Aide/Teacher needed for Structured Day Program within an organization serving adults with disabilities (traumatic brain injury, physical disabilities, etc.) in the community. The Day Program is located in Medford, NY.
Structured Day Program provides oversight and supervision to adults with traumatic brain injury and physical disabilities in a group setting. Responsibilities may include the following:
- -developing psycho-educational material and instructing classes
- -completing progress notes, daily notes, writing goals, and other required paperwork, as needed
- -Providing assistance, redirection, behavioral interventions in a classroom setting
- -assisting clients with ADLs, when necessary
- -planning and organizing social events
- -Occassional Saturday hours
- -collaborating closely with the clinical team, families, participants and transportation companies.
Must be certified as a personal care aide (PCA) or home health aide (HHA).
Items to bring to interview:
- PCA OR HHA Certification
- 2 Forms of Identification
Compensation: $21,171 annual salary based on a 35 hour work week
RES Home Care is a sister agency of RES Company, Inc. The agencies were founded with the intent to improve services available to survivors of traumatic brain injury. We have grown from a grass roots agency providing a few of the basic services available to these individuals and families, to a full-service agency, now providing a continuum of long term rehabilitation services. In addition to our firm commitment to providing quality services, RES has also made a commitment to develop programs to help bridge the gaps in services that currently exist for this population. RES is now known as a leader in the field of long-term rehabilitation in New York State and is committed to continuing to administer and develop the highest quality programs in order to help the TBI survivor complete their journey of recovery. For more information about the agency, go to http://www.restbiservices.com/