavy Duty (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 13, 2017
My job is good , and pretty routine. Some things could be improved on, but all in all its a good place to work. The training needs to Be more job specific. And more frequent. Upper management also needs to Be more responsive to improvement suggestions by the employees.
Unorganized and unprofesional work envirorment.
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Sauget, ILJuly 11, 2017
Unorganized on top of being under paid and over worked, unexperienced supervisors with no trucking work background.Terminal Manager with poor communication skills.
Line haul driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 5, 2017
I worked as a linehaul driver. I'd show up to the yard and go in the office to pick up my paperwork. I'd hook the trailers and after a p.t.i. I'd head off to my meet point. At the meet I would swap trailors and do another inspection then head back. Once back to the yard I would post trip then dock the trailors and fuel and clean the truck then head home.

Pros-
The runs available were good. The equipment was satisfactory, The pay was nice. Once you are hired on it is almost impossible to get fired so job security is a bonus. Drivers have had wrecks and more and still never got fired.

Cons-
Communication there is horrible. Scheduling vacation or anytime off is a hassle also. They always want to tell you that they dont have anyone to cover for you even if you schedule the time weeks in advance.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
There is little communication between management and workers.
Fun environment
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 2, 2017
I love working here this place is amazing and the atmosphere is just so lovable this business is going to new heights to blow the competition out of the water
Transported freight from trucks to other trucks
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHJune 25, 2017
It was a good job for me sense I was in college but I wouldn't want to make that job into a career. The coworkers were the reason why I stayed for so long.
Pros
Good pay, set start time
Cons
Every night stayed past scheduled time regardless of school night

Ask a question about working or interviewing at R+L Carriers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9