RAC Acceptance Employee Reviews

Fast pace and productive enviorment
District Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 20, 2017
On a daily basis I would review reports and make any corrections as well as audit the prior day productions from employees and assist with any necessary adjustments needed to get employees ready for the next position. Would start on collection activity and oversee everyone is following the collection laws. Daily I will have meetings with client to discuss the production of Acceptance Now. Our office was # 1 for over a year and on.
Too much down time
SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 3, 2017
This company is a branch of Rent a center. So already not a lot of people like to hear that, because they know it's going to cost them a lot of money to get what they want. Long 10 hr work days. If you're full time your always there. You don't get much time to be with your family. You go into work at 9 or 10 in the morning and might not get off till 9 at night. Most of the clients you work with don't care about paying for what they got from you(which is a lease to own agreement). Meeting some of the goals management gives, you are not realistic. Management was almost never around. There is barely any change to move up in this company. Unless another location opens up, which isn't likely there days.
Pros
Good pay and Benefits
Cons
10hr day, No opportunity for advancement, Management not there when needed
For those with no self respect and dignity
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 1, 2016
Horrible place to work if you have any level of a conscious. I literally set people up to fail. SOPs were a joke and abused for profit gains. Long hours, low pay, low moral, very expensive to unaware clients, extremely stressful and humiliating work environment. Management very disrespectful and only looking out for themselves and their 'favorites'. I would not recommend this job as it costs you more than you could ever imagine. I couldn't accept how low I had to stoop to earn my paltry paycheck. This company will trive at the cost of many.
Pros
Amazing direct coworker support. Good health benefits.
Cons
Unable to endorse a company that cheats others for profit.
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  New Carrollton, MDNovember 15, 2016
This job was really good. The only down fall was the training I received to learn the job. It was more read a book and then get to work. If you don't learn quickly this is not a job for you. The management changed VERY offen (like i had 4 managers in 3 months).
Pros
My customers
Cons
Training
....review summary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 20, 2017
I would write policies for customers to finance furniture. Also we sold appliances. I would take payments on a daily basis. I would send invoices so the guys could delivery and pickup items.
Good place to work.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILFebruary 2, 2017
Great place to work I learned a great deal about the rent to own industry. My only reason for leaving was for a position with more advancement potential.
Pros
great environment
Cons
no room for advancement
Fun and laid back
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 7, 2016
Very laid back. Enjoyed the peoplr of the store. I was able to be in control of my store and was paid every week with full benefits. Great job for a single person. Not a student
Pros
BENEFITS AND PAY
Cons
VERY LONG HOURS
Bring companies together
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJune 23, 2016
Sale of furniture and creating leasing contracts to individuals with changeling credit. Learned how to create bond with sale people to recommend our programs to customers. I enjoyed helping people rebuild their credit. The hardest was the mandatory over time each week.
Pros
Working close to home
Cons
Not every one followed the policy and procedures.
Long hours no life balance
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAJuly 31, 2016
I do not wish to ever work there again. No weekends off unless you beg. The starting pay is $10.50-10.75. There is no room for growth. The farthest you may go is store manager.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Long hours no life balance
long hours but fun job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXSeptember 15, 2016
I put in a lot of hours but I learned so much. District managers are ok for the most part. Hard core collections in this field.
Pros
good pay
good job overall
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 12, 2016
good job overall can be slow at times if your in a new store and have to start up business. for the pay its pretty good for the sales manager. wouldnt recommend financing furiture through them unless you want to pay 3 to 4 x's the price.
Awful with ensuring employees are happy.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHMay 31, 2016
Long hours and angry customers. Horrible interest rate that the employees have to work around in order to create sales and then when the customers learn of the price hike they become enraged. Hard to keep credit down.
Offered extended warranties
Customer Service Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAFebruary 28, 2016
Spoke to customers who were interested in building their credit. The staff was fun and professional. Living Spaces offered many incentives such as; Starbucks coffee, snacks, and lunch every weekend.
Pros
Good energetic staff
Cons
Were forced to sale the exteded warranties which really didnt help the customer
opportunities to grow in this company were large
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 18, 2016
Enjoyed working there, though only briefly did i get the opportunity to work with the district manager to help improve over all sales.
Rac
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 23, 2016
It was a wonderful place to work I have a lot of fun working for them this job was located in Dallas and I got relocated to Florida
Love my job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAMarch 8, 2016
I just love this company. Pay could be better but I love my job! I have had a few bad jobs but RAC Acceptance is the best job I've had.
Pros
Benefits, Room for advancement
Cons
Pay, no social life
Horrible
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 3, 2015
Call past due customers twice a day, just to get cursed out and have them steal. The DM lets the managers do whatever they want and as the assistant or CSR you're the slave because you have to do all of the work while the manager gets most of the bonus. District 0866 in WPB the DM gossips and is hand off with any issues you may have, he'll literally not answer your calls.
Pros
Bonus checks
Sales Manager are lazy
Sales Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Erie, PADecember 6, 2015
Erie Pa sales managers are there for a check does not work with Assistant and will let the assistant do all the work no weekend off you have to stand up for what's your right as a person no one a fool and they are shady....hint..hint..
Pros
you working
Cons
be careful who the sales mgr are
Good company but needs some adjustment to maintain company grow. Needs also to review the human resources management and motivation.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Hato Rey, PROctober 14, 2015
Very hard work. Usually work low on staff, Too much Past Due Calls. The upper management force you to break the company Standard Operations Procedures to achieve the Past Due Goals, no matter than the company image is affected on the market. Seniors managers focuses more on their personal goals than the company and forget that they have to provide vision and strategy to the lower management, to improve company conversion rates. Senior management blame on lower management and all coworkers constantly increasing tension and affecting the overall work balance.

The most enjoyable part of the work is to serve and help customer obtain what they want without credit.
Pros
Good compensation and benefits
Cons
Very bad on human resources management
Long hours and low pay
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GASeptember 22, 2015
Days consist of 12 hour days. The normal work week consists of 44 hours a week. Benefits are not available for at least 90 days. There was some room for advancement as people leave sales manager positions in other stores. Lots of cold calling and sales pitching to potential customers
Pros
laid back except on weekends and holidays
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RAC Acceptance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9