Performs professional quality engineering assignments of considerable complexity under general direction as to work details. Work involves the application of engineering principles in the development and administration of quality procedures and techniques to assure the products meet or exceed company standards.
- Designs, installs and continually evaluates complex Quality Assurance and/or control methods and systems and evaluates fixtures and processes to ensure the continuing maintenance of product quality and reliability. Develops standards and procedures to provide quality guidance and methods
- Analyses reports to determine quality trends and recommends corrective actions. Provides technical guidance to lower level personnel in interrelated operations to assist, solve problems and assure optimum product performance. Monitors production and test activities for compliance with quality/reliability standards
- Issues inspection instructions to define parameters to be checked on assemblies and final product. Performs quality audits of all processes including manufacturing processes and controls, and test equipment calibration and makes appropriate recommendations
- Performs floor support in matters of quality acceptance criteria.
Prepares various management reports and documentation as necessary
- Maintains study of new technology, testing, and reporting techniques. May perform other tasks as assigned. Must work well under pressure; meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines and at all times demonstrate cooperative behavior with all colleagues and supervisors.
Education, Training & Skills
- BS Degree in Manufacturing / Electrical / Mechanical Engineering
- IPC-A-610 Certified.
- Bachelors Degree, and a minimum of five years experience in a related manufacturing environment.
- 5 to 7 years Engineering Environment
Knowledge and Technical Skills:
- Technical or industry-specific job knowledge
- Complete understanding of Quality Techniques.
- Judgement and analytical conceptualization abilities
- Ability to track and disseminate information quickly and accurately.
- Ability to proactively develop new ideas/methodologies
- Self-motivated and results orientated. Willing to accept inputs from manufacturing and evaluate and implement when applicable.
- Verbal / written, negotiation skills, presentation skills, etc.
- Exhibit excellent written / verbal skills. Negotiation skills are a must. Proven ability to interact with the customer / supplier.
- Coaching, Mentoring, performance management responsibilities
- Provide leadership, development and guidance to QA personnel.
Other Job Requirements:
- Travel foreign language competence, etc.
- Must be willing to travel as necessary.
SUPERVISION OR DIRECTION EXERCISED
- Function independently in order to accomplish assigned projects. Refer unusual problems to supervisor.
- Supervise: assign work to be done, methods used and take responsibility for all of the group's work.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
- The job requires standing and walking to maintain SMT production lines.
- Required to lift and load parts inputted into the SMT and Wave Solder Machines. Able to lift 20lbs.
- Sight 20 / 20 intricate sight detail required. Must be able to hear machine alarms. Excellent hearing and vision required with or without corrective aids and lenses. Must be capable of written and verbal communication.
- Must use safe working techniques.
- Normal industry environmental conditions.
Keywords: AS9100 (Aero Space), ISO9001 (Reg.), ISO13485 (Medical), Kaizen, FMEA (Failure Mode Effects Analysis), root causes analysis, SCAR (Suppliers Corrective Action Request), CAPA(Corrective and Preventive Action), RMA, six sigma, lean, MRB (Material Review Board), corrective actions, preventive actions, customer quality engineer, supplier quality engineer, QA, QC, SPC (Statistical Processing Control), process control, failure analysis, FA,