RBS

RBS Employer Reviews

Productive workplace
Operations Analyst III (Current Employee), Bridgeport, CTDecember 3, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunch and 2-15 minute breaks
Cons: process of re-organizing the structure of the business
Typical day for me is I never know what my day will bring and I love that aspect of my job.
I have learned so much from many people, but my favorite saying is "In the business world whether wrong, right or impartial a decision must be made with no second guessing your actions. The business world there is no room for second guessing."
The hardest part of my job is getting up and leaving when it is time, there is always something to be done.
The most enjoyable aspect of my job are my coworkers.
Functional Consultant Responsibilities (Current Employee), Sterling, VANovember 8, 2014
Great place to work.
Great exposure to Peoplesoft
People are generally all friendly and communicate well. Room to grow and learn inside after hire. Promotions are available with time. Great benefits and retirement plans. They really care and want people to be happy and taken care of.
Third tier bank with first tier lack of talent
SVP (Former Employee), StamfordOctober 30, 2014
The memory I have of this place is that of overly paid yet whiny and disgruntled bankers. I remember this Italian guy brought in at guaranteed $8m or close guaranteed bonus and let go after paying his guarantees a year later. I remember Guys at Sempra being brought on at ridiculous sums and then let go after paying their guarantees. And all this while recovering from the post-Lehman trauma wasn't all that impressive. Random mix of occasional high calibre folks from Greenwich capital days with some horribly slow guys from ABN.

Being in a group which was led by a 60 yr old guy with 12 year old twins and who had constant fear of loss of his own job wasn't easy. This dude happened to preach loudly that Catholic was the only true religion and blacks were by default criminals.
He also made sure to let me know that being Indian I was good for calculating his numbers but not good for his parties/clubs. He enjoyed acting as a nightmare school teacher and fostered an environment of fear,distrust and prejudice. HR like any other bank obviously didn't do anything even after complaining.

Apart from the group related bias the key point about this place was that it was filled with mediocre or sub-par talent but did want to get paid like the top talent and did get paid so. A colleague supposed to be insurance expert used to go out for coffee walks for hours and still whined about his bonuses.
Vice President (Current Employee), Stamford, CTOctober 19, 2014
Pros: aml sanctions exposure
Cons: commute
I got an opportunity to work in AML / Sanctions and Operational Risk. I learnt a lot on regulatory and compliance on this job. WOrked on key projects to close C&D deliverables.
Productive workplace with very talented people
Forex Settlements Analyst (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: school tuition
Cons: location uncertainty
At RBS, I use quick thinking to perform error-free Forex transactions between banks, hedge funds and large corporate clients nationwide. My team is engaged and focused on improvement and efficiency of the client's service experience. Together we contribute effectively towards a collective and organizational plan of how to better payment infrastructure between RBS and other global countries. I have gained a lot of knowledge of USA specific foreign exchange products, services and systems.
RBD offer employees an opportunity to grow and learn different aspects of business structure
Personal Banker Universal (Former Employee), philadelphiaMay 20, 2014
Pros: great managers, bonuses, training
Cons: poor corporate structure, start-up company
RBD provided me with an opportunity to develop my leadership skills. As the leader of many sales teams, I learned how critical it is to make every member of the team important. I used my influence to lead the team and generate result.
Management entrust employees with the necessary tools to succeed and allow team leaders to manage their team at their own discretion while fulfilling all necessary managerial tasks.
Daily work as market risk manager
Market Risk Manager (Former Employee), Stamford, CTMay 13, 2014
Pros: exposure to various asset backed products
Cons: long working hours, below market compensation
Review trades and position changes.
Run daily risk reports. Report limits utilization
Analyze significant movements in market, position and risk measures
Productive environment
Business Analyst (Consultant) (Current Employee), Stamford, CTApril 28, 2014
Brought in as a consultant for a project.
Worked on building a single book management hierarchy for reporting purposes
RBS Overall
Solution Architect/Supervisor (Current Employee), Providence, RIApril 8, 2014
Good company with good benefits. Like any other some issues here and there but nothing earth moving.

Overall the company is good.
LTE/UMTS Integrator
Field Engineer RTU2 (Former Employee), HoustonApril 7, 2014
Experience Integrator and Installation both LTE and UMTS troubleshooting
GREAT
Accounts Receivables Specialist (Former Employee), FRESNO, CAMarch 31, 2014
GREAT PLACE TO WORK GREAT PLACE TO MAKE MONEY LOVE EVERY MINUTE LOTS OF HOURS AND BENEFITS
• Investigate fraud claims involving stolen, altered or counterfeit checks
Lead Fraud Prevention and AML Specialist (Current Employee), Bridgeport, CTMarch 20, 2014
Fraud Prevention and AML Specialist
• Review applications for possible Identity theft
• Determine if applicant info is true and acceptable
• Review suspicious accounts for possible AML and Bustouts
• Train new employees
Simple, Honest and hard working
Investigator (Former Employee), New Delhi, Sastri ParkMarch 16, 2014
Pros: free dinner, free transport facilities
Cons: less salary
It was a wonderful experience working at RBS. The work flow among employees was superb. Management and the higher authority have a good bonding. The job timing was good.
I was working as a team leader to co-ordinate work flow among employees and provide helpful banking behaviour to customer and clients.
I believe the taining and skills that i got from RBS has prepared me to become an asset to any company that i will join further. MY experience has provided me with an abundance of learning.
RBS was a great place to work
Customer Service/ Collection Coordinator (Former Employee), Bridgeport, CTFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: ocassional free lunches and fun and games
Cons: breaks, healthcare
I would have still been employed at RBS had the company not laid us off.
okay place to work
Operations Senior Associate (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: free lunhes, awards for doing a good job
Cons: paid raises
Review customer accounts for any errors
Check all tellers differs for the day before
Enjoy working with multi computer moniter
Was try to keep up with all our work
Enjoyable part of my job was my co-workers which is now friends
RBS is an awesome and fair company
System Integrator (VersaCom) (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 28, 2014
I've been here for a while and have nothing bad to say and they are very confidential and respect privacy
Good place
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Greenwich, CTJanuary 2, 2014
Fun place to work with great collegues. Interesting roles within all departments
Strong company with foothold in market.
Customer Service AVP (Former Employee), Rhode IslandMarch 27, 2013
Pros: large company with many chances of advancement.
Cons: balancing work load of management is not a priority.
Overall a good place to work. Learned several management techniques, was able to work across disciplines and thus become cross-trained.
This was my experience at RBSLynk
Shipping/Marketing Clerk (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: casual dress code
Cons: company was sold
I really enjoyed working for the company. I was employed through a temp agency but the company was eventually sold. I started working in the shipping department, then trained in the marketing department in which I replaced the person who was in position. I learned how warehouses operate which is helpful. The supervisors and my co-workers were very nice. Their wasn't anything hard about the job and the hours were great. Having my own section and being in charge of marketing was great.
Great benefits
Teller Manager/Operations Captain (Current Employee), Burlington, VTDecember 26, 2012
Pros: sales bonus, healthcare.
Cons: pay
I am currently one of three managers in the highest volume branch in Vermont. The most enjoyable part of my job would be helping my customers each and everyday; as well as training new employees. I would say the most difficult is the pay for the amount of responsibilty and job duties that I have. But I enjoy a challenge.

1 2 3 4 5

About RBS

We have a single, simple purpose – to serve customers well. This is at the core of our ambition to build a bank known for – Read more