RBS CITIZENS Employee Reviews

Great company
Outbound Business Banking Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RIMay 2, 2017
Great Benefits and growth if you have the connections to get there. Overall I great place to work. I learned alot about business banking. The hardest part is accepting rejection.
career advancement
Loan Review Analyst (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAApril 19, 2017
The department I work in, there is no opportunity for advancement. It's basically a dead end position. Very little yearly raises and managers are micro managers. You are expected to work from the beginning of your shift to the end and is frowned upon if you socialize with co-workers. Very production driven. The morale has sunk to an all time low.
Pros
location is close to home
Cons
salary is not competitive
Sr Project Manager
Senior Program / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIAugust 24, 2016
Project / Program Management of numerous Business and Technical projects concurrently and simultaneously. Included Mainframe changes, Client Server updates, Dot Com Development, Quality Assurance, Disaster Recovery, Change Management, Training, Resource Planning, Vendor Management, Risk Avoidance, Stakeholder and Financial Reporting. Supporting Retail, Credit Card and Mortgage Industries. Utilizing both Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
productive and energetic coworkers
Inbound Business Banking Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 18, 2016
i am pleased with my colleagues and my manager is always very insightful and gives me awesome feedback about my performance
Pros
great business hours and helpful colleagues
Cons
policies sometimes seem out of date compared to other banks
Opportunities
Branch Manager/Consumer Lending Specialists (Former Employee) –  Hempstead, NYApril 22, 2016
Learned a alot with lending and business banking. Helped client with mortgages, heloc and business lending. Coached employees in lending and business.
Banking
LOCK BOX CLERK (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 15, 2015
It was a lock box banking position. Great work environment. Hard work but played hard as well. Great management and coworkers. Must pay close attention to details
Busy and fun workplace, always on your toes.
Advanced Telle (Former Employee) –  Mentor, Ohio / Cleveland Heights, OhioJuly 9, 2015
Fast Paced, Good people, FDIC and Regulation Training, Management is always there to coach you. Most enjoyable part is the people meet and the friends you make during a day at the bank.
Large corporate real estate solutions provider
Vice President, Regional Head, Property Operations (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAJune 2, 2015
Flexibility to manage different accounts as a project manager and facilites gaining valuable experience. Stable and professional work environment and a managment team of expereinced real estate executives.
The Life of a Barista
Consumer Finance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 13, 2015
Working at Starbucks was my best job experience. I felt like I could be myself and still make money. The job environment and the colleagues I worked with were easy to get along with. I created drinks for customers. I knew my customers my face and name the majority of the time. I helped open and close the store. Assisted in stocking merchandise as well as cashier.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
No Healthcare and not the greatest in compensation
productive and disorganized in certain departments
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAMarch 6, 2015
Good place to work but certain department were very unorganied starting from the management level. And QA performance were always changing. Which was set up for failure.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
great benefits

Want to know more about RBS CITIZENS?

Ask a question
Going thru transition for 7 years....
Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2015
Change is a constant. Sometimes managed well, sometimes not.

The business is focused to make itself attractive for sale in the next 2 or 3 years. The owner (UK Government) wants to sell.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Uncertainty
I learned a lot working with RBS Citizens
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Rocky River, OHJanuary 19, 2015
I like working for RBS Citizens, I learned a great deal of banking skills there and worked along side some great co workers.
Great job and great people
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJanuary 5, 2015
I enjoyed working at RBS it was a typical office setting where everyone just did there job and was able to have fun while getting everything accomplished in a day. Upper management has way too many people making decisions who unfortunately don't really know the business which costs them lots of good workers and hurts the bottom line.
Positive work enviroment -
Retail OPS Manager III/Officer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 23, 2014
Team huddles every morning for motivation and daily work plan, I learned from my piers to motivate workers to feel positive about each accomplished responsibilities on a daily basis. Working in a close environment can be challenging for each individual, so assisting your co-worker is not a burden it’s an accomplishment when you take the time to help them if they are struggling with a certain tasks. When taking over a particular customer who has struggled with getting their loan closed and helping to understand that now they have to start over working with a new processor. We would bring in lunch and sometimes dinner for the processor. I would play bingo with my processor for prizes. The close relationship you establish with your peers and how confident you can feel when you might be struggling with a certain situation and you can reach out and get positive or sometime negative feedback to find a solution.
Pros
Supportive, worked with fun people, lunches/dinners provided
Cons
parking, broken elevators
Work Life, Advancement
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Medford, MAOctober 17, 2014
This company prides themselves on a work life balance and their commitment to colleagues. They truly make that a part of their environment.Supported development and progress. It encouraged advancement opportunities and provided additional supports for internal hire.
Pros
Enjoyable place to work, Being able to provide help and have results. Work with a great group of people.
Cons
Starting reduction of workforce in all departments
Loved the work
Cash Management Support Team, Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 30, 2014
Loved the interaction w/ Sales personell. Banking was interesting field to learn. Most satisfaction gained from learning something new and having a strong support group.
Pros
Pay compensation, good benefits
Cons
Too many meeting, not enough time to spend w/staff cultivating a growth atmosphere
Business Systems Analyst III - Lean Change Agent (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 4, 2014
WIth the IPO coming up it can be a challenge, but the company is filled with a lot of good, hard working folks.
Process is cumbersome.
CRE Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 11, 2014
Process is cumbersome. I enjoy the people that I work with but my learning and development has stalled.
Great Work Life Balance
Security (Current Employee) –  Rhode IslandAugust 11, 2014
Overall there is a great work/life balance here, managers are very flexible but it varies by department. Great coworkers and overall management is good. Advancement/Job security isn't as good as it use to be.
Fun meets Productive
Anti-Money Laundering Analyst - Contractor (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RIJune 16, 2014
As a contract you feel like a "Second Class Citizen" however the leadership team here goes above and beyond to include us in all interactions! I love this job!
Pros
no micomanaging, work flexibility, professional leadership
Cons
Temp positions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RBS CITIZENS. Our community is ready to answer.