RBS Citizens Financial Group Employee Reviews

Company in Transition
Senior Business Analyst/VP, Team Leader (Former Employee), Work from Home in Las Vegas, NV with 10% travelMay 17, 2015
Pros: Interesting projects, work from home opportunities
Cons: Organization in transition, shifting priorities, lack of management adaptability to change
Citizens Bank has just become a publicly traded company and is separating from its parent , Royal Bank of Scotland. The organization culture is in major transition and changes in leadership throughout – more... the corporation. The work in data management is interesting and challenging but reorganization with frequent reprioritization of projects makes the daily work situation unstable and requires a high degree of flexibility. Major plusses for firm having work from home and remote work situations to balance work and life but is currently a challenging environment in which to be effective, even for seasoned individuals with years of experience. Largely, this is to layers of management not adjusting to , nor leading the change being mandated by Executive Team and regulators. – less
Assistant branch manager's responsibility is to oversee all the sales and operational functions of a branch
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), Albany, NYJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: community bank
Cons: low salary
I learnt a lot while working for Citizens bank. This role teaches you every thing about running a branch efficiently. I enjoyed the responsibility that was given to me and developed a strong passion for my work.
Good Place to Work
Vice President, Project Management (Current Employee), Cranston, RISeptember 18, 2014
Good project Management experience. Company provides training.
Dynamic company moving towards the future
Senior Vice President - Emerging Payments (Former Employee), ConneticuitMay 19, 2014
A decentralized company with Citizens moving to an IPO. Work was collaborative and dynamic. Flexible working arrangements moving many to remote work.
Enjoyable, and fast paced
Licensed Banker/Retirement and Benefits Specialist (Current Employee), Plainfield, CTApril 16, 2014
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: limited to bank products, and a few other benefit packages
I take a holistic approach in reviewing clients' financial picture. The cost of Health Insurance, and everyday bills does put a strain on the nuclear family's cash flow. It is my job to look at ways to free up income so that more important products are purchased that benefit the family today, and in the future.
RBS Citizens
Datawarehouse Architect (Current Employee), cranston, riMarch 26, 2014
Pros: good time off benefits
Cons: lousy atmosphere for career advancement
The company is dysfunctional, and management takes advantage of a poor economy to 'exploit' IT workers via lack of transparency of information exchange and painting a picture that is not accurate. The – more... organization lacks direction and strategy and is constantly implementing 'tactical' solutions that are far more costly than strategic approaches. Senior management also has a perpensity to 'threaten' workers with immediate dismissal when things go bad, which happens more often than not.
The overall attitude of co-workers is an acceptance of 'that's the way it is', which is very depressing. – less
Absolutely horrible.
Personal Banker (Current Employee), RIMarch 25, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: everything else
Enticing-sounding incentive system is designed to screw you at every turn. You will never see a bonus unless "the team" is doing as well or better than you. Rules of the game constantly change in mid stream, – more... preventing you from forming any sort of coherent sales strategy.

Management and corporate culture is absolutely rotten to the core. Micromanagement is so extreme that people from corporate will actually come in just to reorganize your hanging folders. Such a heavy emphasis is put on sales and short term gain, you can actually lose credit on account opening if you don't "sell enough attachments".

Hours are scrutinized so harshly that you will never work more than the bare minimum, and if you stay late, you will be shamed out of reporting the correct time.

Don't believe me? Take a look at the turn over. Within a year, everyone from a branch is gone. – less
High paced dynamic workplace
Consultant (Current Employee), Providence, RIJanuary 26, 2014
In a typical day, I never know what will come my way, but I thrive on the excitement of short timelines and high expectations
RBS Citizens Group
Admin. Project Analyst/ IT Helpdesk Assistant (Current Employee), Cranston, RIDecember 2, 2013
Pros: culture (face paced)
Cons: no parking
A typical day invovles me assisting both the IT portion as well as the Project coordination field. I deal with many techincal functions as well as BAU functions for adminstrative data entry. Also I handle any colleague whom needs assistance since I am an intern I am able to learn from Vendors, Contractors and Colleagues.

I try to update my resume daily as well as my linkedin account.
Opportunity for growth but unstable company
Public Affairs Manager, Officer (Current Employee), Boston, MADecember 1, 2013
Pros: good people, lots of opportunity for growth
Cons: too much change too often
The organization gave me a lot of opportunity for growth and I really enjoyed the people that I worked with. However, the environment is volatile and changes too often for comfort. You never know when there will be a restructure or change of management.
Radical Changes in RBS from 2001
Quality Control Analyst and Officer of the Bank (Former Employee), Cranston, RINovember 26, 2013
When I started at RBS as a teller I was trained carefully and found accommodations for my disability, I had severe chronic migraines, easy to obtain. However advancement was based on sales and not accuracy. – more...
When I moved to my first internal post I was carefully trained and was promoted easily, I received accommodation for my migraines which subsided during my time in this department.

All but a few employees were laid off in this department when the company moved most of the work to India. I was part of that group but was able to get a position with the new Anti-money Laundering department.

My Initial training was excellent and allowed me to do very well in on-boarding customers and reviewing the accounts of existing customers. I did not feel challenged and applied for a post with the Quality Control group. Initially I did very well since I was reviewing the work I had been trained to do. These functions were changed or removed and I was assigned work that I was not familiar with and received minimal training for the new functions. I began to experience difficulties and requested further training which was promised but occurred in short bursts and was not complete. I explained that my disability required specific and complete training. I also had Lupus, a social anxiety disorder and a semi autistic disorder similar to Aspergers Syndrome. My mistake was not providing the office in charge of accommodation to let them know that I had these issues.
The environment was very uncomfortable and political. – less
very steady paced job with a fun experience
Consumer Counseling Agent (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 28, 2013
Pros: break time, coworkers
Cons: work hours
As soon as I entered my work area I got on the phone system and the automatic dialer made outgoing calls to customers in reminder of their car note. We would also receive incoming calls for people to make – more... payment on their account as well. The management team was great and very helpful. They were all friendly and made work go by at ease. My coworkers were friendly an fun. Our lunch breaks were all around the same time and were nice. There really was no hard part of the job. The most enjoyable was knowing what you were doing and being good at it. Working on the accounts fast and efficiently too. – less