This position consists of general office duties including telephone answering, office machine operation, filing and preparing forms and reports.
Transportation Industry Experience Required.
Education: High School Diploma; must be able to read, write, and do basic math
- Must possess good communication and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a face-paced office atmosphere
- Experience with Microsoft excel, word, and lotus notes
License: Must maintain a valid driver’s license
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time while sitting at a desk for a majority of an eight-hour day
- Ability and strength to operate a computer keyboard, copy machine, printer, fax machines, and telephone
- Ability to lift small boxes of office supplies weighing up to twenty pounds
- Ability to climb one flight of stairs
- Answer telephones, direct calls and take messages
- Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, and business transactions
- Complete and mail bills, contracts, policies, and invoices
- Compute, record, and proofread data and other information, such as records or reports
- Organize materials
- Maintain and update filing, inventory, mailing, and database systems
- Open, sort and route incoming mail, answer correspondence and prepare outgoing mail
- Process and prepare documents
- Review files, records, and other documents to obtain information to respond to requests
- Type, format, proofread and edit documents
- Review driver paperwork daily for procedural compliance on Delivery receipts and Bill of Ladings
RIST Transport's primary business is quality LTL (less than truckload) service throughout the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic states, Ohio,...