RaceTrac Petroleum, Inc.

RaceTrac Petroleum, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Fun and engaging place to work
Field Services Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 21, 2016
My time with the company was enjoyable. There was an open-door policy with management and the executives were engaged with all employees. My co-workers and I worked together as a team and had a great relationship. Daily changes in procedures were challenging but adaptable. Overall, a great place to work!
Pros
Family-oriented and engaging
Cons
unclear policies
Management experience
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAApril 20, 2016
the primary responsibilities are training and development .. In charged of driving sales ,monitoring inventory .. All in all a bit challenging but rewarding at the end..
Pros
meet new people
Cons
no lunch break
It had pluses, but the cons outweighed the pros. Didn't feel terribly valued
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 19, 2016
not the best experience. promotions/advancement could be hard to come by, but you see the same favorites getting multiple promotions in a short amount of time. Pay was also the most below market value (by position) for any other industry or company I have worked in or for. Laid back work environment and dress code are pluses. Work was fun at times, too.
busy, unreliable, constant worry of job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAApril 16, 2016
Definitely not my favorite place to work. Mainly due to management team. They offer moving up as an associate to a manager a little too freely rather than getting to know the person they are promoting. Usually it's to fill the position that's open. The experienced gained was perfect. Through the job you have to be organized and efficient. Our guest were always priority.
Pros
free food, can talk to guest and hopefully a great fellow associate
Cons
short breaks, they'll hire anyone.
A very busy but fun work environment.
Night Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAApril 14, 2016
With Racetrac being one of the bigger gas station companies more of everything came about referring to problems, customers, work assignment's. I kept my with a awareness with what's around me.
great starter job with great benifits
Associate (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 5, 2016
Racetrac has many opportunities that many people could take advantage of. I worked at night where i simply cleaned and handled the cash wrap. I had manager training there as well.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
lot of annoying crazy folks that come in sometimes
Exciting and enjoyable company to work for.
Training Manager, Reset Coordinator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Georgia, AL, Tn, LouisianaMarch 27, 2016
I enjoyed my tenure with Racetrac Petroleum. You always knew where you stood with you supervisors and with the company as a whole. Would still be employed there, had they not franchised the store out.
Pros
Friendly work environment, advancement
Cons
short breaks/no breaks.
The job was very tedious, but in a great way.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chalmette, LAMarch 21, 2016
I normally unloaded the trucks, assisted my customers, and/or coworkers if needed. I stocked shelves with new items, and brought back stock the front of the store. Also responsible for making sure that we had everything that needed to be wasted in the trash, and put out fresh items to keep store looking at its best.
Pros
busy, free drink, great schedule set up
Cons
part time only recieves 15-20 hours
fast and fun work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXMarch 16, 2016
At this job ive learned to work in a fast and steady pace. The customer service is awesome. The most enjoyable part for the job is interacting with others/customers in a respectful manner. There really anybhardthings about the job. The managers and co workers are very easy to get along with. Its all about treat people you want to be treated
enjoyable workplace with positive and hardworking employees
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 12, 2016
its all about teamwork, coworkers and managers are supportive and its a positive workplace at all times. I enjoy the different costumers that come in everyday from different city's. i learned a lot about taking the lead and doing more than whats expected of you.
fast paced work environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 2, 2016
mostly cashier. during slower periods clean floors, stock shelves, inventory, food prep, lot cleaning, trash disposal. Management was nice but mostly absent but my co workers were friendly and helpful during my training process.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
working in the freezers
Job Security and Benefits
Associate (Current Employee) –  Opelousas, LAFebruary 22, 2016
The job starts you at a nice rate and its very easy to move up if you have right management. The work is very simple and productive.
Pros
employee discounts, above minimum wage, simple work
Cons
management, no lunch breaks, cut hours
great experience, overall.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLFebruary 20, 2016
Great place to works, builds great character. But if you expect others to be as compassionate as you are on the team you are mistaken.
Good Environment To Work And Meet People
Customer Sales Rep. (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 17, 2016
Overall i really liked working at this job. We were located right off the highway exit so i met a lot of people when i worked there. The hardest partof the job might have been dealing with drunk customers but it was really a safe environment i felt secure at this job and i think the most enjoyable part about this job had to been meeting celebrities that stopped in the store
Pros
Gas Coupons
Cons
Short Breaks
Guest-Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Cumming, GAFebruary 13, 2016
It was a fun experience and thanks to co-workers I always had a smile on my face. The work was tedious and hard, but the experience was completely worth it.
Pros
People, the atmosphere, fun environment, food discount
hectic environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  North Port, FLFebruary 10, 2016
Working at racetrac i did not get much training before being told to go out on my own. I did however succeed in everything i did there and moved up to management within 6 months of being there. Management could care less about you but as long as you are there doing work, they leave you alone. Low level corporate leaves much to be desired as they dont communicate well and are only interested in numbers and not their people.
great
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 9, 2016
working here has been great. I work with such an awesome team and plus the company is always so flexible with my schedule. I would definitely recommend working for racetrack.
Great for students or second job
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Port Richey, FLFebruary 9, 2016
RaceTrac is a good place to work temporarily. This is not a place to invest in. Either move up or move on. Being a full-time associate you get taken advantage of. They pretty much clarify that full-time associates are expected to know everything a shift manager knows except you do not get paid for it. They will put you running shift every chance they get. You only see more money if you commit to being a manager and working 47.5 hours a week. If another associate calls off and you cannot find coverage, you will be seeing a lot more hours. This is not a place for people with responsibility to a family.
Pros
Benefits, 401K, Flexible-schedule
Cons
No breaks, No pay advancement
Construction Assistant Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 9, 2016
This company at the time I was employed there was a very good company to work for. The work was challenging and face paced. The leadership was very good and there was support from the corporate office.
Pros
many
Cons
few
High stress retail enviroment with the ability to impact and grow employees
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 8, 2016
High stress work environment with the ability to impact and grow employees. Exposure to many facets of the company on how many different departments effect the overall success of the organization.
Pros
Create your own work schedule, promote hardworking employees
Cons
Work life balance