At present, we have an excellent opportunity for an experienced web / computer programmer within our IT department at our corporate headquarters located in Hauppauge, NY.
We are seeking an additional person in order to expand our company's online presence.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Participate in ongoing programming projects.
- Building and updating current websites.
- Improve search engine optimization aspects.
- Design new company landing pages.
- Improve UI and UX for ongoing projects.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, highly organized with the ability to multi-task.
- Programming knowledge in Visual Studio (2010 minimum), C#, PHP, CSS, HTML.
- Working with MS SQL, MySQL databases.
- Knowledge of search engine optimization.
- Familiarity with social networking media.
- Computer graphics skills (Photoshop) and web pictures / graphic optimization are a plus.
- Basic knowledge of electronic components is very helpful but not required.
For over 64 years R&J Components Corp. has been assisting organizations fulfill their electronic component needs and requirements. As a privately owned and operated business, we have actively managed the growth of our company since it was founded in 1948. During this time, our team has gained extensive knowledge of the electronics industry and its vast network of participants. Our 100,000 square feet of warehouse space allows us to maintain an inventory greater than 380,000 line items. As a franchised stocking distributor R&J Components buys direct from over 100 of the industries leading manufacturers.
Type: Summer internship
Functions: Information Technology