This is a DIRECT hire position.
Pay Rate: Pay is $24.00 - $30.00 (hourly) “based on experience.”
- 2nd shift: Monday – Friday (6:00pm – 6:00am)
- 3rd shift: Monday – Friday
Machinists fabricate metal parts by operating various types of manual, numerically controlled and computerized machine shop mechanical equipment. Significant understanding of overall machining practices required, with a background in CNC machining applications. May be required to set up and operate all types of numerically controlled equipment to perform machining operations. Adapts and improvises simple to complex tooling and fixtures to complete a machining assignment. Materials used consist of castings, forgings, tubing, bar stock, and extrusions, steel, stainless steel, titanium, brass aluminum and copper.
- MUST HAVE knowledge & experience with Siemens 840 & 840D software.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of machine shop experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inspects and documents features of the machined part (while in process and final inspection) with use of shop inspection equipment.
- Understanding and operational knowledge of CNC milling machining centers and/or CNC lathes (set-up, tooling, etc.).
- Sets up and operates a horizontal or vertical machining center or a lathe.
- Loads appropriate tools for the job.
- Understands the control system.
- Retrieves programs from database.
- Reviews and understands blue prints.
- Assess and apply appropriate machining solutions per instructions to both new and current manufacturing processes.
- Interaction with engineering, quality control and other machine shop personnel.