Rack Room Shoes Employee Reviews in United States

very productive workplace
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSJuly 22, 2016
Process sales transactions, returns, and ensure that all related documentation is accurate and complete
Serve customers in a professional, courteous, and timely manner
Organize and rearrange merchandise and perform other store duties as needed
Communicate product knowledge effectively with customers to inform them
of the features, benefits, and use of all products and services.
Promising
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJuly 15, 2016
Great employer. Phenomenal co-workers. I've learned a lot about retail with this company. Definitely would re-apply again.
Great Place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJuly 14, 2016
Great management. Job stability not so much. Learned alot about shoes. It was a very convenient location inside the mall .Typical day consisted of standing most of the time.
Fun Place to Work
Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  Fort Oglethorpe, GAJuly 7, 2016
This job is a puzzle, its like playing a game of Tetris everytime you walk in the door and it never stops. If youre good at puzzles then this job is perfect for you, and they also work with students really well within this company.
Pros
40% discount on every shoe in the store
Cons
Your benifits dont start until you work there for a year and they arent worth anything.
wonderful staff
Sales associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 6, 2016
the staff was wonderful including management. everyone had an outgoing personality and was very friendly. I utilized my bilingual skills on a daily basis and never left a customer unsatisfied. I learned great customer service techniques and how to control a bad situation.
Laid back downtime yet strict workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 5, 2016
When you are first hired, they train you quickly and are kind about helping you out for your first days. They, in a way, expect you to learn quick. Every day of the week is a new and different task, the manager during your shift will tell you straight forward what needs to be done for the day. Weekdays, you will only work with the manager of the day. Weekends, you work with one other co-worker (or another manager) and the manager of the shift. Everyone is very laid back but are strict with the set rules. You'll do the tasks needed to be done for the done, along with cleaning up the store and assisting customers, and cleaning the store when you leave. The only hardest part is keeping up with the information of the products you are selling. You aren't expected to know by the workers but when customers begin to ask and you're new, you won't know how to help the customer meet their needs. I love how laid back everyone is, if we are working on a task, we'll have a conversation (when there are very little to none customers in the store). It's fun and all, I just didn't like the pay.
Pros
40% discount for yourself and family members in your household, 30 minute lunch break every 5 hours, 15 minute paid lunch break if you work less than 4 hours, not strict about hair color
Cons
it's minimum wage and you are not allowed to have facial piercings.
Relaxed Environment with Fires to be Extinguished
Project Manager & Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 27, 2016
Great job security as well as potential for sustainable career

Lots of room for learning and growth

Management very relaxed

Fun group of co-workers

Lots of grinding to do on the job

Overall relaxing job
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
Bad Work Hours
Unprofessional
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCJune 24, 2016
Alot has changed sense I have worked there! They are way more professional! The new staff is friendly, not taking smoke breaks every 3 seconds and defintely meet dress code requirements!
rich place fun and great
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJune 22, 2016
i learned how to fix cars anGPS,manage my office,i developed my computer skills,people work and making business outside the office and present the GPS devices to the buyersand i met new people
Typical retail job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJune 7, 2016
It was a place to work during college. Short hours, that a full time student could work to have money. Management and coworkers where youthful and fun. Not a difficult job if you love shoes.
Pros
Short hours for a college student
Cons
Holiday seasonal work
Good company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAMay 30, 2016
I loved working for Rack Room. It was very fast paced and I learned a lot of new merchandising tools. The "BOGO" everyday sale was very successful.
Productive and big store
Sale Associate/ Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVMay 26, 2016
During the week it slow.
You learn what shoes customers like.
Hardest part of the job is getting people signed up for loyalty program.
Some of the co-workers get the job and want hours but when there are hours available they do not want to take them.
Pros
get 40% off original price
Cons
short breaks, not enough hours for everyone to get what they want
Retail Store
FL Sales Associate/ Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 24, 2016
My typical work day at rack room consists of many things, as manager on duty I open the store. That mean I count the registers and do paperwork accordingly. This is an easy part of the day. I like working for the company. They take care of their employees and provide good support.
A pleasure to work there
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCMay 10, 2016
I gathered a variety of knowledge that is needed to grow within a retail environment, Such as checking if both shoes match, as well as the serial numbers and shoe sizes.
Good Job for work experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Crossville, TNMay 9, 2016
Good work environment, great management, gives experience working with people,experience working under stressful situations.
Rack Room Shoes
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 3, 2016
Never have they ever let me down when i needed help the most, they understand what it is like to be a new employee, Working never was any easier and the management team is superb! couldn't ask for any other way to be treated.
Pros
Helpful and understanding
Cons
sometimes only receiving minute breaks.
Fun work environement
Sales (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLApril 29, 2016
A typical day at work at Rack Room Shoes would be slow paced and very calming. The hardest part of the job was cleaning up after holiday seasons. What I have learned is that every shoe has a unique style to fit your feet perfectly.
Pros
Half off shoes
Cons
Pay
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pooler, GAApril 19, 2016
I really love this job working with customers and my work team is great management is awesome there is room for advancement
relaxed environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAApril 15, 2016
a typical day for me would be greeting customers as they walked in and helping them find shoes in their size. The management and my co-workers were always helpful. Hardest part of my job would be trying to help multiple people at the same time. Most enjoyable part of my job was engaging with each customer and helping them find what they needed.
I wished I could have stayed with the company longer.
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 3, 2016
I really enjoyed my time and experience with Rack Room Shoes. Learned a lot from this company. They taught me how to continuously strive hard to satisfy our customers no matter what I really loved that about this company.
Pros
You can move up into the company in short amount of time.
Cons
That I did not stay with the company long enough.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rack Room Shoes. Our community is ready to answer.