RAC Acceptance

RAC Acceptance Employee Reviews

Sales
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 25, 2015
Pros: Sales
Cons: Travel
Approving and giving credit to customer who were not approve. Making sales and customer service the hardest part were the collection calls.
Hard work with high expectations and no grattitude for it
sales manager (Former Employee), cincinnatiJune 23, 2015
Pros: pay is good but you have mandatory 50 hours work weeks
Cons: no family time what so ever
a typical 12 hours day is spending the first 4 hours calling past due customers and all their references next 4 hours is sell sell sell and the last 4 hours are,, you guessed it call the same people you called again. the best part of the job is the host store because you build a close relationship with those co workers and help them sell the product. management does little to help with unobtainable goals. if you do take this job make sure it is a new location, this job is rent to own as in rent a center but only with new merchandise.
Own by Rent a Center
sales collections (Former Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CAJune 2, 2015
have your ever made 9 different reports of what i did in the day?
I have, is not like someone read it before it went to the trash, but you must comply... just in case...

I learned a lot while working for this company,first as a sales person then collection agent,
But i also endured a lot, same day or constant schedule changes, i checked, their allowed to do that,
I requested my birthday 2 months in advance and it was denied, they try to organize your vacations to their schedule.. 2 days here, 2 here...
this company is nothing but a legalize scam.
they are allowed to charge what's practically 250%-300% interest because they are a lease to own
I seen so many collection violations,calls on Sundays or holidays but they ask us not to record them.
they low key applaud unfair collection practices,"I don't care how you get it done, just do it... I just don't want to hear about it"
I called H.R but they don't care they just gave me some bookspan and hung up.
There is a few honest people that work there, and I know they care about their family and they do the job as best as possible, but they cant compete with unrealistic expectations from bosses, and with coworkers that kick doors, or call customers over and over.. and over...

... but just look them up on google or you tube under collection rent a center..
workplace was great
Manager (Current Employee), Cherry Hill, NJMay 27, 2015
I did not like the company It was not a great place to work.I did like assisting the customers. Setting up new accounts.Doing more things at work.
would be a great job if management was together
DISTRICT MANGER Tomica Green (Former Employee), Springfield, VAApril 25, 2015
When I first started job was great when management changed everything changed. They are not organized, they take away time you have already worked. Customers are always great.
Sales, leasing furniture, helping people build credit by financing their furniture through the home store
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Frederick, MDApril 21, 2015
Helped people with bad credit get the furniture they wanted right away by leasing it and making a contract to make affordable monthly payments and by making the payments building their credit for any future purchases. Management wasn't the greatest, when I needed help I rarely got it and had to figure a lot of things out by myself. The hardest part of my job was unhappy customers and trying to talk someone into a contract. The most enjoyable part of the job was the co workers who made coming to work every day fun.
great company
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 20, 2015
Pros: good commission
Cons: long hours
I was laid due to a store closing but it is a good paying company that did send their employee on trips would like to work there again if possible
God placed me here to grow as a person.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Jackson, TNApril 2, 2015
My days would start by counting down cash drawers and taking deposits to the bank. When i returned I would start my first round of calls to past due customers. I would watch training videos during the day, take payments, and sign up new customers. In the evening i would do my second round of calls to our past due customers. The hardest part of my job was my boss. It was a challenge each day but I feel that God placed me there to learn and grow as a person. Also to teach me that you can't please everyone and you can't make everyone happy, but you don't ever give up.
RAC Review
Store Manager (Former Employee), Joliet, ILMarch 19, 2015
Not a great culture fit for me. I would not recommend working for RAC Acceptance or Rent a Center.

