R+L Carriers

R+L Carriers Employer Reviews

Difficult But Fun
Billing Clerk (Current Employee), Elgin, ILMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Co-workers, paid breaks
Cons: hostile work environment, poor management
Throughout the time I have worked for R+L Carriers, there have been many changes; I do not mind change, but I do care how management handles change. I feel as if the entire management staff is corrupt and are out to "throw others under the bus" for their own needs and benefit. Needless to say, they are more concerned about their own well-being than the well-being of their employees. I have heard multiple conversations between supervisors about other employees; most of them include making fun of employees and degrading them behind their backs. Being in that kind of environment makes it hard to respect your superiors' authority. I feel that with better management, this company would be a lot better to work for. Human Resource calls really do not impact the work place as much as I think it should. Everything is "swept under the rug" and no one could care less about it. Honestly, the only reason I have stayed as long as I have, is because I fell in love with my co-workers. As much as we have to go through, we all stick together and create a family atmosphere. The driver's there and other office personnel are some of the best people you will find.
Professional and Productive
Oracle Apps Consultant (Former Employee), Wilmington, OHJanuary 30, 2015
Glad to be a part of the R+L team. The job offered a great opportunity to learn and grow professionally. The colleagues were helpful and supportive.
Awful.
Loader (Former Employee), Louisville, KYNovember 19, 2014
Pros: pay increases
Cons: everything else. safety especially! !
Lied to me about what hours I would work. It was probably the most unsafe place I've ever worked. Smoking was allowed around chemicals. None of the dock lights worked and employees were driving propane forklifts into dark trailers with chemicals on them with no idea of any leakage while SMOKING!! If OSHA came in they would be shut down! Management did not care. The supervisor was spitting dip on the dock while we worked. Absolutely horrible place to work. Just stay away! You can do better. It's not worth risking your life.
Warehouse
Dock Worker (Former Employee), Davenport, IANovember 13, 2014
Pros: pay rate
Cons: worked weekends
Work in a warehouse loading and unloading trucks in a nice environment with a good working staff.
Keep Moving
Dock Worker (Former Employee), Hatfield, PAOctober 26, 2014
Hard Work, busy work. Independent work.

