R+L Global Logistics Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Questionable ethics
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 4, 2014
Great pay, but not an honest company to their employees. Pretty much just cold calling all day.
Fast paced Freight Forwarder offering multiple services and modes in both the international and domestic arena.
Director of International Services (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 1, 2013
Daily responsibilities varied from day to day but most days included handling inquiries from multiple offices within our network ranging from quoting, routing, vendor issues, compliance with government regulations or destination questions regarding our overseas network. Other duties included but were not limited to accounting questions, software questions/queries, audits and business development.

During my time at R+L I was able to learn how to handle all aspects of the freight forwarding industry covering imports & exports, ocean and air as well as regulatory compliance and sales / business development.

Middle management was knowledgeable and very committed to doing what was needed to grow the company but also provide the level of customer service expected by our clients.

Biggest challenge was the flow of information from the field to/from upper management. Continuing to support the field with a healthy corporate message.

Providing the support and expertise the international team needed on a daily basis and building the relationships with our overseas partners developing new business opportunities.