R4 Incorporated

R4 Incorporated Employer Reviews

Great company, Great Corporate Leadership
Senior Instructor/MTT Mission Lead/SME (Former Employee), Afghanistan, Iraq, NCJanuary 29, 2014
I was fortunate enough to work for R4 from 2009-2012. I had a wonderful ride. I would still be with them if I was willing to remain in Afghanistan a little longer.
Summary
R4 HLS Director/Program Manager (Former Employee), Eatontown, NJOctober 5, 2012
Pros: health benefits were great but that is changing now.
I worked with the best group of professionals on the eastern seaboard. The HLS team was fantastic, I learned a great deal and would work with any of them again.

My day was never the same twice, constant change!
Dynamic company with forward movement
DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT) (Current Employee), Eatontown, NJApril 5, 2012
Pros: healthcare, vacation, personal time off, ability to telecommute
Cons: military contracting is on a downturn right now
Department of Defense/Homeland Security/FAA
Responsible for IT Department, day-to-day technology operations managing a staff of three employees, identifying and implementing best practices. Oversee all data and voice infrastructure, including configuration and troubleshooting. Manage support contracts and coordinate outside vendors. Ensure network security – more... for all servers, hardware, web and mail systems. Manage all software licensing purchasing, upgrades, deployment and tracking. Enforce compliance with all technology policies and procedures. Drive IT support project management, workflow and development. Manage system deployments, technology rollouts and software installation/distribution. Develop strategic IT vision for the company. Control technology purchasing and budget of $1.5MM. Manage a full-time staff of three – System Administrator, IT Technician and Database Developer. Oversee and administer Active Directory and Exchange administration, file/print services, DNS and DHCP, Back-up Exec – less
productive
Field Service Representative (FSR) (Former Employee), Kandahar AfghanistanJune 5, 2014
Worked on mine rollers installing, giving classes, preventive maintenance and rebuilding when damaged. travel to all different bases
Challenging and rewarding workplace with a real mission helping our military.
Project Lead/Site Manager, Afghanistan (Former Employee), AfghanistanMarch 9, 2014
Pros: unified, professional, excellent pay
Cons: 90% overseas, hazardous
- Inventory, install, test, and maintain systems and components of the systems installed.
- I learned a lot more about leadership and how to manage people effectively to get the mission accomplished. I becomes more acquainted with Microsoft Office by generating weekly reports using the programs included in the suite.
- Management was like none other. – more... I was made to feel like a member of a family of professionals. Emphasized personal development and career progression.
- Co-workers were the family of professionals that made it worthwhile at times. Wonderful work environment and cohesion. Everyone helped everyone.
- The hardest part of the job was being overseas and not being able to see my loved ones every day.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was doing what I loved and knowing that my efforts were directly impacting the mission of out service men and women. – less
Great break room
Lead Field Service Representative (Former Employee), IraqNovember 23, 2013
Pros: the work.
Fixing PM IED defeat equipment. Seeing the war-fighters face after they would safely return from mission was priceless.
Field Service Representative (Former Employee), AfghanistanOctober 24, 2013
A typical day was very busy repairing and troubleshooting equipment. My co-workers were very helpful and knowledgable.
Afghanistan experience
Site Manager, FSR Lead , FSR (Former Employee), AfghanistanOctober 14, 2012
Pros: salary
Cons: war zone
Average day at work explosions and gun fire
Fast Paced keeping our military SAFE
Co-workers great TEAM
Hardest part was being away from home
positvie work environment
BETSS-C Surveillance System Operator (OIF) (Former Employee), IRAQJune 5, 2012
Pros: flexibility
Cons: transportation to and from work
12 hour days, excellent supervisors , employees contribute to solving daily issues