R & L Carriers Employee Reviews

Once you invest time in, good pay
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVJanuary 11, 2016
It was a good job for what I needed. too hot during the summer time though. too much drama from the truck drivers and supervisors.
Terrible company
Team driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 1, 2016
Stay away from R&l carriers they will put anything on your dac report that they can. They gave me a chargeable accident for trailer skirt coming off while driving down the road. Also you are not sure what your pay is they pay by the load and vary from terminal to terminal so no one can tell you what run pays. Stay away. Hey if you don't care about your career or pay you hey this is the company for you. Management don't not support you in anything and you are only a driver code and a truck number here. Management and dispatch will not help you with anything don't nobody know nothing here. Also they are not up to date with technology it's very lengthy paper work process.
Pros
Off 2 days
Cons
Busy Transportation Company with lots to learn.
Lead City Dispatcher / Outbound Dock Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAOctober 4, 2015
Numbers driven company, it's all about the numbers, run a good BPH (bills per hour), you look good. Found it hard to get promoted. High phone volume and not enough support to handle it and still expected to perform at expected level. General office politics with big company, but that's expected. Did learn a lot from the people I work/worked with. I have grown professionally with my time at R & L Carriers.
Pros
Comapny owned Resorts for employee use
Cons
Very High Stress with little support from upper Mgnt.
productive
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLSeptember 29, 2015
great place easy going fun work environment . good people. good company. nice management. busy fast paced fun job . good. good. good.
company is NOT a fun company to work for.
Dock Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TexasSeptember 9, 2015
Company doesn't care much for their employees. Management has no structure. they will not provide company policy in handbook form. company claims to have a no punishment policy but does not practice it. company does not take action when management makes threats to dock employees concerning their well-being and/or employment.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Bad Work Environment
good company
Driver (Former Employee) –  columbiana,ohSeptember 4, 2015
liked working for them, they had old trucks and trailers but heard new was on the way. money was good only downfall was i was extra board driver so the hours werent always there
A typical day at work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 12, 2015
I would go out on the dock every morning and look over OSD issues that were in my area, and would then come in and work a switch board, and start working on reports for claims. I really enjoyed the fast paced and friendly atmosphere that R&L carrier offered. I had to leave due to personal reasons, and I'm still very close to several of the associates and members of management. Great company to work for.
Pros
Health care benifits, friendly work enviroment, encourged to learn and grow with in the company.
Change in Management
Regional Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 4, 2015
Change in Management has caused this company some issue with integrate, in need of company driver to handle work level to continue level of service
Great Job
Transportation and Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  san antonio txApril 3, 2015
Loved the people and loved to work there. I really love the fact that you are your own boss and work at your pace to get job done
Pros
great work and pay
Cons
No overtime
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TNMarch 26, 2015
Good place to work, could use more modern automation. Work 10-12 hours per day, making it hard to see family. They gave me a good orientation and time to learn how things work. I am a operations supervisor and am frequently on the forklift, which I don't think I should be. But I do like many of the co-workers and we work hard as a team. It is not a job for the faint or weak, it is hard work. I lost 30 pounds the first summer I worked there.
Pros
autonomous work
Cons
rarely get to take lunch break, needs more automation
This place as a mechanic was fun
Truck Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Cicero, ILJanuary 22, 2015
Supervisor was great will defend you from what can happen if you mess up.at least will tell you and make you correct it the right way.employes where great and fun to be with.just little to far that's why I left. I would go back if I get chance too
Pros
good pay.good people.good equipment
Cons
too far for me.
Wide spread company
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Wide spread company with slim chance of advancement. Management wasn't the friendliest, but they were well organized. What I didn't like was I always felt like I never had enough to do.
Workplace
Billing Clerk/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAJanuary 17, 2015
Enjoyed working with public. The other staff members was very friendly and made coming to work very enjoyable.
Cons
i was part time
work enviroment
Operations Manger (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 3, 2014
Great place to work, They promote from within, Very Family oriented, Great benefits, Was a pleasure working there.
Good place to work.
City driver (Current Employee) –  Columbiana OhioNovember 14, 2014
I have only been here a short time but the money is right and you can get 40 plus hours a week. If you can work 10 to 12 hours a day without being a baby about it this is the place for you. It's a good job that yes some people hate and some people love. I recommend working here. I had no experience in ltl and they hired me and trained me. Any questions I have they freely answer without any problems.
Pros
great pay. weekends off.
Cons
no overtime pay.
Great people to work for
Local pick up and deliveries (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHOctober 15, 2014
The job is really easy but a lot of stress to go with it but other than that great place to work at.
Pros
the money is great
Cons
nothing to work 12 to 14 hour days without fail
easy going job unfortunately no overtime pay
Dockman (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 14, 2014
The job itself is fairly easy and the pay is not bad. I worked as a city loader for two years and had the position down to the "t" The hardest part I found was the hours for the shifts and balancing your family and activities. Most of the coworkers are easy to get along with and good guys.
R&L
Dock Worker/Loader (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, OHJuly 28, 2014
The job its self is great but the environment around you is micromanaged and the benefits are not good. The part-time employees make more then the full-time employees which should be the other way around you know.
ok place to work sure isn't the best
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 18, 2014
out of 5 bosses only 1 is great and understanding some of the co-workers is very hard to get along with some of them you just won't to knock out and 2of the bosses are on drugs
Fast pace. Time passes fast.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Neenah WIJuly 17, 2014
Time go by fast as there is always something going on. I have learned how to properly load and unload freight trailers and how to run a sit down forklift.
Cons
no time for breaks