The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Leading a small team of software engineers providing sustaining engineering and new product features with solution sets consisting of RF mesh network, mission critical communication products for the smart grid industry. Coordinate work with outside consultants and contractors.
- Examining and re-architecting existing proprietary wireless digital communications platforms
- Leading software architecture development as well as migration paths from existing proprietary * * Managing, tracking, and resolving ongoing customer support needs
- Responsible for product software configuration management, software release process, and overall development lifecycle strategy
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
-BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience; MS degree preferred
-Over 10 years of experience in design and development of real-time, mission critical RF communication software, including:
- Software development team leadership and contractor/consultant coordination
- Thorough knowledge of all layers of the communication stack including Media Access Control (MAC), transport and networking/routing protocols, especially those based on Internet Protocol (IP).
- Design, coding, testing verification, validation and support of real-time embedded digital communication software and algorithms.
- C language implementation of communication products on complex platforms consisting of control processors, DSP processors and FPGAs.
- Excellent working knowledge of commonly used techniques and tools for SNMP-based network management and monitoring.
- Software integration and integration testing of complex communication systems including bench and field testing.
- Embedded Linux platforms
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
-Some supervisory experience preferred
-Additional experience preferred: ARM7 and ARM9 general purpose processors; fixed-point TI Digital Signal Processing (DSP) chips/cores; mesh topology routing protocols, such as AODV; platform migration and board support package development; rf transceiver design using Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs); User Interface software development experience under Windows Visual Studio 201
Indeed - 14 months ago