Resco is a privately owned company with headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Resco was founded in 1946 with a goal of becoming a leader in the specialty/monolithic refractories industry. Today, Resco offers a full line of refractories to meet even the most demanding needs of our customers. Since 1999, Resco has grown to become an innovative leader in the refractory industry with plants located in three countries. Our goal: become THE preferred vendor in the refractory industry.
The Business Systems Analyst is a technical and analytical role responsible for supporting all aspects of the business in the definition, development and implementation of business technology solutions and for maintaining systems.
- Leads projects related to system improvements, upgrades or conversions. Tests and approves system configuration changes.
- Reviews systems security administration activities to ensure appropriate level of access.
- Anticipates, investigates, and defines end users information needs and develops recommendations for new systems as well as changes to existing systems and processes.
- Assist in the maintenance of applications in coordination with business groups and Information Technology
- Review SQL / progress programming and reports for application development projects.
- Leads the implementation and maintenance of business information systems.
- Documents and analyzes business rules and processes.
- Creates and maintains system and user documentation. Trains users in related systems and processes.
- Acts as escalation point for end-users who are experiencing difficulties in using these applications. Research and identify the root cause for problems and own their resolution, which may require serving as liaison between end-users and outside technical resources.
The Current Team:
The Information Technology Department is responsible for supporting and maintaining all aspects of technology company-wide as well as spearheading new technology initiatives. The team, which is based in Pittsburgh, is comprised of the following personnel: IT Director, Network Administrator, Systems Administrator, Application Support Specialist and outside contractors.
The ideal candidate will be able to manage several work streams in a fast paced environment while always looking to improve upon existing systems. Additionally this person should be well versed in current “best of breed” breed technologies with an understanding of how systems interact with one another. The ability and willingness to work in a team atmosphere is a must.
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Visio
- Two or more years of experience overseeing technology projects
- Two or more years of writing software requirement specification documents use cases, etc.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language
- B.S. in Computer Science / Information Systems
Nice to Haves:
- Knowledge of QAD enterprise applications
- SQL or Progress 4GL knowledge and experience are a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Share Point
On July 26, 1946, a rented barn in Philadelphia, PA, became the corporate headquarters of RESCO PRODUCTS, INC., then known as Refractory...