RaceTrac Petroleum, Inc.

RaceTrac Petroleum, Inc. Employer Reviews

Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Okeechobee, FLFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: great management
Cons: no lunch breaks
a Typical day at work is very busy but it keeps you preoccupied. I learned great guest service, and great cash control. My Management Was Awesome And Helpful Including My coworkers . The Hardest Part Of The Job Was Maintaining Without Any Lunch Break. But The Most Enjoyable Part Was Satisfying Each And Every Guest.
Favorite job thus far
Cashier (Former Employee), Frisco, TXFebruary 22, 2015
A typical day is come in joke around with coworkers and managers alike. Go make sure everything is set up and good to go. Then go get on register and deal with the regulars. Most fun job ive had
High Produductivity
Regional Technician & Trainer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 17, 2015
Great place to work & great people to work with. I love going to the different stores to help them with any technical issues they are having.
Fast Pace and friendly
Night Shift Manager (Current Employee), Arlington, TXFebruary 11, 2015
I love my job. It is a great company to work for. It was taught me the knowledge of learning the oil industry. It's a fun job, I enjoy going to work everyday . The company is very family oriented that always makes it easier. You grow a close bond with you co-workers.
Grease Trap, poor employee moral
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Leesburg, FLFebruary 7, 2015
I worked her in the middle of a divorce from domestic violence, company refused to help me stay incognito, let me go because my ex husband would call 5 times a night on the company phone just to see if I was at work.
Productive Workplace With Enjoyable Staff
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee), Frisco, TXFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: benefits, weekly pay, management
Cons: no breaks
A typical day of work consisted of handling associate responsibilities. An individual is either food service (FS), general merchandise (GM) or lead cashier. If an associate were in food service, they were responsible for making sure all the coffee and food in the store were freshly put out in a timely manner, and they were required to keep their food service section (coffee, hot case, rollergrill and yogurt section) fully stocked and well presented. They are also to keep their side of the store neatly kept, cleaned and organized. If the associate were in general merchandise, the associate was responsible for making sure all products were stocked on the floor in a FIFO (First in First out) order, all expired items are to be removed, and to make sure the fountain drink section was fully stocked. This person may also be in charge of merchandise stock take or cigarette and OTP (other tobacco products) stock takes. This associate is also responsible for keeping their side of the store neatly kept and organized. The associates present that day decided among each other who were to do the other tasks such as lot sweep, cleaning the bathrooms and taking out the trash.
I learned that you cannot be over bearing to new coming employees, you must secure that you are willing for them to achieve along with yourself. A successful business is held up by a strong circle of success thirsty employees.
I found it to be very easy for some people to be promoted into management, but with that said, each manager was ensured to be trained properly to make each shift of the day successful.
I got along – more... great with my co-workers. I don't typically have a hard time getting along with people so working with them and striving to succeed with them was easily obtained.
The hardest part about not only this job but ANY job is being on time. If that was one thing I've learned from all of my previous employers, to just be on time and prove your eagerness and effort was sure to send you a long ways.
And lastly but definitely not least, the most enjoyable part of this job were the amazing guests we had at this location. I looked forward to each day to see the smiles on my familiar regular guests faces. Just to know they returned to our location let me know that my team and I successfully achieved their requirements for them to come back for our same services. – less
PRODUCTIVE AND FRIENDLY
GUEST SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Boynton Beach, FLJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: works around school and any other duties
Cons: lack of teamwork
ITS A VERY BUSY WORK ENVIORNMENT I LOVE THAT . MY CO-WORKERS AND I TRY OUR BEST TPO WORK AS A TEAM. DEALING WITH NEGATIVE CUSTOMERS IS ALWAYS HARD BUT WE TEND TO TURN THEM INTO A POSITIVE . WE TREAT OUR CUSTOMERS AS GUEST AND TRY OUR BEST TO PLEASE THEM.
Racetrac Associate
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Fort Worth/ North richland hills, TexasJanuary 30, 2015
