Square who?! Since 2005, ROAM has been known as pioneers in the mobile point of sale (mPOS) space, having produced and distributed the industry’s first secure mobile card reader. Since then, we have continued to innovate, evolve and expand the breadth of our mobile commerce offerings.
The ROAM engineering group is a fast-paced, Agile environment. Our documentation team supports multiple product offerings. We need a writer that can come in, take ownership of their projects, and learn how to use complex products quickly. You need to be comfortable juggling multiple projects with tight deadlines. We seek both a self-starter who can work independently and as a team player.
You will be asked to provide writing samples.
- Work cross-functionally to create end-user, API, deployment, and installation guides.
- Edit existing technical and architectural documents.
- Design and organize documentation sets and templates.
- Minimum of five years’ experience writing for the administrator/programmer role. Minimum three years’ experience writing for the end-user role.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word.
- Experience working with Mad Cap Flare.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional team members such as developers and product managers, including remote and off-shore team members.
- Experience using an online requirement collection and bug tracking system. Atlassian JIRA/Confluence preferred but not required.
- Broad knowledge of SDLC.
- Team player with excellent initiative and follow-through, with a proven ability to work effectively and manage time allocated among multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field, or non-technical degree with at least five years of direct technical writing experience.
Candidates should have experience working in a small, fast-paced environment.
Indeed - 17 months ago
Square who?! Since 2005, ROAM has been known as pioneers in the mobile point of sale (mPOS) space, having produced and distributed the...