A small but rapidly growing manufacturer of custom automation and robotic machinery is looking for a Electrical / Controls Designer or Engineer.
The individual will take on the responsibility for hands on design, assembly and programming of various PLCs, HMIs and industrial control panels for custom automated, robotic and packaging equipment. While operating under minimal supervision in a manufacturing focused environment, the successful candidate will offer demonstrated abilities in the below required functions.
- 5 – 10 years of experience with high speed machines or other automated equipment preferred.
- Minimum of an AS degree in technical field. BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Programming, or related field is preferred. 7+ years experience in lieu of BS degree.
- Demonstrated experience in industrial electrical panel design, distribution design, PLC programming, commissioning of new equipment, as well as remote and field support.
- Understanding of basic photoelectric and electromagnetic sensors, AC and DC motors and drives, servo systems, communication protocols (DeviceNet, serial, discrete I/O, Profibus, Modbus etc..)
- Expert knowledge of Allen Bradley platforms is required
- Experience in creating electrical control diagrams and panel layouts in AutoCAD is required.
- Knowledge of common industrial components (safety relays, contactors, terminals, relays) and vendor selection experience is required.
- Knowledge of additional PLC / AC Drives / HMI / Servo / Motion Control / Robotic systems is a plus
- Candidates must be US Citizens or Green Card Holders (Perm. Resident)
- Local candidates will be given preference. Relocation is not provided.
This is also a hands on position where the candidate will be wiring/ building/ debugging the machines that he/she has designed.
While some occasional overnight travel may be required, for the most part this position is non-travelling.
Please submit your resume with a cover letter explaining your background with salary requirements. If you do not meet the requirements above please do not apply as your resume will not be considered.
Candidate must be able to hit the ground running with minimal support.
Indeed - 17 months ago