Rabobank, N.A

Rabobank, N.A Employer Reviews

Good bank
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee), Arroyo Grande, CAAugust 11, 2013
I had a great time working here. They had a very friendly atmosphere. I was in an entry level position and I left to work at a more challenging job.
Excellent Benefit Program and co workers
Back Office Support (Current Employee), Santa Maria, CAMarch 21, 2013
Rabobank has an excellent benefit package and my workers are nice women and we enjoy working together
great flexibiliy
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee), La Quinta, CAFebruary 4, 2013
Good company, bad management. Benefits are good and their schedules are flexible.
Great place to work while looking for another job
Manager (Former Employee), Arroyo Grande, CAAugust 29, 2012
Pros: growing company, fast paced, dynamic.
Cons: growing company, fast paced, dynamic, schizophrenic management decisions
I was at RNA for almost 5 years. I was a mid level manager there during that time. RNA rules:
#1- No one from the inside gets promoted
#2- No one, no matter how well they perform, will get more than a 3% merit increase per year
#3- If you don't work in Roseville, your career is dead
#4- If an employee complains about their manager, they are as good – more... as fired. RNA believes in "managing people out".
#5- Upper management always take credit for work their underlings perform

RNA, from a global standpoint out of Utrecht, has a great corporate culture. However, the culture at RNA in CA is toxic. Everyone is afraid to lose their jobs. Especially upper- not senior- management. As an employee you will quickly lose interest and ambition and quickly begin looking elsewhere. Its actually too bad, as the place has a lot of potential. Its a big bank thats made up of alot of small failed banks, so there are too many people in important positions that do not know how to do their jobs. They'll throw alot of money around at employees, just not the ones in the lower 90% of the tier. As a manager there, I was used to promising prospective employees big bonus potential knowing full well it would never come to fruition. Thats the RNA way. Also, HR has way too much say in the operations of the business. Their reach goes beyond just the normal day to day function of most HR departments. Its actually kind of weird.

If you can find another company, go with it. Too many unfulfilled promises at RNA. It will not advance your career. – less