Performed store opening and closing duties; array of cashier duties, including money management, balance sheet and money safe; greeted customer; maintained clean environment within store/outside property; food preparation and organization. Communicate store initiatives and promotions to customers.
racetrac
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAJanuary 29, 2015
I work everyday and you don't have time for Family and you clean things that make you throw up
Shift Manager
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Florida City, FLJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: great growth opportunity
Cons: long schedules
Working at Racetrac showed me alot, its a big fun oriented company, with awesome co -workers. You have great chances of growth, based on you hard work and dedication promotions come quickly.
Has great benefits and pay making over 40 hours on a weekly basis.
Great career opportunity
Co Manager (Former Employee), Ormond Beach, FLJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: free drinks and many locations
Cons: no scheduled breaks .
Hard work , great teams , and many resources . Great training , everyone is always there to help , and very easy to move up in the company .
Overall fun and enjoyable workplace!
Night Manager (Current Employee), Largo, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: free fountain drinks & coffee
Cons: no breaks, no benefits, very limited on how the shifts to work as a manager
I'm a 3rd shift manager so it always seems to be a quite a joy ride with all types of different people & things that go on in the middle of the night. Because majority of people that are out late at night are people that are out clubbing or at the bar all night & they are most likely very drunk by the time they get to you.
Very political company to work for
Manager (Former Employee), Brooksville, FLJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: management recieved bonuses monthly
Cons: treated entery level management poorly
Very political for management. Always changing their policies and never sticking to what was decided on. Company told all stores that they would update the computer systems but put it on hold to build new stores leaving the older stores with slow low performing computers. Operation supervisor never kept his word on decisions made.
very high pace
Store Associate (Former Employee), Decatur, GAJanuary 15, 2015
very high pace environment, the most enjoyable part of the job is te direct connection you get with so many people from all walks of life when they pay for there gas.
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Hiram, GAJanuary 13, 2015
A fun place to work. Lots of opportunities for advancement. Its a fast-paced, fun environment. Great leadership training and benefits. Co-workers are friendly.
Fun company but can burn you out eventually
Manager (Current Employee), Union City, GAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: free fountain drinks/coffee. good job advancement
Cons: horrible work/life balance.
Racetrac is a great company to work for. You can meet new people every day, your managers can be either great to work with or horrible. It's a gamble...but overall, it's a great place to be if you don't mind dealing with the general public.
ITS AN OK PLACE
Night Manager (Current Employee), Lutz, FLJanuary 9, 2015
SOME TIME GREAT TO WORK HERE, SOME TIME NO SO GREAT TO WORK HERE. IN EVERY EYE THIRD SHIFT DONT MATTER. ON MUST DAYS TO EXPECT TO GET OUT ON TIME. FIRST YEAR EVERYONE WAS HELPFUL. GOT PROMOTED AND IT WAS JUST YOU OUT THERE BY YOURSELF. YOU EITHER GET IT RIGHT OR THEY FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN. NO HELP FROM UPPER MANAGEMENT. A DO THIS DO THAT TYPE OF COMPANY AND DONT ASK WHY!
Great place of growth and Opportunity
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Stuart, FLJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: great opportunity for growth
Everyday is a chance to learn something that not only applies to the workplace but to also to daily life. A career that promotes and demonstrates embracing innovation, building talent, and over great morale!
they are real flexible about when you can work and when you can not
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Mableton, GAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: you get paid every week
Cons: you don't really get raises
over all it is a great company to work for, i have been working for them for over three years
busy work, many opportunities for advancement
Swing Manager (Former Employee), Inverness, FLJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: good management, great pay
Cons: no sitting, no breaks, terrible shifts, no personal life when in management
Company trains well, advances well and moves management around to other stores as not to get too comfortable or stale in one place.

1 2 3 4 5

About RaceTrac Petroleum, Inc.

Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, RaceTrac is a third-generation, family-owned company that is comprised of three operating divisions: – Read more