About the Job
RAB Lighting is seeking a Quality Engineer
This is an exciting opportunity with a well-established, rapidly growing company on the Bergen/Rockland county border.
- Hands-on implementation of quality systems
- Develop supplier scorecards
- Work with various suppliers to solve quality problems
- Work with factory personnel to identify and solve quality problems
- Create systems to track scrap, defects and issues with data that show results before and after corrective actions are implemented
- Represent the quality department as the quality systems expert
- Review customer returns and assist in identifying root cause of a quality problem and whether it is an internal, supplier or customer problem
- Support new product development and participate in continuous improvement process
- Review and improve testing processes and procedures
- Facilitate and drive implementation of data driven critical to quality characteristics to satisfy our external and internal customer needs
- Lead process audits
- Train teams on DMAIC methodology
Promote positive quality culture and lead by example
- College degree
- Experience working with suppliers
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent MS Skills
- Ability to train and work with employees on all levels
- Capable of process mapping the current state and future state systems
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing or willingness to learn
- Competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental & 401k
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick/personal days
- Catered lunch daily
About RAB Lighting
RAB Lighting, located in Northvale, New Jersey is one of the country's leading manufacturers of professional grade energy conservation motion sensors and outdoor lighting equipment. RAB products are available nationwide, but sold only through Electrical Distributors.
RAB Lighting manufactures and sells a full line of Outdoor Lighting and Lighting Control Sensors. All RAB products are designed for ease of installation, durability and high quality standards.
With a modern 6 acre corporate headquarters and manufacturing facility in Northvale New Jersey as well as manufacturing locations in China, Taiwan and Malaysia, RAB is ready to serve a growing market. Distribution is direct from the factory as well as through 29 convenient warehouses nationwide.
RAB's business model is designed for maximum customer service, with high levels of in-stock finished products and customer oriented service policies that "Make It Easy" to purchase, re-sell and install high quality outdoor lighting.
Please visit our website, rabweb.com, for more information
Local candidates only. No agencies or phone calls, please.