Rackspace

Rackspace Employer Reviews

Mickey Mouse Management
Employee (Current Employee), San Antonio, TX.August 13, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: bad sr. mgmt.
Can't make up their mind, and if they do, you must belong to their BFF Club to get anywhere. Centrally Managed from Texas, the rest of the teams are a "Rubber Stamp" If I hear about their "Culture" one more time, I'll loss my lunch Existing Mgmt. is afraid of bringing in real talent and experience that would demonstrate how inept they really are.
Friendly atmosphere with a high level of professionalism
International Windows Administrator (Current Employee), TexasJune 25, 2014
Pros: co-workers are more like friends, we share knowledge
Cons: sometimes the queue can take over and become cumbersome at times
Greeting my co-workers and analyzing the alerting queue (made of tickets either customer related or server alerts) and any impacting maintenance's scheduled for the duration of my shift.

We liaise with our UK counterparts, and ensure a smooth handover before crunching down on the queue.
Then vs. Now
Marketing (Former Employee), San AntonioJune 25, 2014
Pros: culture; good benefits
Cons: too much culture; inexperienced managers;
Used to be a wonderful place to work but mid-management has spawned beyond control and become ineffective, even prohibitive. What was once a focused business model evolved into a jack of all trades and master of none. There are still a lot of caring, approachable, and talented people there but fear, uncertainty and doubt have permeated deep; so sad. – more... Almost all executives leaders of the company are very good people. Unfortunately, many new hires are brainwashed to focus on having fun instead and being reactive instead of ‘wowing’ customers; remember it’s a .com and not a .org. – less
Rackspace is an awesome place to work!
Backup Administrator I (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 27, 2014
Pros: cool place to work.
Cons: i will just say it was far to drive to from my house.
This company was an awesome place to work till they went public. I had awesome management and co-workers. The job was never to hard to do in my opinion. The people where the most enjoyable part. I still love Rackspace as a company.
good company
Net Lead (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 27, 2014
Pros: good company
Cons: average pay
good company. good work culture and great talents around. I enjoy working in this company
Fun place to work with great people
Project Administrator (Current Employee), San AntonioMarch 27, 2014
I would begin my day collecting updated from Project Managers who were awesome. I consolidated a lot of redundant information that was on our internal site. Overall fun experience.
Fun work environment with great opportunities
Software Developer II (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 9, 2014
A typical day of work is filled with a lot of work, fun times and great people. A great place to be in.
Good place to cut your teeth in tech
Racker (Former Employee), San AntonioJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: good start in tech
Cons: advancement could be difficult
Days where always interesting
Learned alot about tech
Leadership lacks over-sight
Political career advancement
I felt great when I could help a customer
• Experienced Business Analyst, with a passion to understand the business and the requirements and become a Subject Matter Expert for the IT team
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 19, 2013
• Experienced Business Analyst with an extensive knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies, such as-Waterfall, Agile and Rational Unified Process (RUP).
• Expertise in Business Modeling using MS Visio/Enterprise Architect/Rational Requisite Pro
• Expertise in Requirements Gathering through direct user interviews and workshops.
 – more... Experience in facilitating and conducting JAD sessions, interviews, workshops, and requirement elicitation sessions with end-users, clients, stakeholders and development team.
• Exceptional Documentation Skills for writing Business Requirements Document, Functional Requirement Documents, and Use Cases as well as for creating Use Case diagrams, Activity diagrams, based on UML Methodology and Business process flow diagrams.
• Defining Test Cases, creating Test plans, Test logs, Bug Triage, interacting with QA / dev teams in fixing errors.
• Excellent Client relationship management, analytical, problem solving, written and oral communication, and presentation skills.
• Ability to work independently or in a team/cross-functional teams, manage and prioritize multiple projects, quick learner.
• Experience in assisting the Development team during construction periods and assisting the QA team in test case design and performing UAT and provide presentations to the business team.
• Adept in creating and maintaining Traceability Matrix. – less
The culture was a relaxed, open, friends and family type of culture. They had a good system where they encouraged advancement within the company.
Revenue Integrity Operations Specialist II (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 7, 2013
Pros: great benefits package, great amentites like fueling stations throughout the building. start of the art gym, cross fit, periodic free lunches
Cons: sometimes very long hours, 13-14 hour days
A typical workday at Rackspace was always filled with new and different challenges faced with every contract and revenue ticket processed. I was also tasked with processing tax revenue credits, domestic and international dealing with the different currencies. I worked with a variety of departments on a daily basis and the culture made it an enjoyable – more... place for interaction with each individual person. Hardest part of the job was deadline days and meeting all expectations while maintaining a low error rate which I have been able to meet in the last 3 years of my employment. – less
Always helped us improve ourselves
Project Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 30, 2013
Pros: lots of opportunities for advancement, upper management support, great benefits, great pay, worked well with my life as a single parent
Cons: since this was a new company, they were still in flux and that made it difficult for me to excell in one position.
What I appreciated most about working at Rackspace was they were constantly helping me to be a better person and employee. Most of the job titles and responsibilities were the first time ever having those duties, but they believed in me enough to be in those roles. They gave me all the support I needed and I was successful.
Working at the Rack is great!
DC OPS TECH III/Lead Tech (Former Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILOctober 23, 2013
You work with cutting edge technology and its great! They really take care of their employees.
Avoid certain departments
Software (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 2, 2013
Pros: work / life balance
Cons: terrible management.lots of abuse of authority and mistreatment.
Supply Chain is bad. Lots of abuse of authority and mistreatment. Avoid working with Contract Compliance. The Director has no management or people skills. Since Rackspace requires only a High School diploma for most positions, you will have inexperienced, unsophisticated individuals all throughout the departments.
Cultured, Fun, Successful, creative business
A/R Relationship Specialist (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 23, 2013
• Primary point of contact for all customer collections/billing/payment issues
• Ensured the collections function is working efficiently by controlling credit to customers and collecting all monies due to minimize the risk of bad debt
• Initiated problem resolution by doing research and using various reconciliation techniques
• Dealt with internal and – more... external calls in a polite and timely manner
• Interacted closely with other internal departments – less
Many activities for community benefits
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Look forward to arriving at work. Leadership has door open for any type of discussion. Employees are like friends and family. Team meetings with open forum.
Great place to work...good co-workers
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILAugust 20, 2013
Learned a lot here about data centers and cloud computing. More than meets the eye.
Great working environment with the freedom to enjoy work & be productive.
Lead Generator (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 29, 2013
Pros: free lunch, the flexibilty to take a breaks & lunches when you would like, the amenities provided at work
Cons: rules were made on the fly
A typical work day would be fast paced taking both phone calls & chating on the computer. I learned to enhance the abilty to multi-task as well as learned about the hosting indusrty, which was entirely new to me at the time. The hardest part about the job was that we did not have any control of the traffic & amount of opportunites that we had. The team – more... environment & everyday excitement about work was one of the best things about the job. – less
Great place to work!
SEC Filing Intern (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 17, 2013
Really fun to work there. Lots of fun stuff going on all the time. Can be quite loud inside though. It's not your typical place to work so you have to really be able to focus in that sort of environment.
Horrible Company to work for
Software Developer III (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 11, 2013
Pros: free sodas
Cons: software projects as a whole at this company appear very dysfunctional
Manager was abusive and a bully, he was also extremely incompetent not only technically but showed very little to no experience being able to manage a team.
overall as a company, great but still learning their way. company not that old
inventory control (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXJune 4, 2013
excellent company overall, great coworkers, great conditions.

About Rackspace

Rackspace Hosting is fanatically focused on hosting services, but also has its head in the clouds. The company provides a range – Read more