Coworkers can make the work harder more then they can make it easier
R&L = acronym for Race and Liftgate
city p&d driver (Former Employee), Norristown terminal in Hatfield PaAugust 30, 2014
Pros: pay was good, home every night with a regular start time, trucks were loaded when you came in most days and never touched a forklift
Cons: no overtime pay
1st off as soon as I was hired for a city/p&d driver I found out I had to buy my own new pallet jack and hand truck which was deducted weekly out of my pay. I've worked at other ltl companies as a city/p&d driver and found out fast these people like to squeeze every last drop out of you worse than other companies with twice the size area of runs size with about 1/2 the drivers. 40 miles one way then 40 miles back it was nutzed and then you add all the liftgating in on top of all of it because their schtick is we deliver anything anytime anywhere it was hard to keep up everyday they ran you into the ground and then there goes your beeper being dispatched 40 miles away again to somebody that needs a pickup by 2:30 and its 2:00 still having to deliver 5 more stops in the current area! I was running 4 counties and they just didn't care to give you help so I got the heck out of there after 2 1/2 yrs of it. They just didn't realize how much time liftgating takes!!!! Other companies have 2-3 guys in an area not these people!
Run for your life from this company
Former employee (Former Employee), San Jose californiaAugust 13, 2014
Pros: can't think of any off the top of my head
Cons: where should i start
This terminal absolutely sucks. No moral what so ever. Terminal manager is like Teflon. Doesn't take responsibility for anything that goes wrong. He lets it slide of him and blames someone else. There is zero managerial skills at this terminal. Very late departures. Over worked and under paid. If you are a good driver you have to pick up the slack from all the other drivers.
Horrible place to work
Driver (Former Employee), Lexington, kyJune 29, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: everything else
Work you into the ground long 14 to 16 hr days you get personal days and vacation but management wont let you take off. Hostile work environment constantly on your back and being harrased and wrote up for everything. No home time with my family company comes first they treat you like they own you they dont care about you your just a number here dont work here! The only good thing is the pay and benefits.
Worst job ever
Dock (Current Employee), Montebello caJune 19, 2014
Cons: everything
Managers are never walking the dock
Favortism is out of control no dock housekeeping bathrooms are filthy they dont want to hire a gardner they rather have dock workers do it no employee appreciation they pick their favorites the equipment is poorly maintained dont ship with rl otherwise your freight will become trash
horrible
rep (Former Employee), lakelandJune 9, 2014
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: all
I got fired for being involved in a car accident. Ridiculous I even had a doctors note.
it's a job
Linehaul Driver (Current Employee), Lebanon, PAApril 28, 2014
I learned I should have gotten a better education when I was young
The hardest part is staying awake all night
Rip off
N/A (Current Employee), N/AMarch 16, 2014
Pros: having a job
Cons: expensive health care.no overtime pay.etc
After working with this company for about 2 years I found out they were under paying me.spoke to management and they basically said deal with it
Simply the worst job I've ever had.
Combo driver (Former Employee), Wilmington OhioFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: can't think of any.
Cons: lack of leadership/respect for the associate.
They treat you like your not even a human being. I was a combo driver. I would work the dock and also drive. When I worked the dock. Management would play with there cell phones and talk bad about everyone. They couldn't answer any questions you may have. They would get irritated if you didn't have a fork lift. Imagine a company this size not having enough of the proper equipment. Then when I drove they hated giving out any driving instructions. They didn't know the names of the places or the addresses of them. They just expected you to know them. They will lie to your face and make false promises.
Positive employment experience
Break Bulk Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 10, 2013
Pros: fair salary, good benefits, good management team
This is a very good company to work for very family oriented and they take good care of all their employees. Company is very supportive from the top down and resources are readily available in order to be successful
Good Company To Work For
Operations Manager/Breakbulk Supervisor/Driver (Former Employee), Ellenwood, GANovember 21, 2013
the best part of working there was that no day was ever the same. It was a new challenge every day you walked in the door
This is not a well run company
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Norristown, PANovember 13, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: no leadership or training
This company needs more training for every employee that works there. I worked there for about a year and was never trained. I only ran my shift based on what I already knew from working at other companies before this.
worst company
dock (Current Employee), Ypsilanti,miNovember 3, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything, everyone blah
Garbage. Pure garbage. Do not work here. I do work there now in Detroit and they treat you like a worthless person. Swear at you. Suspend you for stupid stuff. Supervisors dont do anything but get in your way while working and yell at you and talk behind your back. Most employees are dumber than a sack of rocks. But they are related to the managers so they get away with murder. No breaks lunch comes really late. Benifits are garbage and take a full paycheck a month for having insurance. McDonald's sounds better
Do Not Leave Your Job For This One!! They Do Not "Take Pride in their People"
P/D Driver - Linehaul (Current Employee), Pensacola FlOctober 30, 2013
Pros: not micro-managed, delivery to customers, home daily
Cons: call offs 2-3 days a week
Terminal Mgr talked me into leaving my job without giving notice,cause they was too busy...My First mistake that I bought into and I always gave notice. Then I was Hired on and All Seemed fine UNTIL first Monday after being hired, and they Called me to tell me they didnt need me, and them calls continued, Calls at 6 am to tell you to be there at 9:30 am or calls At 6am to not come at all cause they had a small "bill count" (Bill count is NO freight for YOU to haul) and I got that 3 days a week. some weeks. and you have to buy your own Pallet jack so you can go in debt w Co. for $400 and your own 2 wheel cart which you will need. Yes they have lift gates that helps but still least your worries. Seniority is everything in this company so starting out is impossible to make a living....Coming from a person that lost his home cause of their lies and still they did not care!!! They May start you out at $17.52 hr but you will only get 6-8hrs a day under 40 hrs a week and your 90 days is "Working Days" so that will take as long as the Company wants to make it>>Do Not Fall for it Screw You R/L!!! You Suck!! I currently work here till I find somewhere else
R&L Carriers
Pre-Clerk/Casher (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJune 30, 2013
Pros: works well around home live
Cons: no verberal or writen comunication between staff and departements
No comunication, Management unsteady and reliable, Flexable with live situations, and Layed back easy going.
Don't consider it.
Loader (Former Employee), Norwalk, ohMay 9, 2013
Cons: everything.
The supervisors desk on the dock had an empty case of beer by it. During my training (which the manager told my trainer "don't spend too much time training him, get your work done") my trainer would smoke pot inside of the trailers. I was forced to walk into unlit trailers and crawl over pallets, a snapped ankle waiting to happen. If OSHA or any other production oversight company were to come in this place, it would be shut down. My second day on the job there was a fist fight between two employees. Our supervisor threatened all of us that we better not report the fight so the two involved do not get fired. First thing I was told in my interview was the high turnover rate. Hmmm I wonder why?

R+L Carriers Salaries