RBS CITIZENS Employee Reviews in United States

productive and energetic coworkers
Inbound Business Banking Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 18, 2016
i am pleased with my colleagues and my manager is always very insightful and gives me awesome feedback about my performance
Pros
great business hours and helpful colleagues
Cons
policies sometimes seem out of date compared to other banks
The Life of a Barista
Consumer Finance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 13, 2015
Working at Starbucks was my best job experience. I felt like I could be myself and still make money. The job environment and the colleagues I worked with were easy to get along with. I created drinks for customers. I knew my customers my face and name the majority of the time. I helped open and close the store. Assisted in stocking merchandise as well as cashier.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
No Healthcare and not the greatest in compensation
Banking
LOCK BOX CLERK (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 15, 2015
It was a lock box banking position. Great work environment. Hard work but played hard as well. Great management and coworkers. Must pay close attention to details
Large corporate real estate solutions provider
Vice President, Regional Head, Property Operations (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAJune 2, 2015
Flexibility to manage different accounts as a project manager and facilites gaining valuable experience. Stable and professional work environment and a managment team of expereinced real estate executives.
Busy and fun workplace, always on your toes.
Advanced Telle (Former Employee) –  Mentor, Ohio / Cleveland Heights, OhioJuly 9, 2015
Fast Paced, Good people, FDIC and Regulation Training, Management is always there to coach you. Most enjoyable part is the people meet and the friends you make during a day at the bank.
Great job and great people
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJanuary 5, 2015
I enjoyed working at RBS it was a typical office setting where everyone just did there job and was able to have fun while getting everything accomplished in a day. Upper management has way too many people making decisions who unfortunately don't really know the business which costs them lots of good workers and hurts the bottom line.
Work Life, Advancement
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Medford, MAOctober 17, 2014
This company prides themselves on a work life balance and their commitment to colleagues. They truly make that a part of their environment.Supported development and progress. It encouraged advancement opportunities and provided additional supports for internal hire.
Pros
enjoyable place to work, being able to provide help and have results. work with a great group of people.
Cons
starting reduction of workforce in all departments
productive and disorganized in certain departments
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAMarch 6, 2015
Good place to work but certain department were very unorganied starting from the management level. And QA performance were always changing. Which was set up for failure.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
great benefits
Productive environment
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh PennsylvaniaAugust 13, 2012
The call center is busy fast paced we have daily ten minute meetings called "hudles" to go over any problems or concerns anyone may have and how they can be corrected. Citizens has taught me discipline and what its like to do a good job and what that means to your team and to the bank itself. All of the managers I have been knowing for years and they are all very encouraging and always there to lend a hand. There is really not a hard part to the job I am a universal agent and I take every skill. And the most enjoyable part to the job is the people I have some really good and loyal friends there and that I will truly miss.
Pros
nice environment
Cons
medical
Unethical, discriminatory, and unprofessional
LOA Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, RI/Shared Services DivisionMarch 5, 2012
A disrespectful and unethical company for which to work. Company does not follow policy/procedure and has no empathy at all for human life. Their human resources area has a lot to be desired and needs lots of human relations training to bring them up to the 21st century! Quality of work means little to most of the Managers.
Pros
good vacation/pto policy
Cons
health insurance, overall employee population
Loved the work
Cash Management Support Team, Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 30, 2014
Loved the interaction w/ Sales personell. Banking was interesting field to learn. Most satisfaction gained from learning something new and having a strong support group.
Pros
pay compensation, good benefits
Cons
too many meeting, not enough time to spend w/staff cultivating a growth atmosphere
Employee appreciation is all week, the first week in June. We periodically have wear jeans & sneakers week; ice cream social for end of summer.
CCO Mortgage (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VASeptember 24, 2012
A typical day is very busy as I work referring foreclosures.

I've learned the business of foreclosures, as I've never worked foreclosures and a few other computer programs.

Management is trying very hard to keep things well-organized and up to current laws for banking, etc.

Most co-workers are very nice and helpful.

The hardest part of the job is making sure when to and when not to refer a loan, even when using good company criteria.

Although I'm very good on the phone, currently, the most enjoyable part of my job is that I don't have to use the phone. I basically work reports.
Pros
periodic lunches, ice cream, etc.
Cons
the drive to work; managers are always in meetings and hard to find when needed.
Going thru transition for 7 years....
Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2015
Change is a constant. Sometimes managed well, sometimes not.

The business is focused to make itself attractive for sale in the next 2 or 3 years. The owner (UK Government) wants to sell.
Pros
nice people
Cons
uncertainty
Would never recommend working here
Vice President Portfolio Management (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 12, 2014
I had a horrible experience working for RBS Citizens. I have worked for large financial institutions for my entire career, and RBS Citizens wins first place for the least well run organization and the least professional organization I have ever worked for. Co workers around me all seemed miserable with their jobs and were just "going through the motions" and my manager totally lacked leadership skills. He was completely unfit to be running a team and lacked professionalism in the way he would talk behind people's back both about people who reported to him, and about his peers. Do yourself a favor and find another organization to work for that will actually be a place you will enjoy going to work, and you will be able to grow your career by working with "true" professionals.
Dedicated professionals working as a team
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RINovember 4, 2013
Every day was something new. Great place to learn new things. Most colleagues were very personable and friendly. I loved the challenge to be able to be a part of some solutions.
Pros
clean work environment and good people.
Cons
global economic setback hurt many of their people programs and their ability to hand out awards.
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VANovember 14, 2013
Great management, and employees. The hardest part of the job was making sure you able to answer all your calls to clients in a timely manner. I really learned how to manage my time here. Co workers were all great and extremely helpful .It was like one big family working together to make sure all clients had a great experience.
A good place for professional advancement
Senior Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 9, 2013
RBS Citizens offers their colleagues growth potential. I have had the opportunity to move to other positions and learned a lot about international business. I would not hesitate to recommend this a a great place to work.
Pros
growth potential
Cons
work life balance
High Stress and far commute
Loan Analyst (Former Employee) –  Medford, MADecember 29, 2013
Great learning experience. Learned a lot about commercial loans. Flexible manager with flexible hours. easy going atmosphere, but due to the nature of the business the work was very stressful. The only reason I left was because my commute was almost 2 hours long with traffic.
Pros
flexible manager
Cons
commute
Micromanagement galore!!
Compliance Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIJuly 5, 2013
So many teams, you feel like an ant at a picnic. Heaven forbid you have a life outside of Citizens, because if you do; you might as well want to cancel your life-they do not work with any time off or vacation requests!
Pros
absolutely nothing!
Cons
one big clique with managers....high school, look out!
check extractor
lock box extractions (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 5, 2014
Deposit checks and process invoices received by mail
Review checks/invoices according to customer specifications and times
Perform routine payment processing tasks
Worked and participated in a team environment and other duties as assigned
Pros
learned a new skill
Cons
temp work