RAC Acceptance Employee Reviews

Easy to work for
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Pineville, NCJanuary 9, 2016
This was a great company to work for. They offered great hours and had a friendly staff. L.R Gorrell was an industrial business and offered training if needed.
Pros
freindly
Cons
to far
Sales Manager are lazy
Sales Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Erie, PADecember 6, 2015
Erie Pa sales managers are there for a check does not work with Assistant and will let the assistant do all the work no weekend off you have to stand up for what's your right as a person no one a fool and they are shady....hint..hint..
Pros
you working
Cons
be careful who the sales mgr are
Successful Organization
DISTRICT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 30, 2015
Very organized and well run company that provides employees with various opportunities for growth as well as providing fair compensation as well as benefits.
NA
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 4, 2015
Fun place to work at. made a lot of friends there. good benefits and pay. flexible schedule. really enjoyed the fast paced environment
Horrible
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 3, 2015
Call past due customers twice a day, just to get cursed out and have them steal. The DM lets the managers do whatever they want and as the assistant or CSR you're the slave because you have to do all of the work while the manager gets most of the bonus. District 0866 in WPB the DM gossips and is hand off with any issues you may have, he'll literally not answer your calls.
Pros
Bonus checks
TOO MANY ISSUES
csr (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 3, 2015
Working for Acceptance now means that you will not have a life. You work Monday through Sunday all day long. You are required to sell and are required to collect on past due accounts. You will be held accountable for customers who do not pay. Rules and regulations change daily.
Rewarding
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 20, 2015
Meeting the needs for customers by listening and meeting their expectations of the company. Enjoyed team building and setting and meeting goals
Pros
Working with public
Cons
not getting everyone appoved
Good company but needs some adjustment to maintain company grow. Needs also to review the human resources management and motivation.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Hato Rey, PROctober 14, 2015
Very hard work. Usually work low on staff, Too much Past Due Calls. The upper management force you to break the company Standard Operations Procedures to achieve the Past Due Goals, no matter than the company image is affected on the market. Seniors managers focuses more on their personal goals than the company and forget that they have to provide vision and strategy to the lower management, to improve company conversion rates. Senior management blame on lower management and all coworkers constantly increasing tension and affecting the overall work balance.

The most enjoyable part of the work is to serve and help customer obtain what they want without credit.
Pros
Good compensation and benefits
Cons
Very bad on human resources management
Long hours and low pay
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GASeptember 22, 2015
Days consist of 12 hour days. The normal work week consists of 44 hours a week. Benefits are not available for at least 90 days. There was some room for advancement as people leave sales manager positions in other stores. Lots of cold calling and sales pitching to potential customers
Pros
laid back except on weekends and holidays
Cons
Falls short of company mission statement
Lead Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh NCAugust 12, 2015
A day begins early and ends late. There is time for a short lunch break. Company changes expectations on an almost weekly basis and will abruptly change hours worked and/or pay rates with little to no warning. Management is very numbers driven and tries to put a positive spin on policy changes that can negatively affect employees.
Sales
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 25, 2015
Approving and giving credit to customer who were not approve. Making sales and customer service the hardest part were the collection calls.
Pros
Sales
Cons
Travel
Hard work with high expectations and no grattitude for it
sales manager (Former Employee) –  cincinnatiJune 23, 2015
a typical 12 hours day is spending the first 4 hours calling past due customers and all their references next 4 hours is sell sell sell and the last 4 hours are,, you guessed it call the same people you called again. the best part of the job is the host store because you build a close relationship with those co workers and help them sell the product. management does little to help with unobtainable goals. if you do take this job make sure it is a new location, this job is rent to own as in rent a center but only with new merchandise.
Pros
pay is good but you have mandatory 50 hours work weeks
Cons
no family time what so ever
Own by Rent a Center
sales collections (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAJune 2, 2015
have your ever made 9 different reports of what i did in the day?
I have, is not like someone read it before it went to the trash, but you must comply... just in case...

I learned a lot while working for this company,first as a sales person then collection agent,
But i also endured a lot, same day or constant schedule changes, i checked, their allowed to do that,
I requested my birthday 2 months in advance and it was denied, they try to organize your vacations to their schedule.. 2 days here, 2 here...
this company is nothing but a legalize scam.
they are allowed to charge what's practically 250%-300% interest because they are a lease to own
I seen so many collection violations,calls on Sundays or holidays but they ask us not to record them.
they low key applaud unfair collection practices,"I don't care how you get it done, just do it... I just don't want to hear about it"
I called H.R but they don't care they just gave me some bookspan and hung up.
There is a few honest people that work there, and I know they care about their family and they do the job as best as possible, but they cant compete with unrealistic expectations from bosses, and with coworkers that kick doors, or call customers over and over.. and over...

... but just look them up on google or you tube under collection rent a center..
workplace was great
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMay 27, 2015
I did not like the company It was not a great place to work.I did like assisting the customers. Setting up new accounts.Doing more things at work.
would be a great job if management was together
DISTRICT MANGER Tomica Green (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAApril 25, 2015
When I first started job was great when management changed everything changed. They are not organized, they take away time you have already worked. Customers are always great.
Sales, leasing furniture, helping people build credit by financing their furniture through the home store
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDApril 21, 2015
Helped people with bad credit get the furniture they wanted right away by leasing it and making a contract to make affordable monthly payments and by making the payments building their credit for any future purchases. Management wasn't the greatest, when I needed help I rarely got it and had to figure a lot of things out by myself. The hardest part of my job was unhappy customers and trying to talk someone into a contract. The most enjoyable part of the job was the co workers who made coming to work every day fun.
great company
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 20, 2015
I was laid due to a store closing but it is a good paying company that did send their employee on trips would like to work there again if possible
Pros
good commission
Cons
God placed me here to grow as a person.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNApril 2, 2015
My days would start by counting down cash drawers and taking deposits to the bank. When i returned I would start my first round of calls to past due customers. I would watch training videos during the day, take payments, and sign up new customers. In the evening i would do my second round of calls to our past due customers. The hardest part of my job was my boss. It was a challenge each day but I feel that God placed me there to learn and grow as a person. Also to teach me that you can't please everyone and you can't make everyone happy, but you don't ever give up.
RAC Review
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILMarch 19, 2015
Not a great culture fit for me. I would not recommend working for RAC Acceptance or Rent a Center.

This work environment was not what I expected.
Fun Place to work
Sales Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJanuary 27, 2015
a typical day at work is very boring there alot of down time and you can easily get bored. I learn to allways be open minded and no matter what give my customers their best experience. Management not so good. too much down time i like to stay active and allways do something to help the company.
Pros
okay benefits
Cons
alot of down time

2.9