R+L Carriers

R+L Carriers Employee Reviews

Productive, poor Managment
Forklift operations (Former Employee), Fife, WaJuly 15, 2015
Very productive there always something to do but very poor managment. A typical day was running a forklift all night. i learned more about forklifts and safety
productive nice workplace good hard working people.
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Montebello, CAJune 30, 2015
Typical day at work is get in clock in get my manifest get forklift and start my trailer.

i learned how to use the scanner on a forklift how to reweigh freight .

my coworkers are all good people never had a problem with anyone always helpful.

the hardest part of the job is when i get damaged freight and i have to reorganize the pallet.
Don't even think about working for this company! Bad bad bad!
Diesel mechanic/ shop foreman (Former Employee), Phoenix,azJune 27, 2015
Pros: Some of the coworkers
Cons: R&l as a whole
Worked as a diesel mechanic / shop foreman in the Phoenix ,az location.conditions are terrible.equipment is in horrible condition.the management is the worst I've ever worked for. Work for more than 8 hrs its straight time no time / half . This is company wide.they do not care about there employees at all just a number. Do yourself a favor stay away...unless you want to be miserable.
Not a premier company to work for. Unorganized and behind on technology
DISPATCH SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Ellenwood, GAJune 25, 2015
Pros: Pay is fair
Cons: Quality of the work-force is poor
A typical day is very stressful. I learned that you alway have to know who to blame things on, which is what management does. Co-workers are always frustrated and display a negative working attitude, and always complain. Most enjoyable part of the job was going home.
Good for short term.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Columbiana, OhioJune 15, 2015
This is a good company for short term, learn skills on forklifts, manifest and the culture of the warehouse industry. Most employees that work there are on a part-time schedule. If there were more full time positions available then they would have a higher review,
Shipping and Receiving
Dock worker (Former Employee), Ellenwood, GAJune 9, 2015
My job description was to weigh material and make the labels to go on the material. I would pull orders all day for each load that was be shipped
sucked as a trucking companie
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Salem, VAMay 11, 2015
Pros: good hhealth care
Cons: everything
I worked there up till i hurt my back didnt know where i hurt my back so i turned it into my health insurance an the company wouldn't work with me i was going to be out just for 8 weeks should have turned in under worker compensation.
Rushed all the time never was given time to get right hazardous signs on truck was rushed to hook pups up my trl was never loaded. Was given load at 830 an had to get hazardous signs go look for a truck usely had to wait on a truck an hook trls up an do a pretrip in 15 mins lol
what a joke to work for. An HR want help because they dont care.
Probably the worst LTL carrier in the business
driver (Former Employee), philadelphiaApril 21, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: just about everything
This company scraps the bottom when it comes to management and drivers. They'll take any people with a pulse ,because their reputation proceeds them. Safety is just a word to R and L . When the chips are down, safety's out the window. R and L always runs understaffed because they're cheap and don't care. The reason the grass is greener on R and L's side is because it is moldy and putrified.
Difficult But Fun
Billing Clerk (Current Employee), Elgin, ILMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Co-workers, paid breaks
Cons: hostile work environment, poor management
Throughout the time I have worked for R+L Carriers, there have been many changes; I do not mind change, but I do care how management handles change. I feel as if the entire management staff is corrupt and are out to "throw others under the bus" for their own needs and benefit. Needless to say, they are more concerned about their own well-being than the well-being of their employees. I have heard multiple conversations between supervisors about other employees; most of them include making fun of employees and degrading them behind their backs. Being in that kind of environment makes it hard to respect your superiors' authority. I feel that with better management, this company would be a lot better to work for. Human Resource calls really do not impact the work place as much as I think it should. Everything is "swept under the rug" and no one could care less about it. Honestly, the only reason I have stayed as long as I have, is because I fell in love with my co-workers. As much as we have to go through, we all stick together and create a family atmosphere. The driver's there and other office personnel are some of the best people you will find.
Professional and Productive
Oracle Apps Consultant (Former Employee), Wilmington, OHJanuary 30, 2015
Glad to be a part of the R+L team. The job offered a great opportunity to learn and grow professionally. The colleagues were helpful and supportive.
Awful.
Loader (Former Employee), Louisville, KYNovember 19, 2014
Pros: pay increases
Cons: everything else. safety especially! !
Lied to me about what hours I would work. It was probably the most unsafe place I've ever worked. Smoking was allowed around chemicals. None of the dock lights worked and employees were driving propane forklifts into dark trailers with chemicals on them with no idea of any leakage while SMOKING!! If OSHA came in they would be shut down! Management did not care. The supervisor was spitting dip on the dock while we worked. Absolutely horrible place to work. Just stay away! You can do better. It's not worth risking your life.
Warehouse
Dock Worker (Former Employee), Davenport, IANovember 13, 2014
Pros: pay rate
Cons: worked weekends
Work in a warehouse loading and unloading trucks in a nice environment with a good working staff.
Keep Moving
Dock Worker (Former Employee), Hatfield, PAOctober 26, 2014
Hard Work, busy work. Independent work.

