Rack Room Shoes Employee Reviews

Face pace environment with great customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 23, 2017
At Rack room shoes i would usually ring people up, stock shoes, and clean at the end of the night. I learned more retail experiences and more about the store its self.
Pros
great discounts
Cons
bad managment
It was productive place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2017
I would greet all my customers and telll them our buy one get one half off.And make sure if they need anything .What i learn from the job make sure all shoes are the same size and put up in right place.My mangers and coworkers where the best they help if i need their assistance.My hardest part about my job was try to make sure all the shoes were put in right place and finding the spot of the productsThe most that i enjoy about the job was the amazing shoes and promos that store had and letting customers know.
Great Environment...
n/a (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLMay 22, 2017
The pay is not good for such a large company. Hours vary to much.. manager seems to be really nice. this would be great for a teenager who is still in school just looking for a little money!
Pros
discount
Cons
pay is awful
A time
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 21, 2017
What you'll be doing is stocking shelves, cashier work, assisting customers, and keeping the store clean. It's usually slow the exceptions being weekends, holidays, and special seasons such as back to school
Pros
Discount, Pto
Cons
Little room for advancement if you are not management, Low raises for associates
Stressful place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCMay 16, 2017
Overall it's a great place to work. They don't distribute the hours evenly, also I don't think the pay is good as it should be. The managers rely too much on the Sales Associates to pick up their slack from earlier on in the day.
Cons
Paid unfairly, hours were not distributed evenly
The employees you work with are professional though also laid back
Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMay 14, 2017
It is a great place to work at. The other employees are very easy to get along with. When I worked there it was a family dynamic, definitely my favorite job. The hardest part is dealing with people who don't know how to clean up even a little. its quick paced for it is in a mall.
Pros
Co-workers, Breaks, Paid Time Off
Cons
Messes
Quite average.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 12, 2017
Not spectacular. Minimum wage is the starting point so not much excitement there. Keeping the store clean is not impossible. Stealing was a majr factor at Willow Lawn location.
A very "hands-on" job
3rd Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMay 12, 2017
I enjoyed working with the customers, it is a very "hands-on" job. I was able to advance to 3rd assistant manager rather quickly. I loved working with the merchandise, displaying them and promoting them.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
Doesn't pay the best
Having a job is nice, but it is very inconsistent
Sales Associate at Rack Room Shoes, Burbank (Current Employee) –  Burbank, OHMay 12, 2017
I enjoy work, I like to make money so I can try and save enough to pay for college. Some of our managers are very rude and I have experienced more drama in the year that I have worked there than the four years of high school.
Poor Upper Management
Manager Trainee/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Boaz, ALMay 12, 2017
During my time working with Rack Room Shoes I performed a wide array of tasks. My basic
daily job duties were working under the store manager to lead employee teams in assigned
stores. Basic duties include providing customer service in fast-paced sales environments,
training and disciplining workers, maintaining staff productivity, and promoting teamwork among
laborers. Each day I would assist the Store Manager in managing all day-to-day operations,
ensuring compliance with all Company policies and procedures. Provided guidance and
leadership to store staff, in coordination with the Store Manager’s direction. In the absence of
the Store Manager, assume full responsibility for all store operations. Exercise best efforts to
meet or exceed established sales and work goals
Pros
money
Cons
Managers
Great perks
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hampton Roads, VAMay 11, 2017
Helping customers find their new Shoes learning about new styles meeting new people working with people who become friends.making new friends learning to work at makeing others life better with a new pair of shoes.
Pros
Learning to work with customers
Cons
Not getting the hours needed to pay my bills.
Great place to work at for 1st job seekers
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMay 10, 2017
Definitely a great place to start your first job, minimum pay, but very little work with some great scheduling depending on your work ethics. Managers aren't the nicest or brightest, but maybe they have changed since I have been there. Not much room for growth here, not my choice for low pay and building management background.
Productive Work Place
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 10, 2017
The company was a good company to work for. The company had a steady growth and constant business. Found a problem with language barrier at the store I was working in .
Great place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 10, 2017
I enjoyed my time here. It was my first job so it helped shape my work ethic and give me a sense of retail. I was promoted to management after I turned 18 and remained here til they went out of business
Generally easy, although sometimes overwhelming.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Estero, FLMay 8, 2017
Retail is difficult anywhere as far as stress goes. As an assistant manager I learned many leadership skills that I will be able to carry over to many other jobs, however the company did not increase the pay of the experienced workers; instead, they raised the starting pay. The pay difference was completely unfair. Overall, I don't regret staying for as long as I did but since the company isn't budging on raises, I'm afraid I'll have to leave.
Pros
Discount on shoes including clearance, pto
Cons
Healthcare plans were too expensive for most employees, corporate's lack of loyalty
Pretty bad breaks.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXMay 8, 2017
It's been years since I worked there but I'll try and remember. I remember that we hardly got any breaks at all, and we were on our feet for a long time. Mostly the work was just stocking, though.
Awesome job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORMay 4, 2017
I was hoping to work here longer but unfortunately my family did not end up moving back to the bend area. Such an amazing place to work though. Great company!!
productive work space
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Millington, TNMay 2, 2017
My experience with rack room shoes was great but i was not quite making enough money their. I would like to further my education in businesses that can be a career, not a part time job.
Pros
lunch close by
Cons
short breaks
Fairly laid back yet still keeps up with productivity
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 1, 2017
The job was alright, I worked there for over a year. Helping customers, making transactions, cleaning up and recovering the store, shifting the shelves and making room for more shoes coming in during the week; that's basically the job. It's a very easy place to work.
Great place
Manger in Training (Current Employee) –  Canton, GAMay 1, 2017
Good people helps a lot, great discounts , if you need more hours you can call another store and go help them out . If you are sick or need to go to the doctor they will help cover for you.
Pros
great discounts, nice people
Cons
Lunches way to short

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rack Room Shoes. Our community is ready to answer.