RaceTrac Petroleum, Inc.

RaceTrac Petroleum, Inc. Employee Reviews

It was a good place to work.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 22, 2017
Came right in and hopped on the register. If you didn't have customers you went out and checked the trash and the receipt paper. The workplace culture was nice.
Growing Company
Associate (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMarch 22, 2017
Great job if your in management or in college. Not much freedom, always on your feet without an actual break. I'm used to a sales type role and made a mistake by choosing this one to be honest.
Racetrac
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 15, 2017
I started as a Swing manager and quickly moved thru the ranks and was a store manager within 1 year. I loved my job I found that people followed leaders when they respected that leader because they were not afraid of work. The store I took over was well ran but by hard work and finding people of like minds moved the store into the top ten in the company. I was offered a lateral move closer to home to a store that was on the brinks of closing. Within one year the store was making a profitt for the first time in over ten years. and again was in the top ten stores in the company not for total sales but for profit. It was at this time that a got a new area manager who never believed a store that was once loosing money could operate at these high standards. Then over the next two years he was able to find reason to fire each on his managers including me and promote his friends from another area. Within two years after I left the stores were sold and the area manager was fire for having an affair with a night shift manager on company property.
Pros
Pride
Cons
Loss of trust
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 15, 2017
This company helps you excel to bigger sand better challenges in life if your a fast and swift learner.. typical day with this company is busy busy busy
great people
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLMarch 14, 2017
this is a great job if you can stand for 8 hours on end without any breaks. Its a very fast work life constantly running from one thing to the next. Its great if you are looking to promote but my problem is its not worth $11.00 an hour and a monthly bonus when you are working as a manager 9 1/2 hour shifts with no breaks sometimes no time to eat or use the bathroom. I was supposed to promote to a shift manager back in January and I refused the offer. I love the customers and helping people and being able to make people smile but I am unable to do that as a manager as i would not be on floor as much or talking to customers.
Pros
great people
Cons
no breaks
Can be a fun workplace
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMarch 14, 2017
Can be fun as well as beneficial , management can be poor sometimes . Very fast pace place to work . The customers are usually very friendly . Provide great service and your job becomes very easy .
productivity
Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 13, 2017
vendors and customer service good place to work. depending on where store location and people you work with every body workds differently.........................
ok job
Store Clerk / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Oglethorpe, GAMarch 13, 2017
learn do cashier stuff, clean and stock up store, it was too far to work, i found other near my home, i only job few months, but its a good try work at the gas station
Great company
Night Associate (Current Employee) –  South Florida, FLMarch 13, 2017
All depends on who you work with, not hard work, easy to move up to a manager if you know what you are doing with the paperwork and a computer, only con is dealing with irrate customers
nice employes and good workplace
Service Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLMarch 10, 2017
Working at raceway gave me opportunities that i needed. The people are nice and the work environment was suitable. Their was no hard part of the job at all.
great place to get promoted
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMarch 9, 2017
Racetrac is always hiring and always looking for improvements within the company. Easy to get promoted and easy to work here. Management is easy to get along with/
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLMarch 9, 2017
A typical day at work goes by pretty fast , theres never a time when the store is empty. I learned to count inventory and some other management skills. The management team is very understanding but when its time for business they take it very serious which is a good thing. Everyone helps everyone and everyone got along . There weren't any hard parts and every day and moment was enjoyable.
Pros
Group Activities, everyone felt like family
Cons
Productive and fun working environment.
Guest Associate (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLMarch 9, 2017
Everyday it's basically the same thing. Helping guest, keeping items stocked and cleaning. Management is okay. The hardest part of this job is dealing with unhappy customers. Yet, the most enjoyable is meeting new people everyday.
3rd Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 8, 2017
Very easy, if juggling school, and needing money, then racetrac is the place. Management isn't all it's held up too, but you can definitely make some money.
Pros
Weekly pay, management gets monthly bonuses, associate schedule is awesome.
Cons
Bad sleep schedule, bad social hour
Walk away
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 7, 2017
It makes good money, you do get bonus checks after being a manger for three months. The money is nice but the bs you put up with it is not, you will have no life at all.
A great place to work and room for improvement
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 7, 2017
A typical day of work at Racetrac would be a face paced environment, all day customer service, stocking shelves,and constant cleaning. The hardest part of the job is having little to no downtime so that you can get the store in order.The most enjoyable part of the job are making the customers happy, and working with a great staff.
Pros
Good pay coming in as a associate, great benefits, paid weekly, great atmosphere
Cons
real short breaks, a lot of standing, open on all holidays
Fun
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAMarch 6, 2017
It was a fun environment. I met a lot of great people as well as learned different types of shoes and brands. They were a very cool company to work with.
Productive, & very interactive with guest
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLMarch 3, 2017
Racetrac is a great company to work for. I worked as an cashier, & for my first time ever working at a gas station, I was pleasantly pleased & suprised. RaceTrac's is a very spacious, clean, & positive enviroment. One of the best companies I've ever worked for.
Pros
Discounts off of RaceTrac branded items
Great happy place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 1, 2017
its a great job and it gives the opportunity to move up. would love to return and work there again. It's a fun environment and it challenges you to be better and work.
fun workplace
Co- Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 1, 2017
if you like to meet new people this will be the place for you. it is fun type of atmosphere although the pay is not all that great. Its easy to move up in the company,they do believe in promoting from within. the downside is that there are no breaks or lunches and can sometimes be a lot of bickering between employees. a lot of standing, lifting, and bending (can be stressful)
Pros
nice customers (sometimes)
Cons
no breaks or lunch, little pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RaceTrac Petroleum, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

RaceTrac Petroleum, Inc. Reviews by Location