Coworkers can make the work harder more then they can make it easier
R&L = acronym for Race and Liftgate
city p&d driver (Former Employee), Norristown terminal in Hatfield PaAugust 30, 2014
Pros: pay was good, home every night with a regular start time, trucks were loaded when you came in most days and never touched a forklift
Cons: no overtime pay
1st off as soon as I was hired for a city/p&d driver I found out I had to buy my own new pallet jack and hand truck which was deducted weekly out of my pay. I've worked at other ltl companies as a city/p&d driver and found out fast these people like to squeeze every last drop out of you worse than other companies with twice the size area of runs size with about 1/2 the drivers. 40 miles one way then 40 miles back it was nutzed and then you add all the liftgating in on top of all of it because their schtick is we deliver anything anytime anywhere it was hard to keep up everyday they ran you into the ground and then there goes your beeper being dispatched 40 miles away again to somebody that needs a pickup by 2:30 and its 2:00 still having to deliver 5 more stops in the current area! I was running 4 counties and they just didn't care to give you help so I got the heck out of there after 2 1/2 yrs of it. They just didn't realize how much time liftgating takes!!!! Other companies have 2-3 guys in an area not these people!
Run for your life from this company
Former employee (Former Employee), San Jose californiaAugust 13, 2014
Pros: can't think of any off the top of my head
Cons: where should i start
This terminal absolutely sucks. No moral what so ever. Terminal manager is like Teflon. Doesn't take responsibility for anything that goes wrong. He lets it slide of him and blames someone else. There is zero managerial skills at this terminal. Very late departures. Over worked and under paid. If you are a good driver you have to pick up the slack from all the other drivers.
Horrible place to work
Driver (Former Employee), Lexington, kyJune 29, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: everything else
Work you into the ground long 14 to 16 hr days you get personal days and vacation but management wont let you take off. Hostile work environment constantly on your back and being harrased and wrote up for everything. No home time with my family company comes first they treat you like they own you they dont care about you your just a number here dont work here! The only good thing is the pay and benefits.
Worst job ever
Dock (Current Employee), Montebello caJune 19, 2014
Cons: everything
Managers are never walking the dock
Favortism is out of control no dock housekeeping bathrooms are filthy they dont want to hire a gardner they rather have dock workers do it no employee appreciation they pick their favorites the equipment is poorly maintained dont ship with rl otherwise your freight will become trash
horrible
rep (Former Employee), lakelandJune 9, 2014
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: all
I got fired for being involved in a car accident. Ridiculous I even had a doctors note.
it's a job
Linehaul Driver (Current Employee), Lebanon, PAApril 28, 2014
I learned I should have gotten a better education when I was young
The hardest part is staying awake all night
Rip off
N/A (Current Employee), N/AMarch 16, 2014
Pros: having a job
Cons: expensive health care.no overtime pay.etc
After working with this company for about 2 years I found out they were under paying me.spoke to management and they basically said deal with it

1 2 3