NOC Analyst – Enterprise Software
R Systems Solutions Inc. (RSSI) is seeking a Network Operations Center Analyst who directly interfaces with on call engineers, to isolate and resolve issues and alerts while monitoring the network environment, relative to the Good Technology product.
R Systems Solutions supports an Enterprise solution for mobile messaging. The candidate will be expected to utilize their prior experience and be familiar with escalating issues and following through to resolution. We’re seeking talented individuals that can work a set schedule, supporting a 24/7 environment. This will most likely be a 4/10 schedule working 8pm to 6am. This position specifically will be for the overnight shift. Salary is $15 + DOE.
- Resolving alerts and documenting throughout shifts to turnover that is communicated to the entire team.
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Desire, commitment and skills to provide World Class Support
- Monitor all network activity to insure connectivity remains stable and functional.
- Interact with internal team and service providers to resolve network problems that are minimal and/or have no impact to service.
- Escalate network incidents that impact or partially impact service, by following established operational procedures and guidelines; ensuring clear hand-off of information and data to the next shift, shift supervisor, and/or the active network technician.
- Document network events and actions in Trouble Ticketing Systems (Project Traq) and inform responsibility owners through e-mails and verbal turnover to fellow teammates.
- Determine when escalation is necessary. Escalate off-hours issues to a supervisor or manager when necessary.
- Proficient in navigating through command line based Linux interfaces. .
- Monitor product applications and communications functions.
- Able to use file transfer protocol (FTP).
- Proficiency in using NetCool a plus.
- Proficiency in using the Big Brother Web-based network monitoring system a plus.
- Required Skills & Experience:
- 1-2 years’ experience monitoring networks/administration.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP, network connectivity/management, and LAN/WAN
- Experience supporting enterprise firewalls, routers, virtualization and backup solutions
- Knowledge of MS Exchange, Outlook and Active Directory
- SQL and Lotus Notes experience is a plus
- Knowledge of wireless carrier networks
- Prior support experience of mobile devices including Android, and iOS
- Windows mobile is a plus
- Prior experience diagnosing and troubleshooting server-related problems
- Ability to provide “World Class customer service” in high stress situations
- A high level of problem solving techniques, technical writing and soft skills
- Certifications in related fields a plus
R Systems provides a competitive salary commensurate with candidate’s experience level. We also provide a benefits package that includes medical, dental, eye care benefits and a 401 K plan. Growth and promotional opportunities exist for individuals who demonstrate strong business acumen, professionalism, commitment and a desire to continually learn and develop their skills.
To ensure a safe working environment for its employees, R Systems requires all candidates for employment submit to a drug test, background and credit checks prior to employment. Successful applicants will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the US.
Indeed - 16 months ago