RAC Acceptance Employee Reviews

Loved it
Sales Manager/ Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calumet City, ILOctober 3, 2017
Loved my job, loved working with the customers. It was a shame because we had great overhead for our district but corporate felt different and removed all of the good district reps
Productive and challenging
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 18, 2017
A typical day at work was always interesting. I learned to challenge myself and surpass those challenges. Management was always there to help and motivate to succeed. The hardest part of the job was to reach goals on a daily basis as per percentages on sales and collections. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new customers.
Pros
Managers were motivating and incentives were available if performing a good job.
This is a great job for people who does have a life
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 17, 2017
I worked many hours and very few days off. I had to call over a hundred people a day to get them to bill THIER bills. it was like pulling teeth. i was required to work 50 hours a week.
RAC Acceptance
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXSeptember 14, 2017
Quick paced, credit repair, furniture rental position. Not a lot of time off due to understaffing at locations. Management is only in it for the money, no true help for the customers.
Cutthroat, Management stabbing other "competition" in the back
ASSISTANT SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs National Park, ARSeptember 9, 2017
I would never work for this company again, not even to save my life. Not only was I dealing with moral issues selling brand new furniture for 3.5x it's value (which is already expensive anyway) to people that couldn't even afford to make the payments, but I was having to deal with the competitive nature of other coworkers trying to tear down their competition in an effort to move up the corporate ladder. Very cutthroat.
Pros
None.
Cons
Cutthroat.
great job if you have no family life
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Reidsville, NCSeptember 9, 2017
I enjoyed my position as sales manager at Rac Acceptance. The only main issue I had with the company is there is no work/life balance. I was at work more than I was at home. I traveled 1 hour and 15 mins to and from work every day. I only had 1 day a week off. If I could have worked out a balance between work and home I would have returned to work after I had my daughter.
Na
SALES ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 7, 2017
You will work a lot of hours and deal with a lot people. Often times there is a lot of down time. There were a nice group of people to work with. The hardest part is being there all day but it is the nature of sales and retail.
Great company
Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILApril 16, 2017
What can I say. I would never work there again! I work at the company when it first opened. It was very unorganized and has little help with certain situations.
Pros
pay
Cons
hard to advance
the most enjoyable part of the job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 13, 2017
At RAC you have the opportunity to work with customers on a daily basis and provide help to families who can't afford to finance furniture.It's a great place to work and many opportunities are available.
Fast pace and productive enviorment
District Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 20, 2017
On a daily basis I would review reports and make any corrections as well as audit the prior day productions from employees and assist with any necessary adjustments needed to get employees ready for the next position. Would start on collection activity and oversee everyone is following the collection laws. Daily I will have meetings with client to discuss the production of Acceptance Now. Our office was # 1 for over a year and on.
Too much down time
SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 3, 2017
This company is a branch of Rent a center. So already not a lot of people like to hear that, because they know it's going to cost them a lot of money to get what they want. Long 10 hr work days. If you're full time your always there. You don't get much time to be with your family. You go into work at 9 or 10 in the morning and might not get off till 9 at night. Most of the clients you work with don't care about paying for what they got from you(which is a lease to own agreement). Meeting some of the goals management gives, you are not realistic. Management was almost never around. There is barely any change to move up in this company. Unless another location opens up, which isn't likely there days.
Pros
Good pay and Benefits
Cons
10hr day, No opportunity for advancement, Management not there when needed
Good place to work.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILFebruary 2, 2017
Great place to work I learned a great deal about the rent to own industry. My only reason for leaving was for a position with more advancement potential.
Pros
great environment
Cons
no room for advancement
....review summary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 20, 2017
I would write policies for customers to finance furniture. Also we sold appliances. I would take payments on a daily basis. I would send invoices so the guys could delivery and pickup items.
A Stressful environment to work...
Collection Specialist/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLDecember 7, 2016
I started out at a host store location, when I was tranferred to the Collections Warehouse. My duties were vast, with am accident caused me to take some time off, and later to be relocated at another host store.
Fun and laid back
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 7, 2016
Very laid back. Enjoyed the peoplr of the store. I was able to be in control of my store and was paid every week with full benefits. Great job for a single person. Not a student
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Very long hours
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  New Carrollton, MDNovember 15, 2016
This job was really good. The only down fall was the training I received to learn the job. It was more read a book and then get to work. If you don't learn quickly this is not a job for you. The management changed VERY offen (like i had 4 managers in 3 months).
Pros
My customers
Cons
Training
long hours but fun job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXSeptember 15, 2016
I put in a lot of hours but I learned so much. District managers are ok for the most part. Hard core collections in this field.
Pros
good pay
Cons
For those with no self respect and dignity
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 1, 2016
Horrible place to work if you have any level of a conscious. I literally set people up to fail. SOPs were a joke and abused for profit gains. Long hours, low pay, low moral, very expensive to unaware clients, extremely stressful and humiliating work environment. Management very disrespectful and only looking out for themselves and their 'favorites'. I would not recommend this job as it costs you more than you could ever imagine. I couldn't accept how low I had to stoop to earn my paltry paycheck. This company will trive at the cost of many.
Pros
Amazing direct coworker support. Good health benefits.
Cons
Unable to endorse a company that cheats others for profit.
Long hours no life balance
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAJuly 31, 2016
I do not wish to ever work there again. No weekends off unless you beg. The starting pay is $10.50-10.75. There is no room for growth. The farthest you may go is store manager.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Long hours no life balance
Bring companies together
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJune 23, 2016
Sale of furniture and creating leasing contracts to individuals with changeling credit. Learned how to create bond with sale people to recommend our programs to customers. I enjoyed helping people rebuild their credit. The hardest was the mandatory over time each week.
Pros
Working close to home
Cons
Not every one followed the policy and procedures.