R+L Carriers Employee Reviews

hardworking every day
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHMay 22, 2017
at the beginning of the shift I would get a run down on previous shift. I would answer rate quote calls and help employees with any questions they may run into. working with sales reps and customers on securing shipments with the company. I learned something new everyday from working for an expanding company. the hardest part of my job was handeling 10 people talking to me at once. On the phone, standing at my desk messaging me, emailing me, calling me on the intercom, on my cell, the radio.......
I enjoyed my job because I was able to be myself, have fun, be serious when I needed to , and I had a great crew that made the long hours not to bad to endure.
Pros
excellent benefits and a family oriented company
Good Solid Company
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Sauget, ILMay 19, 2017
Growing company when I was part of it. Even though they were a $1billion company it was still run very much like a small business with all the benefits and quirks that come with it.
very good place to work
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Fife, WAMay 17, 2017
overall enjoyed working there had a family emergency and had to leave state. loading and unloading trucks to make sure they got out on time. very cold on dock
good pay scale hard work good management
Pros
good pay
Cons
very cold on dock
Being a small office, I was 'hands on' for everything
Customer Service Representative/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMay 16, 2017
I enjoyed working there especially with the team I worked with. The Terminal Manager was GREAT!! If he needed something done, he knew he could count on me.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
No 'scheduled 'breaks'
Terrible Place to Work
Pre-Clerk, night shift (Former Employee) –  China Grove, NCMay 15, 2017
I worked for this company for less than 2 months. The manager of the night shift at the time was a drunkard and was actually made to resign after being carried out of work via ambulance because he was so drunk.
The pay was minimal, $9/hr for starting clerical position. They installed a new system that caused most of the part-timers to lose their jobs. I went in for 2 weeks for only 2hrs a day and resigned the next week when they told me things would only get worse.
Why would you hire 4 new office workers just to have to tell them you have no work for them after the new system came?
Cons
Terrible Management, No HR to be heard of, no female advancement... ever.
Productive place to work, still room for improvement
CDL - A Driver (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJMay 14, 2017
Typical can be fast paced pending on how busy it is. Equipment is above average, routing is satisfactory, dispatching needs improvement, management at times can be fair and understanding. Hardest part of the job is sometimes dealing with the long hours due in part because of some bad decisions made by dispatch. The pay was good.
Pros
Pay, company owned resorts
Cons
Lower level leadership
pretty good part time job
Fork truck operator (Former Employee) –  Sauget, ILMay 10, 2017
I liked r&l but I never could get hired on full time and as I began to get more production they just gave me more work.. more work same pay and some people would get say 20 bills a night I would 43 and we got paid the samw
Company
Assistant Terminal/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Kearny, NJMay 9, 2017
It is a good company to work for. The employees are dedicated and hardworking. Benefits are good and up to industry standards (401k, medical insurance etc.)
Fun
Billing Specialist & Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 4, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of greeting customers over the phone, locating shipments, billing and Data entry. The most enjoyable part of the day was greeting the drivers of the shipments.
Pros
Fast Paced
Cons
Not enough training
You have to buy your own pallet jack, and no O.T. Lol
LTL City Driver (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, OHMay 1, 2017
This company is "family owned" which doesn't mean what you think it might. They are out for them, not you, you do not matter to these people, all that matters is you deliver and pick up your freight. Kiss your family life goodbye, these people think they own you. By the way, you are required to work a minimum of 10 hours a day, it is in the handbook. Best part is, THEY WON'T PAY YOU OVERTIME EVER, through some stupid loophole. This company has no integrity. Oh yeah, you have to by your own pallet-jack to move their freight, so when you quit, and you will, you will be stuck with a pallet jack that is useless to you.
Pros
I own my own pallet jack, I guess???
Cons
No overtime, way to many hours, I am stuck with a $350 pallet jack!!!
stay away
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHApril 29, 2017
Typical workday....management needs to be trained properly to teach the employees. This company is great if your a driver or buddy -buddy with the higher ups would not advise seeking employment there.
Pros
none really
Cons
have to sign out to use restromm amnd can not go until your name is called
Great people to work with!
Freight Handler (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLApril 26, 2017
Culture and enviroment is fun and highly energetic! Management can use a bit of straightening up though: where they stand out in communication and support they lack in understanding what the worker desires and needs.
great workplace
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CAApril 25, 2017
R+l is a great freight company with great staff always friendly and nice. I love working here I plan to work here as long as I can. I do plan on moving forward maybe finding another job in a different work place
Pros
free r+l gear
Cons
short breaks
Great Place to work
Corporate Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, OHApril 24, 2017
A typical day is securing the company and monitoring cameras and making sure people are in a safe working enviroment. The company has good and bad management depends on the department you are in diverse work place. Alot of phones calls good and bad. Most enjoyable part of the job is the people.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Communcation
ok
Technician Class C (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, PAApril 21, 2017
Good place to start. The company really pays well 10 hours. They work you hard there was never time for training. But overall enjoyed the work and the management.
Excellent job to sell out some time and make some money.
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIApril 20, 2017
Excellent job to sell out some time and make some money. Best money I have ever made in my life. Only downside was that it took literally all of my time away from me.
Pros
excellent money
Cons
work a lot of hours
Productive and Effective
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TNApril 15, 2017
Being employed at RL Carriers was a great job as far as the hours and the work ethic, however production got slow toward a difficult time so the hours worked weren't efficiently covering the amount I needed for my family and I to survive.
Pros
AM shift, good benefits
Cons
slow production, decrease of hours
Decent place to work.
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Kearny, NJApril 15, 2017
The location of the worksite and the shift worked poses issues from a traffic standpoint that would affect anyone working there.People were friendly and helpful but safety was a must and being late would eventually lead to you being replaced.
Pros
Plenty of coffee and safety gear.
Cons
Tardiness is monitored closely and inexcusable.
Good
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NJApril 13, 2017
Exciting, challenging. It's a busy company that keeps me motivated. Although it's a part time job the pay is excellent. I offload trailers during my shift and handle merchandise and stage it at its final destination or dock door.. I've learned that each and every single merchandise has it's own dock door and what state it's going to be ship to. My supervisors are friendly never had no issues with any of them. The hardest part of my job is when I have to offload, long steel beams. The best thing about my job, is getting the work done in a timely matter and all my trailers are offloaded and staged or loaded in it's correct staging door.
Not reccommended
Credit/Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHApril 13, 2017
Great place to work if you are a driver. All other support staff, poorly paid, little to no opportunity for advancement. This is the headquarters location but has facilities nationwide.
Pros
Great opportunity for drivers
Cons
No opportunity for any position other than driver

Ask a question about working or interviewing at R+L Carriers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9