The Desk Top Support Analyst will support the sister company (Mediant Communications) that employs 125 employees, in 5 locations. The primary location and the position is based in Cary, NC
Resolves computer users' problems by troubleshooting and resolving software, hardware, and connectivity problems by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide a high level of customer service to end users in a fast-paced environment.
- Support includes, but is not limited to, laptops, desktops, smart-phones, corporate phone and voice mail systems.
- Prepare and deploy PCs for employees, including configuration and imaging of PCs
- Maintaining and troubleshooting of laptops, desktops, printers, smartphones, telephones
- Manage patch selection and distribution for all corporate PCs in accordance with our standards for security and risk management
- Accurately maintain our hardware and software asset inventory system
- Maintain configurations of all notebook and desktop computer systems and mobile devices, according to established standards for operating systems, applications, and compliance with our security policies and risk management program.
- Develops and maintains PC images.
- Assist in our security incident response process as necessary, particularly where incidents are directly attributable to a corporate PC, tablet, or smartphone
- Document and update technology related instructions and procedures
- Maintain support ticket history in our helpdesk application and log the time spent and resolution details for each; analyze support ticket data monthly to proactively identify problem areas and IT service improvement opportunities
- Participate in projects as appropriate to evaluate existing systems and recommend technology for upgrade and replacement; evaluate new technologies for potential applicability
- Some travel will be required – less than 10%
- After-hours and weekend work is required as necessary as is participation in a rotating on-call shift
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in Information Technology or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a similar role
- A+, MCP, MCSE or equivalent certificates are a definite plus
- Experience in communicating and presenting technical concepts to management, peer group and end-users
- Ability to work as a part of a team and individually with quality results
- Extensive experience troubleshooting Windows XP, Windows 7, Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, remote access VPN connectivity, and commonly used business applications
- Ability to quickly and accurately diagnose problems and provide solutions and/or escalate to the appropriate expertise area
- Advanced skills in the following areas: PC/laptop hardware, software, telecommunications, mobile devices (Android, iPhone), networking, and server administration
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
With great benefits and atmosphere. Send resume with Salary requirements
Indeed - 2 years ago