PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY PRIOR SOCIAL SERVICE EXPERIENCE. Must have a MSW or equivalent experience.
RPM Development is one of NJ’s leading developers of affordable housing, with over two decades of experience developing housing in neighborhoods across the state. Our mission is to provide excellent quality affordable housing.RPM’s success in the affordable housing marketplace is largely attributed to the high standards consistently achieved in the quality of the housing we produce. We have received wide recognition for our efforts to assist in the revitalization of inner cities by renovating old properties and developing abandoned vacant parcels. Through our efforts to build and offer affordable housing in impoverished areas, we have cultivated favorable working relationships with Federal, State and local government agencies.
We are looking for a Social Services Coordinator with a MSW or equivalent experience to run programs at three properties located in Essex County NJ. The properties are comprised of both family and senior buildings. The Social Services Coordinator will get to know the residents and help them to get to know each other. The coordinator shall arrange monthly activities designated to empower the residents and contribute toward improving the the quality of life in the sites we manage.
- Maintaining monthly expenditure reports to ascertain that all expenditures are kept within the budgetary guidelines.
- Establish relationships with community agencies, nonprofit groups, and public institutions, form partnerships, and exchange referral information.
- Invite representatives from community agencies, public institutions, nonprofit groups, and business/financial institutions to speak, conduct seminars and facilitate workshops in RPM buildings.
- Keep track of monthly programs offered in assigned properties. Make certain all programs being offered are on a monthly calendar posted in the building as well as on the RPM Website. Make sure all programs and workshops are run/supervised by qualified and pre-screened volunteers/vendors.
- Maintain and supervise the Computer Lab.
- Design and directly supervise all activities for both children and adults, designated to empower and improve the quality of life for our residents. Activities for children will include after-school program, monthly arts & crafts activities, and monthly Movie Night. Adult programs will include health and wellness, financial and legal counseling and assistance with forming the tenant association (if applicable).
- Coordinate quarterly Tenants’ meeting with Property Management
Equal Opportunity Employer
Indeed - 12 months ago