The Landscape Designer/Office Administrator will be responsible for the conceptualization, illustration, and modeling of both 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional landscape designs. This individual will be heavily involved in the design process site measurement, design, revision, and implementation of the concept. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated creativity AND functionality in high-end residential and commercial design/build projects. This individual will also be responsible for day-to-day administrative tasks including answering telephones, data entry, and basic accounting.
Activities in a typical workweek (Include but are not limited to):
1. 20-30 hours per week will be spent drawing in CAD and/or 3D modeling software.
2. Occasional pre, during, and post-construction visits will be necessary for quality assurance purposes.
3. Regular meetings with sales manager/sales staff for brainstorming and collaboration.
4. Collecting and entering data into QuickBooks.
5. Input data from production crews into tracking software.
6. Basic customer service activities a must!
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED/PREFERRED
1. Ideal candidate will have fundamental knowledge of CAD software and/or Google SketchUp.
2. A basic understanding of horticulture and design principles desired.
3. Ideal candidate will have previous customer service experience.
4. Associate’s degree in horticulture or landscape architecture field preferred.