R+L Carriers Employee Reviews

Stressful environment
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAMarch 26, 2017
The work life balance was stressful. No benefits. No advancement. Salary was unacceptable. Management had poor communication. The work was decent, however, it was labored without a decent salary.
A normal day at R+L Carriers
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAMarch 23, 2017
- Unloading inbound shipments safely and move freight to storage locations. Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate areas. - Making sure inbound and outbound freight is secure and free of damage before putting it in is appropriate areas. - Pull and prepare product for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped. Perform picking duties in an efficient manner that meets customer service. - Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area for OSHA standards
Miss load driver's truck
Linehaul / Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLMarch 20, 2017
Run driver's ragged . Hard to take a day off (Even when you have over 3 weeks of vacation time). Lot of favoritism for certain drivers. Dispatcher get upset if you call with an issue.
Great Family owned company
Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 9, 2017
This company is constantly trying to over come business operations, sometimes for the better of employees, sometimes not. Overall I would recommend anyone to the company
benefits
Cons
lack of advancement
Would not recommend customer service if considering R&L
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHMarch 2, 2017
This place was a nightmare, people drop like flies out of this department, they can't keep it fully staffed even though they are constantly training new hires...the job isn't hard, you deal with a lot of mean people but they aren't half as bad as the management, management is under qualified and over all under educated. Upon telling my boss we could really fix the stigma in there and people would want to stay (as the job really is EASY) to which he replied "there is no astigmatism in this office" and implied that it was rude to use big words. They prefer their staff scared... and because of the STIGMA, other departments don't want to hire from customer service. There is little to no growth at this position, and on top of ALL of that, the hours are terrible and the pay is even worse. (Benefits + insurance aren't great)
Pros
Cafeteria, friendly coworkers
Cons
Management, benefits, work environment
Scary
Unloader/Loader (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, PAMarch 1, 2017
Was there only three days after seeing how things worked on the dock and how stupid some of the people are it's no wonder freight gets damaged. Forklifts flying around everywhere very little horn use and osha would have a ball with this place.
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
Very poor managment, lack of trained personal.
Just to stay afloat
Driver (Former Employee) –  San Lorenzo, CAFebruary 28, 2017
This is a company to just stay afloat. No OT pay, 401k after 1 year, medical benefits very expensive, you share your truck with the line driver almost every day and trucks keep braking down. Awful management but great dispatcher.
Pros
Start pay 28.07
Cons
No OT pay, 401k
good coworkers but poor upper managment
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 13, 2017
trailer to trailer loading and unloading
deadlines for certain trailers through out the shift
no overtime pay
typical hours are around 50 hours a week 5- 10 hour shifts
Low paying job and night shift
Biller (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 13, 2017
The pay is not good and it was night shift. Other than that it was an ok job other than the girl that worked day shift that I didn't particularly like.
Pros
i liked pretty much doing my own thing
Cons
the pay and hours
A decent work environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAFebruary 12, 2017
Pretty okay job need more than part- time only could work 6 hours a day but 5 days a week you'll be unloading and loading trucks
Pros
Decent job
Cons
Only have part-time for newcomers which one
Ok if you just need a job
Regional Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 10, 2017
Hardly any vacation time. Not the best place to work. Not the most ethical place to work. Culture at headquarters is poor. Ownership is very set in their way.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor benefits
Transportation
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 10, 2017
Account Executive. Finding Customers and moving loads. Lots of internal competition. Underpaid. It's too entry level for my skill-set and the commissions are too vague. It's a typical logistics position.
Awesome people to work with, not so awesome shop manager
Trailer Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Sauget, ILFebruary 7, 2017
This place was awesome to work at. Regardless of shift there was always plenty to do but also came with some awesome incentives. The whole terminal was entered into all types of giveaways and the company owns three vacation spots that were free to stay at only food and travel was required.
Awsome Employees, Great work environment
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAFebruary 7, 2017
The five months I've worked this company was nothing but family. That's how they treat you. The only thing was when I had to move back to Vancouver/Portland area, I couldn't transfer. They're were no openings at the Portland Terminal. They took care of your needs, as for me a veteran I got my days off to travel to Drill one week a month. In this company the employee comes first. When you're employees are happy, you're customers are too.
Pros
Weekly paycheck
Cons
N/A
Lots of unpaid work time & expensive benifits
Linehaul Driver (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MNFebruary 5, 2017
Management and supervisors were fantastic. Very low key work environment. Over all it was a good job except for the low pay and expensive benefits. Also there was a lot of unpaid time. Waiting at turns, origin breakdowns, hook and drops, and other things that are out of the drivers control were all unpaid.
Pros
Low key, short nights unless you want extra work.
Cons
low pay and pour benefits.
Great Company
Shop Foreman (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJFebruary 4, 2017
I enjoyed working for them, but the commute was to much, and to expensive. At the time gas prices were at an all time high and it made it difficult to get to and from.
Pros
Great personnel
Cons
Gas prices
Dock loader
Dock loader (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHFebruary 3, 2017
The 3rd shift hours were horrible, but I enjoyed my job. I worked there for almost 8 years and was already at my highest level of pay, that didn't seem fair. With that said I would return if needed to.
Shiney Package
Line Haul Driver (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MNJanuary 31, 2017
Overhaul appearance is good and direct management is fair. Upper management however is extremely poor and seems not to care for it's workers, there safety, environment and equipment. Health and retirement benefits were good, but beyond that needs improvement.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Equipment and Yard maintenance
Good Employer
Long Haul Truck Driver / Pickup & Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Lehigh Acres, FLJanuary 30, 2017
R&L supplied me with a well paying job and sufficient hours to maintain a full work week. Management worked with me to provide me with sufficient hours to maintain a full work week.
Loved this job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  China Grove, NCJanuary 20, 2017
I really liked this job more less the coworkers fun job to work cold in the winter hot in the summer but no complaints just wanted to make more money so I chose to get my cdl and start driving trucks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at R+L Carriers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9