Position will be responsible for shift production; overseeing all union personnel on the production floor. This position will interact with all aspects of the plant; raw materials, packaging, shipping and QA. Will be responsible for implementing Safety Policies and Procedures, drive Continuous Improvement and ensure Quality is maintained to the Resco standards.
- Conducts daily Safety Talks, Production data reporting and key driver for Shift Safety Improvement.
- Provides direction and leadership to the production crew so as to accomplish organizational goals.
- Coordinates with staff and others production members with regards to die changes, inventory, daily production (press efficiencies), and inventory and quality concerns.
- Accomplishes manufacturing results by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaches, counseling and disciplining employees.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process, observing control points and equipment monitoring and resources.
- Implementing cost reductions, developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within the process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within the department.
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs and documenting listed items to be addressed.
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data, investigating issues, identifying solutions, recommending action..
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Assisting in implementing LEAN concepts and Continuous Improvement Activities.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Troubleshoot daily production issues and provide daily production solutions.
- Experience with a union environment
- Process Improvement thinking
- Production Planning and controls for improvement
- Refractory Experience a plus.
- Able to work any shift
- Overtime required possible weekend work necessary. (flex schedule)
- Microsoft knowledge; outlook, work excel.
- 4 year degree preferred
- Technical background desired.
- Previous experience with refractories and/or ceramics a plus.
- Experience in a Union environment.
- Experience with QAD a plus.
Indeed - 19 months ago
Resco Products, Inc. offers the cumulative experience and expertise of over 50 years of service in crafting heat resistant materials for the...