RBS Citizens Financial Group Employee Review

View all RBS Citizens Financial Group reviews

Absolutely horrible.
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  RIMarch 25, 2014
Enticing-sounding incentive system is designed to screw you at every turn. You will never see a bonus unless "the team" is doing as well or better than you. Rules of the game constantly change in mid stream, preventing you from forming any sort of coherent sales strategy.

Management and corporate culture is absolutely rotten to the core. Micromanagement is so extreme that people from corporate will actually come in just to reorganize your hanging folders. Such a heavy emphasis is put on sales and short term gain, you can actually lose credit on account opening if you don't "sell enough attachments".

Hours are scrutinized so harshly that you will never work more than the bare minimum, and if you stay late, you will be shamed out of reporting the correct time.

Don't believe me? Take a look at the turn over. Within a year, everyone from a branch is gone.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
everything else

Other RBS Citizens Financial Group Employee Reviews

Looking for something new
Consumer Operations Execution Professional (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTFebruary 24, 2017
Citizens Financial Group used to be a wonderful place to work but after the IPO and various leadership changes, the environment is not the same.
I am looking to broaden my work experience and join an exciting team.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Lack of confidence in management
Opportunity to support a division of their Finance Group
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 15, 2016
I had a great opportunity to support a Finance division at Citizens. I worked for some great managers and supported hard working managers in filling their roles. The opportunity to work remotely was an added bonus.