This work environment was not what I expected.
Fun Place to work
Sales Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Laurel, MDJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: okay benefits
Cons: alot of down time
a typical day at work is very boring there alot of down time and you can easily get bored. I learn to allways be open minded and no matter what give my customers their best experience. Management not so good. too much down time i like to stay active and allways do something to help the company.
Horrible hours, constantly changing SOP's, management is clueless
Manager (Former Employee), VirginiaDecember 26, 2014
Pros: quarterly bonuses if you meet above goals
Cons: horrible hours, upper management sucks.
I worked there 2 years. And in those two years, the SOP's were changed 5 times. It felt like this was a new company that still had no idea what it was doing and was throwing things at the wall and hoping something stuck. For all the work you are required to do (get new customers, retain current customers, do collection calls, set up dates for repossessions, verify files for new customers, file management and upkeep.) And those are only the MAJOR responsibilities, I'm not even including all the other stuff you have to do, they do no have enough people working there. In my store, there was 2 people. Most places get two, some lucky ones get three if they have a lot of customers. My store had over a 1000 customers, but we only had myself and an Asst. Manager working there, constantly keeping track of everything. Oh and as manager you are the errand boy. I had to go to COURT over some of these customers, and file all the legal documentation to do that. Yea they don't tell you that in the job description and it wasn't told to me when I got hired. This job pays you barely above minimum wage to do the work of 5 people. The stress will kill you, Stay away I swear it. The only good thing about this place is I got promoted pretty quickly but that's only because the Turnover is so high they have almost no one to fill spots so they just promote people that are already there.
On a scale from 1-10 it's about a 7 to work for them.
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Springfield, MODecember 25, 2014
Pros: you can dress nice for work.
Cons: to much down time.
It was a good company to work for. You make the bank deposit first thing in the morning. Then you file the reports. Then you check all the emails. I learned a lot about the rent to own business, the only way you can advance is to go from sales manager to district manager. The co-workers were hot and cold in the FFO Stores. The hardest part of the job was trying to sell the customer on furniture that has been marked up 300 percent. The best part of the job was that the district manager was very helpful.
Great Job, Horrible Hours
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYDecember 10, 2014
Extremely Busy Days
Long Hours
Okay Managment and Co Workers
Gained great experience.
Collections sucks.
Alot of room to move up.
Productive and Informative workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), OKC, OKDecember 8, 2014
I found this job to be enjoyable on a day to day basis. I would make and receive calls about bill payments and I would assist customers face to face in regards to their bills. I would review and approve/deny applications for the purchase of goods.
1st Week
Sales associate (Current Employee), FloridaNovember 24, 2014
Pros: na (become familiar with this term)
Cons: so far training and hourly pay which is pretty much too low for any job
Starting out as a sales associate, in my area hourly pay is $ 9.75 and maybe end of month bonuses. As far as training, take your thought processes back to 1983 because you're going to have to learn DOS because this is the operating system they use. Oh, and the computer runs on windows 97 or earlier. Yes, they do expect you to absorb it and remember it the first time. I would compare it to trying to hack into a NASA computer! Also, expect to work weekends which I have including twelve hours on Saturday. The rest of the week I've worked 11-8 every day. So far, the manager is tolerable but expect that to change soon. I agree with all other negative reviews regarding work life balance and high turnover. I've made it through a week and am already putting in apps. For posting this review, I really didn't want to give them any stars but it is making me.
productive day with much to do
Assistant Sales Manager (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 4, 2014
calling collections and account managing. working sales on the showroom sometimes cold calling for sales
Best company I have ever worked for.
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Cedar Park, TXOctober 22, 2014
I loved the fact that my hard work was noticed by my superiors and was fortunate enough to get promoted twice within a year of employment with the company.
A great company
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), Waldorf MdOctober 18, 2014
I love working for Rac Acceptance. It was long hours and I had to work every weekend cause I was the Manager. I love working inside another business cause the Sales Reps were great.
Not a good job for salesmen
CSR (Current Employee), Hoover, AlOctober 2, 2014
Pros: weekly pay, hour lunch
Cons: poor training, poor management, poor pay, no commission for salesmen
This company is not a good move for a long term career. I've been apart of training programs for other companies, but this one is terrible. If you're not prepared to basically learn everything the first time someone shoes you, this is not the job for you. There is no thorough training on the program you have to sell, How to properly use their systems and all of its function, heck even the process of making collection calls was vague and inconsistent. I complained about it to my manager and was made to feel like I didn't want to work and was told I needed to "think outside of the box". This is a poor excuse for a company, no wonder they have high turnover. Even the target market for their program is people who weren't brought up in a culture where people are taught how to properly manage money, so they've made bad financial choices. These are the people these vampires eat off of. Then they present it like they're helping them.
Long Hours
Sales Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Warren, MISeptember 12, 2014
Pros: weekly pay, health beneits
Cons: long hours, no work-life balance, poor training
Long hours, if you have a family you will hardly see them, not a good job to get if you are a student

1 2 3 4 5