R & L Carriers

R & L Carriers Employer Reviews

Good place to work.
City driver (Current Employee), Columbiana OhioNovember 14, 2014
Pros: great pay. weekends off.
Cons: no overtime pay.
I have only been here a short time but the money is right and you can get 40 plus hours a week. If you can work 10 to 12 hours a day without being a baby about it this is the place for you. It's a good job that yes some people hate and some people love. I recommend working here. I had no experience in ltl and they hired me and trained me. Any questions – more... I have they freely answer without any problems. – less
Great people to work for
Local pick up and deliveries (Former Employee), Wilmington, OHOctober 15, 2014
Pros: the money is great
Cons: nothing to work 12 to 14 hour days without fail
The job is really easy but a lot of stress to go with it but other than that great place to work at.
easy going job unfortunately no overtime pay
Dockman (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 14, 2014
The job itself is fairly easy and the pay is not bad. I worked as a city loader for two years and had the position down to the "t" The hardest part I found was the hours for the shifts and balancing your family and activities. Most of the coworkers are easy to get along with and good guys.
R&L
Dock Worker/Loader (Current Employee), Wilmington, OHJuly 28, 2014
The job its self is great but the environment around you is micromanaged and the benefits are not good. The part-time employees make more then the full-time employees which should be the other way around you know.
ok place to work sure isn't the best
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJuly 18, 2014
out of 5 bosses only 1 is great and understanding some of the co-workers is very hard to get along with some of them you just won't to knock out and 2of the bosses are on drugs
Fast pace. Time passes fast.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Neenah WIJuly 17, 2014
Cons: no time for breaks
Time go by fast as there is always something going on. I have learned how to properly load and unload freight trailers and how to run a sit down forklift.
Very hostile environment, non-professional
Appointment Clerk (Former Employee), Burlington, NJJune 29, 2014
Call all customers in appointment sue to schedule appointments for their incoming freight.
Take incoming calls, enter pick ups and track freight.

Part time great hours and decent pay. Lacked management and very hostile employees.
Fast paced enviroment with consistent routes
Class A CDL Driver (Current Employee), Aurora, COMay 21, 2014
Pros: full-time employment, employee resorts
Cons: does not pay overtime
A typical day consists of 9 am start time with multiple stop deliveries and appointment times. This is a very fast paced job with high awareness and attentiveness to detail. I'm constantly growing in and out of work and expressively open with co-workers and likewise. I believe communication is key to any operation.
Better than and OTR Job.
Class A CDL Driver LTL (Former Employee), OHMay 7, 2014
Pros: steady work
Cons: no overtime
LTL p/u and Delv. Some Line Haul. Average work day was 10 plus hours. Typical truck driver drama to deal with. Steady work even thru the slow season.
Collections Representative
Collections Representative (Former Employee), Wilmington, OHMay 5, 2014
Pros: prizes at christmas
Cons: once a year raises, management had click with certain people and treated part of the department as pions
Busy phone lines, irate customers, sometimes irate drivers, but I would get the issue resolved so the truck driver could go to the next business. Enjoyed my co-workers.
Fast paced job that made you think.
Receptionist / Pre-Clerk (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLApril 9, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: no advancement
A typical day at work I would come in, sit at my desk, index, answer phones, and input data. I learned how to work with multiple programs and a lot of things about the freight industry.
I couldn't ask for better management and coworkers, they are the most enjoyable part of my job. The hardest part is facing the fact there is no advancement there.
Learned a lot about the LTL industry.
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Colonial Heights, VAJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: pay was decent
Cons: no training system.
Did not have a great training system, basicly told me here are the loads that are coming in and here is what you have to send them out with.
Fun place to work
Pre-scan Clerk (Former Employee), West Columbia, SCJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: unstressful environment
Cons: part-time position
A typical day consisted of scanning documents and answering phones. I learned how to scan. Management and co-workers we a pleasure to work with. Working the evening shift was the hardest part but the most enjoyable was that it was quiet.
Overall great place to work
Fork Lift Driver (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 6, 2014
I usually start my day by unloading 2-3 trucks before the routes are finished. When they are done I move to loading between 8-10 trucks with about 13 stops each.
Billing Clerk/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Colonial Heights, VAJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: the people at the jobs and meeting customers
Cons: part-time
Everyday was fun and enjoyable with the truck drivers and staff.
Good job
Dock Worker (Current Employee), Elgin, ILNovember 5, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: deal with the cold weather
well paid part time job,hardest part of the job is in the winter,it is very cold.The good thing about this job is there is something to do at all times to help you not think about how cold or hot it is.
Its a decent place to work
P & D Driver (Current Employee), Kearny, NJNovember 4, 2013
Pros: tips
Cons: no overtime pay
Alot of good coworkers,lots of hour good management..........................................................
THE WORST JOB I EVER HAD
Line Haul Driver (Former Employee), NEWARK NJAugust 30, 2013
SIT AROUND FOR ONE OR TWO HOURS A DAY NOT GETTING PAID WAITING FOR A LOAD TO TAKE OUT. THE TRUCKS ARE OLD AND BEAT UP AND UNSAFE A MISERABLE PLACE TO WORK
A trucking company. Lots of work to do.
Pickup & Delivery Clerk (Former Employee), Colonial Heights, VAJuly 23, 2013
Pros: nice people for the most part.
Cons: short lunch and sometimes no lunch depending on who you are in the ompany.
Most part good people. Has 3 shifts to work. No many woman there. A lot of supervisors not enough workers. Not a bad place to work but not a great place either.
I would get there at 2am work on getting city drives delivery bills set up for manifest form with outbound supervisors. While doing the paperwork for the line haul drivers to get on the road. – more... I would also answer calls, track shipment, do paperwork for the mechanic shop, filing, data entry for manifest exceptions, scan forms, do supply room inventory, and several other things a day. I would have a 30min lunch at 5am. I would leave at 1030am.
Most of the co-worker were good people and did not give me any problems. A few gave me problems because I was a woman. For the most part management left you alone as long as your job was getting done. They did not take good care of problems between employees. The hours where the hardest part of the job and not getting any reconnection for doing good work. I liked that I was alone most of the time in the office. I loved the paperwork and talking with drivers about where they live. – less
Fantastic Company
Senior Billing Clerk (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJuly 6, 2013
Great Benefits! Family Oriented, great people, alot of fun!

About R & L Carriers

R+L Carriers wants to add your freight to its trucks. The company provides freight transportation and logistics services throughout – Read more