R&L Carriers

R&L Carriers Employer Reviews

Billing Clerk
Billing Clerk (Former Employee), Wilmington, OHJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: yearly raise
Cons: billing clerks!
Job itself isn't bad but the co-workers are horrible people who will make you look bad to improve their standings with management. Only apply if you liked catty girls in highschool.
nice place to work
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Norwalk, OHJanuary 2, 2015
Everyone was friendly and easy to get along with and the job was simple.
Worst Company To Work For
Custodian (Former Employee), Wilmington, OHJanuary 1, 2015
Cons: worst company i ever worked for
It was extremely hostile. I got cussed at least 3 times a week , had my life threaten, had fellow co works mix chemicals together leaving a note these where chemicals I was aloud to use, I got sick from the use of them. The straw that broke the camels back was a co work drawn up a fist and swung on me, I defended myself. Quit the next day.
Good experince
Customer Service (Former Employee), Sauget, ILDecember 29, 2014
worked well with employees and their needs. would def recommend
desent place to work
Loader (Former Employee), Wilmington, OHDecember 28, 2014
R&L Carriers was a nice place to work, it would be better if they paid time and a half for any thing over 40 hours, but their pay scale wasn't to bad.
The terminal manager was a joke
Outbound Freight Loader (Former Employee), Davenport, IADecember 2, 2014
Cons: new terminal manager
I worked for R&L carriers in davenport Iowa for a little over 3 years and loved every minute of it, my supervisor was awesome, the drivers were all awesome and the former terminal manager was actually pretty cool. Then a new terminal manager came into the picture and drivers started leaving left and right and the job wasn't enjoyable anymore.
Good environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Davenport IANovember 13, 2014
most days are the same.
pay is not great and increases are very few and far between
treated badly here
billing (Former Employee), wilmingtonOctober 21, 2014
Pros: easy job, could charge lunch on your badge and it come out of your paycheck
Cons: low pay, management that does not listen or try to find out truth
worked in billing. Job was easy, money was a joke. Worked four years and got a 50 cent raise in that four year period. Had to work one full year at part time before could put in for full time. Had a girl in our department that ran to HR and told stories all the time. Kept being called down and screamed at because they believed this girl was a "christian" and would not tell lies. Finely got tired of being called into HR all the time and walked out. They would not listen to anything and had cameras on you all the time so they could have pulled the cameras and seen that the girl was lieing that she was being harrassed as no one messed with her because of her lies, but they listened to her. After several people left there because of her they finely fired her for missing work. Go figure. Bad place to have to put up with that for no more money than you got.
I worked for this place in Muskogee.
P&D Driver /Loader (Former Employee), Muskogee, OkOctober 13, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: everything else
The company itself is not a bad company but, they are also not what they seem. This particular terminal has a new terminal manager that is not very pleasant to work for. The pay is good but, the job is very demanding and although you have no control over product arriving at the terminal on time you are still expected to get the product loaded on time. It is impossible to load something that is not there yet you take all the heat. I would definitely not take it for all the glory that is sure to be spoken about it. In theory it is great but, there is more to it than meets the eye.
fun environment
Receptionist/Night Cashier (Former Employee), Arlington, TNSeptember 16, 2014
This job was my favorite out of all the jobs I have ever had. I was given the opportunity to come up with new and easier ways to keep up with drivers. I loved and was always able to get along with all the truck drivers, which is sometimes not easy if you are a woman.
Very productive and stay busy all day
Dock worker (Current Employee), wichita, ksSeptember 4, 2014
I get to work and get freight paperwork then use a forklift to load and unload freight.the day goes by fast and management is awsome great coworkers makes work fun.The hardest part i would say is the heat. most enjoyable about the work day is that everyone works as a team and accomplish a lot by the end of the day.
DRAMA
Office Assistant and Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Lakeland,flSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: extremely easy work.
Cons: drama, childish.
If you are not a "vet" for r&l they automatically target you..its a lot of high school drama there. they treat you like children there.
not bad but could be better
Line Haul Driver (Current Employee), China Grove, NCAugust 5, 2014
Needs updated to the 21st Century. Old equipment and old way of doing paperwork needs to be updated
fast pacced enviorment
Forklift operator (Former Employee), Elgin, ILAugust 4, 2014
preform a pre forklift inspection befor starting shift. load/unload freight at a rapid pace.. clean warehouse, lock dock doors..
Working with productive coworkers
Billing Clerk (Former Employee), Pleasant Valley, MOJuly 25, 2014
Job wasn't challenging my full potential and the position was only offered part time.
Senior Billing Clerk (Former Employee), Wilmington, ohJuly 8, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: very low starting pay.
Lots of room for advancement. Decent raises. Nice work setting.
a great warehouse job
Dock Worker (Former Employee), West Sacramento, CAJuly 7, 2014
I really enjoyed working here. I enjoy driving forklift. If giving the opportunity I would work here again
fast paced enviornment and friendly people
Pre- Clerk (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 1, 2014
A typical day of work consists mostly of typing and answering phones. I learned how to work better with the keyboard. The most difficult task was actually locating lost packages.
Repetitive work yet still entertaining
Forklift operator (Current Employee), Alexandria, INJune 8, 2014
Pros: fixed, predictable work schedule, no experience necessary, paid training.
Cons: no breaks within our 6 hour shifts, little appreciation, working in conditions similar to outside temperatures.
A typical day at work involves marking freight in an inbound trailer with pertinent information, and taking that freight to its intended destination to be loaded into an outbound trailer. I have developed excellent forklift operation skills, keen peripheral vision, and as a by-product I am now better at geography. Management is kind of so-so. They are all nice people but many of them do not show appreciation for our hard work often enough. The co-workers are all fun people. However, there is a lot of swearing and insulting/jokes flying around every day. The hardest part of the job would be trying to get specific freight to its destination on time so that the trailer can leave on time. When we have multiple pieces of freight that need to be taken at one point it can get stressful and confusing. The most enjoyable part of the job is simply driving the forklift. It is much more enjoyable than constantly sitting or constantly standing like at other businesses.
good place to work just trying to better myself
service bay/ driver (Current Employee), Wilmington, OHJune 3, 2014
Pros: good pay for our area
Cons: our healthcare is not very good and seams to get worse every year
at work a 500am check with management for job duties for that day may be driving or servicing trucks never know always an adventure work til at least 430 or completion of job the management here is very fair with there employees the co-workers that have been there awhile are good people seams like the new hires are young and dont want to work for there money they want it handed to them the hardest part of the job is dealing with the young new hires they seam lazy you have to go around and pick up the slack to get the jobs done for the day the most enjoyable is payday lol also getting to go to diffrent places for the company spent 6 months going back and forth to califorina delerving trucks and equipment to other terminale

1 2 3 4